Wedding Officiant question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Wedding Officiant question

Has anyone ever had a friend/family member apply for a license for a day to Gov. Patrick? If so, how long does it take? Do they provide a booklet or other form of information about how to conduct the ceremony and what to include?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from simon08. Show simon08's posts

Re: Wedding Officiant question

I actually thought they had to go on line and answer questions, forms, etc. from there. 

If you want an awesome JP - look up Carol Merletti - www.weddingofyourdesire.com
    she is fantastic!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Hi, kinga....

Go to this link for the form and information.

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3modulechunk&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Agov3&b=terminalcontent&f=one_day_marriage_designation_instructions&csid=Agov3

I think it took about three weeks for it to be issued, and it's only valid for 60 days, so don't do it too far ahead of time.

It doesn't come with ceremony instructions.  I highly recommend "The Wedding Ceremony Planner" by Rev. Judith Johnson - even if you're not planning to include any religious content.  It had lots of great suggestions, suggested wording, and ideas for many different situations.

Having a personal friend perform the ceremony made all the difference in the world to us!  Best wishes! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi Kinga
    I had one of my best friends marry us.  He/she will need to have a reference from someone (it can't be from you or your FI) and I believe it's $35 (at least it was in December).  It is not down online.  The person needs to mail it in with a check.  You do not get any kind of guide with your certificate, but we ordered a book on Amazon about ceremonies and discussed with her what we wanted and she wrote it up. I think it was the book cosmo mentioned.

Having her marry us was just so memorable and I am glad she accepted when I asked her.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Thank you for all your suggestions, I'm so glad I asked. I just assumed that it would give us a guideline, but now I'll be looking into that book.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I also had a friend get the Officiant for a Day license. It was relatively quick and easy. i don't think it took 3 weeks for us, but it processing times probably vary.

I didn't get any book on ceremonies. We've been to enough weddings to know what we wanted and what we didn't want. Short intro from the heart, vows, exchange rings, "I now pronounce you husband and wife", kiss.
    You can also get some great info on ceremony ideas from offbeatbride.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding Officiant question:
    I also had a friend get the Officiant for a Day license. It was relatively quick and easy. i don't think it took 3 weeks for us, but it processing times probably vary. I didn't get any book on ceremonies. We've been to enough weddings to know what we wanted and what we didn't want. Short intro from the heart, vows, exchange rings, "I now pronounce you husband and wife", kiss. You can also get some great info on ceremony ideas from offbeatbride.com
    Posted by pinkkittie27

Thank you! Great site! We're thinking about doing the wine box thing during the ceremony...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding Officiant question:
    In Response to Re: Wedding Officiant question : Thank you! Great site! We're thinking about doing the wine box thing during the ceremony...
    Posted by kinga9

that one is really cool! I also like the volcano, because I'm a big dork... :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from simon08. Show simon08's posts

we did the wine ceramony and it was a big hit!  no one had seen it who attended our wedding and everyone was asking about it and commenting what a great feature it was!  it is definately something a bit different from the usual sand, candles, etc.

Sections
Shortcuts