Weddingbee.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Weddingbee.com

Ewww...I don't know if any of you blog on there, but one of my friends was OB-SESSED with it and blogged her entirewedding planning process to the T on that website. I just looked at it, and the girls seem so snobby.

Just thought I would comment....

Anyone blog on WB.com?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Weddingbee.com

In Response to Weddingbee.com:
    [QUOTE]Ewww...I don't know if any of you blog on there, but one of my friends was OB-SESSED with it and blogged her entirewedding planning process to the T on that website. I just looked at it, and the girls seem so snobby. Just thought I would comment.... Anyone blog on WB.com?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Sept, so funny you mention that. One of my friends blogged on that website and she had the link on her facebook page, so people could keep track of her wedding planning. I feel bad saying this, but most people made fun of her for it. I think she took pictures of every single thing that had anything to do with her wedding.

I once made a comment on someone's page about something I thought was nice, and the girl asked me when I was getting married; told her I wasn't engaged yet, she in so many words, told me to "come back when I had a ring"

How rude!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

oh--that's stupid, sorry peonie!  

I don't blog there, but I actually think it is a fun blog to read.  I would be WAY to shy to blog there myself though. I enjoyed looking at everyone's wedding ideas as I was planning my wedding though!  I've never participated in their chat boards or comments or anything though.  I'm not sure what the dialogue tone is.  

And, I agree that it would be kind of funny if I knew one of the bloggers.  It does take a certain wedding-crazed type. :p

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I just felt like a lot of them (not all of them) loved to post pictures of their rings (who has the biggest ring??), and their designer dresses, etc. If that's what some girls are into when they are planning their wedding, that is totally fine...but I felt that when I would read my friends page, it was all bragging bragging bragging....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: Weddingbee.com:
    [QUOTE]I just felt like a lot of them (not all of them) loved to post pictures of their rings (who has the biggest ring??), and their designer dresses, etc. If that's what some girls are into when they are planning their wedding, that is totally fine...but I felt that when I would read my friends page, it was all bragging bragging bragging....
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Yup, Peonie...completely agree!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

While I never blog about anything on there, I do think that the site and the girls posts are very helpful.  A lot of my wedding is DIY and they have so many great ideas!  They are way more into it than I am, but I have learned a lot there and get tons of ideas from the gallery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Boston, you are right...I shouldn't be so critical. Maybe the blogs I have seen are not the great ones.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I'm sure you can get great wedding ideas from any site, but I can see what everyone's saying about the tone over there.  I haven't checked out weddingbee at all, but it sounds an awful lot like The Knot.  I despise The Knot!  LOL!

Peonie, that's terrible that the girl was so rude to you...and after you gave her a compliment!  What a b!tch!  Thanks for coming here to join us instead!  :)

Liz, you should tell dougas about weddingbee.  He'd be like a kid on Christmas when he started checking out those blogs.  It would rock his world!  Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

LOL...Kmt, I still can't get over your avatar....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]LOL...Kmt, I still can't get over your avatar....

Haha, I still giggle every time I see it too!!!  I loved that South Park episode...

I just wonder how many people that don't know the whole story see my avatar and wonder "what is wrong with this chick?"  Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I don't even care...it's hilarious.

Kmt's avatar= dougas, everybody!

Sorry dougas...I don't mean to tease.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Hahaha Liz you crack me up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I don't remember what thread it's under, but dougas was harassing Kar, so to gear him away from that, I said "hey dougas, go look at the thread about me changing my reception site."

He goes..."did you change it again?"

God, he makes me laugh!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember what thread it's under, but dougas was harassing Kar, so to gear him away from that, I said "hey dougas, go look at the thread about me changing my reception site." He goes..."did you change it again?" God, he makes me laugh!!!

Yes, I saw that today and I was shocked...nobody harasses Kar!  She's the nicest person ever! Not cool!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

You should see what I posted to dougas....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

[QUOTE]Boston, you are right...I shouldn't be so critical. Maybe the blogs I have seen are not the great ones.

Sept
    to be honest, I don't really read the blogs (haha).  I just search for ideas and if I see something i like - I add it to my book of ideas! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

ditto bostonslp--i search it when i'm looking for an idea about something specific.  blogging seems to always involve a certain combination of navel-gazing and bragging.  And wedding blogging can turn the whole planning a wedding into a bizarre sort of competitive sport.  But, I still find that blog useful some times...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

[QUOTE]ditto bostonslp--i search it when i'm looking for an idea about something specific.  blogging seems to always involve a certain combination of navel-gazing and bragging.  And wedding blogging can turn the whole planning a wedding into a bizarre sort of competitive sport.  But, I still find that blog useful some times...
    Posted by jasmine09[/QUOTE]

I'M OBSESSED WITH WEDDINGBEE!  I have to admit that when boston.com changed over to the new forums, I went over to weddingbee for my lunchtime wedding reads instead.  I love following the girls' planning processes and I totally disagree that any of them are snobby at all.  It's a great site for DIY brides, as most brides make tons of their own details themselves.  They also link over to many other great wedding blogs (like www.stylemepretty.com and www.snippetandink.blogspot.com) all of which have help me in the "wedding inspiration" department. 

Don't rip on the bees, please!  (That said, I have never known any of the bloggers personally, so perhaps they are snobby in real life, I don't know.) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]I once made a comment on someone's page about something I thought was nice, and the girl asked me when I was getting married; told her I wasn't engaged yet, she in so many words, told me to "come back when I had a ring" How rude!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Peonie - I got a comment like that from one of my close friends once and I will NEVER forget she said it!!! 

Ironically enough, I think she was upset because she just found out that her florist wasn't going to use peonies for her wedding because they weren't looking good that year.  I was trying to be cheerful and told her to look at the bright side - that the wedding was almost here etc etc.  Her reponse was, Whatever you're not even engaged!  You don't know what it's like!

This was after I listened to every detail about her wedding for about 8 months.  And for the record, I got engaged ONE month later so there!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I don't get some girls....I often wonder what they do after their wedding, it's like the world comes to an end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get some girls....I often wonder what they do after their wedding, it's like the world comes to an end.

FI and I tell everyone that our wedding day will not be the happiest day of our lives...the day after will be.  Because it's over.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

lilsprout - i think that's when i started looking over there too! 

Sometimes I think that I'm looking at wedding stuff too much and it does fill up a lot of my time, but on the other hand, i need the inspiration.  It's getting to be very stressful to have so much to do on my own.  And I figure since we are paying for it ourselves, it should be (as close to) exactly what we want, so searching for the "perfect" idea will be worth it (hopefully!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weddingbee.com : Peonie - I got a comment like that from one of my close friends once and I will NEVER forget she said it!!!  Ironically enough, I think she was upset because she just found out that her florist wasn't going to use peonies for her wedding because they weren't looking good that year.  I was trying to be cheerful and told her to look at the bright side - that the wedding was almost here etc etc.  Her reponse was, Whatever you're not even engaged!  You don't know what it's like! This was after I listened to every detail about her wedding for about 8 months.  And for the record, I got engaged ONE month later so there!
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

ha ha ha, jokes on her, Fram! :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, you crack me up!  Dougas doesn't bother me. :)

I've never heard of that weddingbee site.  I like posting pictures if they're relavant to a conversation (as you know!), but I wouldn't thrust 1000s of ring and planning photos on everyone in the world...who would care about all that stuff except the bride and her mom?  I only put pictures of my rings online (privately) for my grandmother who lived out of state; she was dying and wouldn't ever see them otherwise. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

[QUOTE]Liz, you crack me up!  Dougas doesn't bother me. :) I've never heard of that weddingbee site.  I like posting pictures if they're relavant to a conversation (as you know!), but I wouldn't thrust 1000s of ring and planning photos on everyone in the world...who would care about all that stuff except the bride and her mom?  I only put pictures of my rings online (privately) for my grandmother who lived out of state; she was dying and wouldn't ever see them otherwise. 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

The concept of weddingbee.com is to profile about 25 brides through their entire wedding planning process.  They are "required" to post about 3-4 blogs a week documenting everything - they are asked to post all of those things.  I personally have about 4-5 brides that I follow based on their style choices or similarities to my own wedding, so that's why I frequent that site - to see what progress they've made and what other things have inspired them.  They aren't "bragging" about anything, they are simply documenting their entire wedding planning process, from the proposal to even months after the wedding...DIY projects, good/bad vendor experiences, problems they've run into, how they resolved them, etc... 

Anyone just starting the wedding planning (or not yet engaged - Peonie I'm looking at you!) you should check it out if you haven't - I can't tell you how much inspiration I've gotten from there!

Sections
Shortcuts