Weight loss and diet tips?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: Weight loss and diet tips?

yup, diet soda is made to taste sweeter than regular soda. Sweet things make you crave other sweet things.
    I had to go cold turkey on soda for a while, now I only drink it if I go out to eat, which is rarely.
    I noticed a huge difference in my skin.
    Also- drinking lots of water helps you feel fuller. I don't do 8 glasses a day, but I usually go for 6.

[QUOTE]I swear, I thought I was imagining it.  I feel the same way.  Not as sluggish, not as hungry, and definitely don't crave it as much or sweets.  I used to CRAVE soda, but once I stopped having it so much, I don't anymore.  Now, if I do have one, it's more of a treat.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Pink, that's another thing.  I noticed a difference in my skin, too!!  I went onto that post about the skin, and now thinking back, I am realizing that my skin is better from cutting back on soda, as well. 

Good point!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]What does everyone think of diet soda? 

No, no, no, no, NO!  :)  The stuff they put in diet soda is just as bad for you as the sugar in regular soda.  If you're serious about losing weight, anything but water or unsweetened tea (or coffee) is just empty calories.

I've been skimming these posts - I have never in my life forgotten to eat.  My bigger problem is that I forget to stop eating.  But one thing that helps - in the middle of the day, or before a meal, drink a big glass of water.  It should help you to eat less.

I also recommend substituting ground turkey for ground beef in stuff that has a lot of seasoning - for example, in pastas or casseroles, you wouldn't notice the difference.  I also do it with tacos, but I wouldn't really recommend doing it with burgers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]I swear, I thought I was imagining it.  I feel the same way.  Not as sluggish, not as hungry, and definitely don't crave it as much or sweets.  I used to CRAVE soda, but once I stopped having it so much, I don't anymore.  Now, if I do have one, it's more of a treat.

I gave up soda a few years ago - I lost 8 pounds in two weeks.  At the time, I drank it like water.  Now, when I do drink a soda, it is the most delicious thing I have ever tasted.  Plus, I can afford to eat better, because I save so much money.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I think it's more of I can't think of anything to eat, so I don't eat.  There are so many snacks and "bad" things at work, that it's easy to just join in and eat.  When I try and focus on what I'm eating, that's when I can't think of what to eat.  So, I don't.  That's a bad thing when trying to diet!  Not eating is just as bad as eating "bad".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I love the fizzy carbonation of soda and used to drink diet soda, but in an effort to reduce my caffeine intake, it also reduced the amount of soda I would drink.  However I still wanted something fizzy, so now I drink fizzy water I usually get store brand, where the ingredients are water, carbonation and flavor - Lime is my favorite.  Anything thing with sodium is out the window, and there is a lot of sodium in sodas diet or regular.  I drink regular water too but I just don't like it, but with the fizzy water I could drink it all the time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Goodness - My new favorite snack is apple slices with cheese slices.  Such a yummy combo!  Dry, nutty cheeses work really well, but I'm sure any cheese would do.  It provides fiber, protein and that little sugar boost.

I myself have been utilizing the "report abuse" button.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

mmm... apples and cheese! Now I'm hungry!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I love apples and cheese!!  That sounds so good.  I want a big platter of fruit and cheeses for dinner now!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I love apples and cheese.... hold the apples. ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I have been adding much more protein and fiber to my meals. Instead of a plate of pasta with chicken etc. I have been substituting chickpeas or kidney beans instead.  It is a great way to fill you up and you get the fiber that you need.     I need carbs with a meal to feel full.  I could never do the fish and veg. for dinner and feel full. So I have been doing beans instead of rice, bread, or pasta.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

[QUOTE]That is so cute about the blue tights.  What is your theme?

Apparently it is 80's - I'm not supposed to know that though. But I did go out and buy some scrunchies. :-) Now if I could only find Jelly Bracelets...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fiber supplements help me lose weight without even thinking about it.  I take it morning and night, and I think I just eat fewer calories per meal.

For my DH's weight support during his workday, I pack a number of fiber- and protein rich snacks that I weigh into little snack size ziplocks for him to grab throughout the day.  I buy Trader Joe's snacks, mostly - lightly salted peanuts, wasabi pea nut mix, dried fruit, and baked kettle chips (he likes the aged cheddar, only 120 calories for an ounce).  Also, the 2% milkfat Live Active (digestive probiotics) Breakstone cottage cheeses or an ounce of 2% milkfat Cabot Cheddar.  I smear a Laughing Cow lowfat cheese wedge into a couple of celery stalks, too.  He loves those.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Hot Topic has loads of them, and big plastic neon earrings too!

[QUOTE]Apparently it is 80's - I'm not supposed to know that though. But I did go out and buy some scrunchies. :-) Now if I could only find Jelly Bracelets...
    Posted by amschnittger[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

[QUOTE]Hot Topic has loads of them, and big plastic neon earrings too!
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Fiber supplements help me lose weight without even thinking about it.  I take it morning and night, and I think I just eat fewer calories per meal. For my DH's weight support during his workday, I pack a number of fiber- and protein rich snacks that I weigh into little snack size ziplocks for him to grab throughout the day.  I buy Trader Joe's snacks, mostly - lightly salted peanuts, wasabi pea nut mix, dried fruit, and baked kettle chips (he likes the aged cheddar, only 120 calories for an ounce).  Also, the 2% milkfat Live Active (digestive probiotics) Breakstone cottage cheeses or an ounce of 2% milkfat Cabot Cheddar.  I smear a Laughing Cow lowfat cheese wedge into a couple of celery stalks, too.  He loves those.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Those are some great tips!  Do you get your supplements/vitamins from Trader Joe's, too?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Those are some great tips!  Do you get your supplements/vitamins from Trader Joe's, too?

No problem - happy to pass along what works for us!  Planning ahead is your best defense - pack your snacks in snack size bags and get a cheap kitchen scale to make sure you are serving conscious.

Regarding my supplements, I would get them at Trader Joe's (they seem well priced and decent) except that my aunt is a chiropractor and, therefore, able to distribute Standard Process (brand name) supplements.  I get all of mine from her.  They are top notch, natural and bioavailable.  We're TTC so I get special ones, too, for immunity, calcium, and hormone support.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]No problem - happy to pass along what works for us!  Planning ahead is your best defense - pack your snacks in snack size bags and get a cheap kitchen scale to make sure you are serving conscious. Regarding my supplements, I would get them at Trader Joe's (they seem well priced and decent) except that my aunt is a chiropractor and, therefore, able to distribute Standard Process (brand name) supplements.  I get all of mine from her.  They are top notch, natural and bioavailable.  We're TTC so I get special ones, too, for immunity, calcium, and hormone support.

Wow, that's great! 

Thanks for the tip on the fiber supplement.  I'll keep them in mind.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Trader Joe's also has these aweomse fiber fruit roll-ups. They're all natural, and super tasty. Good to keep in your desk on those days you might forget to eat!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Trader Joe's also has these aweomse fiber fruit roll-ups. They're all natural, and super tasty. Good to keep in your desk on those days you might forget to eat!
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

I know, you are right.  I'm SO bad!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. :-)
    Posted by amschnittger[/QUOTE]

I think that's such a cute theme, btw.  The 80's styles are classic!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

you are bad

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

[QUOTE]I think that's such a cute theme, btw.  The 80's styles are classic!

I know I'm excited...I have a feeling we're going to some sort of 80's bar or something, I'm not really supposed to know any details but I'm pretty sure I have it all figured out. :-) Can't wait.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

The music will be fun to dance to.  Are you going to tease your hair Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]Fiber supplements help me lose weight without even thinking about it.  I take it morning and night, and I think I just eat fewer calories per meal. For my DH's weight support during his workday, I pack a number of fiber- and protein rich snacks that I weigh into little snack size ziplocks for him to grab throughout the day.  I buy Trader Joe's snacks, mostly - lightly salted peanuts, wasabi pea nut mix, dried fruit, and baked kettle chips (he likes the aged cheddar, only 120 calories for an ounce).  Also, the 2% milkfat Live Active (digestive probiotics) Breakstone cottage cheeses or an ounce of 2% milkfat Cabot Cheddar.  I smear a Laughing Cow lowfat cheese wedge into a couple of celery stalks, too.  He loves those.

I am obsessed with TJ's too! Have you noticed how cheap their cheese is?  Goat Cheese, Feta, 1/2 the price of other stores!  I also have the laughing cow cheese on celery, had it just this morning in fact!  It is probably the lowest in calories of any snack, and it takes a bit to eat so you don't feel gypped!   I also like TJ's version of pirates b*oty! (omg i can't believe I could not put that word in my post!)