Weddingbee.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Re: Weddingbee.com

In Response to Re: Weddingbee.com:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weddingbee.com : The concept of weddingbee.com is to profile about 25 brides through their entire wedding planning process.  They are "required" to post about 3-4 blogs a week documenting everything - they are asked to post all of those things.  I personally have about 4-5 brides that I follow based on their style choices or similarities to my own wedding, so that's why I frequent that site - to see what progress they've made and what other things have inspired them.  They aren't "bragging" about anything, they are simply documenting their entire wedding planning process, from the proposal to even months after the wedding...DIY projects, good/bad vendor experiences, problems they've run into, how they resolved them, etc...  Anyone just starting the wedding planning (or not yet engaged - Peonie I'm looking at you!) you should check it out if you haven't - I can't tell you how much inspiration I've gotten from there!
    Posted by LilSprout[/QUOTE]

Oops - Peonie, I just looked back and realized you didn't like weddingbee :)  Any other as of yet unbetrotheds - check it out!  (I don't know why I'm advocating so much for weddingbee, I just love it!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I didn't realize it was required and all - I guess I should have looked at the site before I formed an opinion.  Thanks, LilSprout!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I just started browsing through weddingbee.com a little while ago; I'm currently reading their boards over there.  Wow.  People really act and talk like that???

I can't say much about the blogs, but the boards are a disaster.  Example:  check out this lovely girl!

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/am-i-engaged-or-am-i-not-engaged-confused

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]I just started browsing through weddingbee.com a little while ago; I'm currently reading their boards over there.  Wow.  People really act and talk like that??? I can't say much about the blogs, but the boards are a disaster.  Example:  check out this lovely girl! http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/am-i-engaged-or-am-i-not-engaged-confused
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

She's special. I wonder if a devourse is anything like a divorce? You'd think she'd have compassion for her parents going through that....and her FI got a morocycle so she wants to call off the wedding?

I'm glad none of you girls are batsh!t crazy. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

What is she 18??  (Even at 18 I sounded way more mature than that.)

Peas - I think it's her deadbeat dad and her stepmother getting divorced.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I just started browsing through weddingbee.com a little while ago; I'm currently reading their boards over there.  Wow.  People really act and talk like that??? I can't say much about the blogs, but the boards are a disaster.  Example:  check out this lovely girl! http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/am-i-engaged-or-am-i-not-engaged-confused
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

Kmt, I read about three lines of that and after I read "my dad is loaded" and then saw that the poor girl can't even spell "divorce" correctly "DEVORSE"??? I stopped.

Too all you bee lovers, I apologize for making fun. The friend I had who blogged; all her bee friends were major braggers. I can't tell you how many pictures of 2 carat diamond rings and Vera W*ng wedding gowns I saw on their pages. Just saying.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

Dang it, I can't open it.  Blocked site at work...always ruining my fun and slacking off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

LOL! Hey dkb, is your grandfather the one who followed you around at your wedding asking if he could have another cupcake???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! Hey dkb, is your grandfather the one who followed you around at your wedding asking if he could have another cupcake???
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

YES!  He ate 5 and took 6 home with him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

SO CUTE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Two examples of "Bragging"

http://www.weddingbee.com/2008/08/07/something-new/

http://www.weddingbee.com/2009/02/05/ive-been-cheating-2/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Two examples of "Bragging" http://www.weddingbee.com/2008/08/07/something-new/ http://www.weddingbee.com/2009/02/05/ive-been-cheating-2/
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Why is she calling her FI or DH a diva?? That is a little weird...

And who takes a picture of their hand brushing back their hair, just so the world can see their huge diamonds??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weddingbee.com : Kmt, I read about three lines of that and after I read "my dad is loaded" and then saw that the poor girl can't even spell "divorce" correctly "DEVORSE"??? Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

It's too bad daddy didn't put some of his millions towards schooling for his little girl.  Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosKer. Show RosKer's posts

This is totally off topic, but sept2010, is that your dog as your avatar?  I have a mini schnauzer named Charley that looks almost exactly like your avatar (but his ears are cropped) and every time you post and your pic comes up I miss him since he is home and I'm stuck at work :(

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Ohh I didn't realize it was the stepmom and estranged father...that's too bad. It sounds like she has a difficult family situation (but she's still a brat and can't write coherent sentences).

RosKer--FI's parents have two mini schnauzers and they're awesome! The male is content to sit in his bed all day and observe goings-on, but the female is feisty and always wants to play. They're such great dogs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]This is totally off topic, but sept2010, is that your dog as your avatar?  I have a mini schnauzer named Charley that looks almost exactly like your avatar (but his ears are cropped) and every time you post and your pic comes up I miss him since he is home and I'm stuck at work :(
    Posted by RosKer[/QUOTE]

Ros...no, I WISH!

Mini's are my favorite dog ever! In fact Whirled gave me the name of a breeder which I fully intend to use when FI and I are ready for a puppy! I can NOT wait to get a mini! I am so beyond jealous of you!!! Where did you get your mini??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosKer. Show RosKer's posts

I got him from a breeder in Tewksbury named Len Spadafora.  I think his business was called Watch Me Mini or something like that.  It was out of his house though.   He has so many mini's and really loves them all.  I guess he shows some of them.  He had Charley's parents, grandparents, and great grandmother living with him.  And they had an RV with a giant picture of a mini schnauzer on it (which I found hysterical).  Charley's a little over a year and I still email with him because he genuinely wants to know the dogs progress.  Great guy.. I highly suggest him.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

DH is well aware that if he ever buys a motorcycle, I'll change the locks. What is a deal-breaker to some seems frivolous to others.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weddingbee.com : She's special. I wonder if a devourse is anything like a divorce? You'd think she'd have compassion for her parents going through that....and her FI got a morocycle so she wants to call off the wedding? I'm glad none of you girls are batsh!t crazy.
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A motorcycle purchase was one of the very last straws before our divorce started.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

No way in hell would I accept that. I am not going to say I wouldn't allow it, but I would not in anyway approve. I don't need to sit at home and worry constantly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

[QUOTE]Two examples of "Bragging" http://www.weddingbee.com/2008/08/07/something-new/ http://www.weddingbee.com/2009/02/05/ive-been-cheating-2/
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Delayed response, Peonie, but ok... she's bragging a bit there!  The rest of the girls are much more modest...  They've even recently shown the bloggers' budgets for everything (venue, food, dress, rings, etc.) and they are quite modest (IMO). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

HI, haven't been on in a while (just got back from honeymoon! will write a review soon)  I have to say i love weddingbee - i got a lot of unique ideas from them, liked seeing the different traditions, and locations - find it really fun to read.  I haven't seen any "snoby" blogers - as there is an application process etc, and they tend to monitor the blog pretty closely. It was actually bought by eHarmony last fall? Or something.

There were 2 bee's that wedding's didn't happen - they ended calling it off, it was sad, and as they choose to be on a blog they were very open about it. Also, they are from all walks of life, a few that it is their second marriage, or their husbands second marriage and how that affects them - mixed religions, faiths, sexual preference - one bee got prego right before the wedding, a few have had difficulty getting prego, issues, etc. It is a very unique board. And you find the "bee" you relate to the most - but lots of unique and creative ideas I tell you!  

I am not a bee, and haven't met a bee, but for my planning process it was fun, and interesting. I went here for local items and feedback and ideas, as well as the bee for unique creative ideas. I never really did the boards there though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weddingbee.com : Delayed response, Peonie, but ok... she's bragging a bit there!  The rest of the girls are much more modest...  They've even recently shown the bloggers' budgets for everything (venue, food, dress, rings, etc.) and they are quite modest (IMO). 
    Posted by LilSprout[/QUOTE]

Lil, I take back any negative comments I said. Your avatar is so cute!

Sections
Shortcuts