Weight loss and diet tips?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Weight loss and diet tips?

Does anyone have a really great recipe and any tips for weight loss?  I am getting fitted for my dress in August (I still have a bit of time), and I am stressing out so much about losing weight.  Does anyone have any good tips for food that keeps you full throughout the day?  I find myself getting hungry or just plain "forgetting" to eat at times.

Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Re: Weight loss and diet tips?

[QUOTE]Does anyone have a really great recipe and any tips for weight loss?  I am getting fitted for my dress in August (I still have a bit of time), and I am stressing out so much about losing weight.  Does anyone have any good tips for food that keeps you full throughout the day?  I find myself getting hungry or just plain "forgetting" to eat at times. Thanks in advance!
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]
    For me setting my calendar to send me reminders to have snacks helped a lot.  That way I could get a boost from a natural sugar like and apple, and keep me going and it wouldn't lead to a big low afterwards.  And the snacking helped me eat less at meals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

So, I gather that happened to you, too?  I am one who literally forgets to eat.  If I can't think of what I should have for lunch, then I won't eat because I forget to. Then, 2pm rolls around, and I realize I haven't eaten anything except my morning coffee all day.  I know that doesn't help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Didn't do that.

Thanks for your comments, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

Whey protein is a good appetite suppressor.  You can mix it with skim milk and it tastes just like chocolate milk.

I'm at work at 7:00, so I eat breakfast really early and I am always starving by 9:00.  I started eating Quaker weight control oatmeal for breakfast and now my stomach doesn't start growling until around 11:00 when I usually have lunch.

For workouts, I swear by yoga.  Best workout ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

A friend of mine told me about whey protein, too.  I think I will try that.  Thanks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

[QUOTE]You can lose weight if you stop belittling and insulting people around you. Less stress. 
    Posted by calmdown[/QUOTE]

Dude, why are you on these wedding boards and why are you always stalking Goodness?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]You did and you should be ashamed. Total denial. This world has awful people.

You're one of them, my friend.

Now, please leave me alone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, why are you on these wedding boards and why are you always stalking Goodness?
    Posted by dbilodeau[/QUOTE]

He does this.  He monitors posters, and comes back to say spiteful, rude things to them.  Honestly, he is the meanest person, so he's trying to turn the tables.  If you get on his good side, you are lucky.  Once you get on his bad side, WATCH OUT.  Ruthless! 

I just try as hard as I can to ignore it.  If you are interested, go onto the Relationship boards to see how condescending he really is. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Sadly (I say that jokingly) I don't forget to eat.  But I would try to force myself not to snack and then would eat more during the meals.  But now I just have good snacks around, like trail mix, but I never eat out of the bag, I always measure it and put it in a little dish or eat a piece of fruit.  If I don't measure the stuff then I will eat a ton because it is mindless.  I also measure my cereal for breakfast which I have everymorning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I think I forget when I am at work. 

Otherwise, on the weekends, I eat!! 

I do measure things, as well.  I try not to eat more than a cup of cereal, etc.  I really love Special K.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

[QUOTE]He does this.  He monitors posters, and comes back to say spiteful, rude things to them.  Honestly, he is the meanest person, so he's trying to turn the tables.  If you get on his good side, you are lucky.  Once you get on his bad side, WATCH OUT.  Ruthless!  I just try as hard as I can to ignore it.  If you are interested, go onto the Relationship boards to see how condescending he really is. 
    I wonder if he is really "that guy"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

[QUOTE]He does this.  He monitors posters, and comes back to say spiteful, rude things to them.  Honestly, he is the meanest person, so he's trying to turn the tables.  If you get on his good side, you are lucky.  Once you get on his bad side, WATCH OUT.  Ruthless!  I just try as hard as I can to ignore it.  If you are interested, go onto the Relationship boards to see how condescending he really is. 

Wonder why he hasn't been banned?

Back to the question, if you like eggs you can make egg white omletes in the morning if you have time.  I try maybe once a week to get up in time to make one and it keeps me from snacking all morning.  I love cereal, but I'm starving a half hour after I eat it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if he is really "that guy"
    Posted by wendy98[/QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not.  I used to like him.  Don't know what happened.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder why he hasn't been banned? Back to the question, if you like eggs you can make egg white omletes in the morning if you have time.  I try maybe once a week to get up in time to make one and it keeps me from snacking all morning.  I love cereal, but I'm starving a half hour after I eat it.
    Posted by dbilodeau[/QUOTE]

That's true.  There is so much protein in eggs, that they keep me full all morning, too.  There are days when I need a yolk, though!  HA!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

My wedding is August 8th, so about a month ago I started gradually increasing my protein intake and reducing the carbs.  I don't think I've ever felt better!

I eat a small meal or snack about every 3 hours.  Anything high in protein is good; I eat a lot of chicken, turkey, seafood, lean pork, egg whites, almonds, string cheese, whey protein (a shake, a scoop in my oatmeal, or I use it to make protein pancakes), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, and soy products (Boca burgers, Gardenburgers). 

I'm always looking for new recipes and ideas so I'm curious as to what everyone else has to say!  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

kmt09, that is just what I have started doing.  Taking out all complex carbs, and trying to take in more protein.  I hit a wall when I can't think of anything to eat, though.  So, I find myself eating a lot of salads, which I get bored of rather quickly.  I do have string cheese a lot, and I have found one that has 50 calories per piece, and it tastes good. 

Do you have any good chicken recipes?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

Gee, lets see, why haven't I been banned. I think because I am right. Why haven't you two been banned after your attack on that women? And you know what speaks volumes, you will never own up to it or say you were wrong for saying it. Way to take responsibility.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Gee, lets see, why haven't I been banned. I think because I am right. Why haven't you two been banned after your attack on that women? And you know what speaks volumes, you will never own up to it or say you were wrong for saying it. Way to take responsibility.  

If you are referring to the post about the girl who said she's pregnant, and getting married this weekend... then, look at the Pregnancy boards.  I did acknowledge that I might have been wrong, but that it seemed like a fake post (as we get those a lot on any of the boards). 

By the way, I don't really see how this concerns you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I keep Luna bars in my desk and instant oat meal. So that when I start thinking about food, I eat one of those and then if I'm still hungry I get something else, but keeps from from forgetting about eating because I have something right there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Goodness, I hear you on the salads.  I can only eat them for so long, and then I never want to see another one again.  Lately I've been on a taco kick, minus the shell.  I'll cook up either chicken or ground turkey with some taco seasoning, then top it with low fat shredded cheese, salsa, lettuce, and light sour cream (or plain greek yogurt for added protein, tastes just like sour cream).  It's actually pretty tasty and it's easy to just make a whole bunch at once for the week.

Cookinglight.com has some great, healthy recipes; I get a lot of ideas from there. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

[QUOTE]kmt09, that is just what I have started doing.  Taking out all complex carbs, and trying to take in more protein.  I hit a wall when I can't think of anything to eat, though.  So, I find myself eating a lot of salads, which I get bored of rather quickly.  I do have string cheese a lot, and I have found one that has 50 calories per piece, and it tastes good.  Do you have any good chicken recipes?

I don't have a specific recipe, but we got these great meat rubs for christmas and we just rub the spices on chicken breasts and bake them and it soooo good.  I can't think of the brand, but  I will check when I get home.  Sometimes just some spices can make all the difference.

Also started using ground turkey breast for tacos instead of beef.  I like it better!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Great idea!!  I love tacos, so that taco salad is something great and healthy to make at home.

What do you think of ground beef sirloin?  Not as healthy as chicken, I know, but do you think it would be okay for a diet? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I thought it was fake too. LET IT GO!

Geez, who made you judge and jury?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I love Weight Watchers, even just to lose a few here and there. I really need the discipline of writing everything down and keeping track of activity motivates me to get my lazybum to the gym.

Unfortunately, I never forget to eat. Once it is noon I am up and out on the food hunt. So have to be really careful.  But I find that drinking a lot of water...as much as I hate it...really helps to keep you un-hungry and its good for so many other reasons as well.

and Goodness, don't give a second thought (not that you would) to the garbage "calmdown" is throwing around. He/She is probably the one creating all the fake posts anyway. Loser.