What color shoes with this dress?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

What color shoes with this dress?

As early as this sounds, I picked at my BM dresses this past weekend, because two of my BM's were in town (one lives in NC and the other in NY) and we all went to look around and we all fell in love with this dress and color. What shoes should they wear with the yellow? I don't want white or ivory.

http://watters.com/product.php?coll=wtoo&showid=2462

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Re: What color shoes with this dress?

oooh i love it!!!

IMO, you can never go wrong with a silver strappy sandal. Plus, totally rewearable

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Wow, pretty!  For some reason I thought you were going with fuchsia or merlot BM dresses.

I'd say definitely a silver strappy sandal or even gold.  Nice neutral shoe colors that can definitely be worn again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Trex, I was going to, but now I am going to go with yellow, because it is such a pretty, fun, summery color, and different!

But, my wedding colors are still going to incorporate lots of pinks. Their bouquets will have lots of deep pinks in them, along with yellow roses (my favorite flower!)

Silver would work! I was also thinking maybe a dark pewter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree, silver or pewter would work, but I also think a patent leather black sandal would be good, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I like gold shoes with yellow! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

neutral colored shoes (taupe, beige, light tan, nude, blush) are back in a big way and I think they're going to stick around. You can easily pair them with any color dress. and of course brown or metallic would also look great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IsabelArcher. Show IsabelArcher's posts

Beautiful dress!  

if they all get the exact same shoe, how 'bout each wears a different color?  All "neutrals" (golds, silvers, yellow), or go "rainbow". (fuchsia, purple, puce.) 
    As long as it is spare and strappy, it will work. 

If an assortment of different shoes (different foot types sometimes require this, for example I can't wear mules, I step right out of them) then stick to one color, natch. Either black patent (if strappy); yellow, or blush/rose (great thinking, pink!)

Too neutral and the shoe doesn't show up on the foot. So do avoid ivory and very soft golds. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Cute dress! I like the gold shoes that the model is wearing in the picture. You could do black if they were strappy and light. I would be worried that it would be too heavy for the bright airy-ness of the dress.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

These are reasonably priced and get 5 stars on zappos.  They have totally free returns,  no hassle.

Gold "comfort" sandles $45

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

GOLD.  No question!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

I take it back - I'd also recommend royal blue, navy, fuschia or green.  Anything bold.  (Personally I'd wear gold - but I think any other bright color would be awesome, especially if it coordinates with your colors.)  That said, I didn't have my BMs wear any specific shoe... so it might be easier to tell them "just pick a gold strappy sandal" ... which they may already have in their closet. 

Bright jewelry would be fun, too? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

I love that shade of yellow!  I say gold, or possibly silver, though I do like LilSprout's idea of doing a really fun bold color.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Yeah, fuchsia shoes would actually look super cute with the dress, especially if you have pink in your flowers.  However, at the same time, i personally would never wear fuchsia shoes again, so it would be nice as a BM to either buy shoes I can wear again or just use some shoes I already own.  I feel like saving money is the best gift you can give your BMs! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Lil, I was thinking maybe bright pink or charcoal grey, because my wedding colors are yellow, grey and pink. Great ideas!

And they don't all have to wear the same shoes, they can pick out whatever they want, or wear something they already have.

I know Trex...that is the best thing about BM dresses that girls can wear a simple black pump with!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I think bright pink or fuschia (or any bright color) would be awesome with that dress and VERY fun!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I really like the idea of bright pink shoes.  I have a very hard time thinking of a color that goes with yellow, even though I've seen people wear various colored shoes and look great.

I cannot lie, though.  I bought bright pink shoes last summer and have only worn them twice.  I figure I'll get use out of them over time!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just bought bright pink shoes that I wear all the time!  Love them.  They are Rockports and super comfortable, no break in.  However, they aren't cheap, and might be out of range for reasonable BM cost...

Zappos Rockport Pink Sandals

P.S.  I actually didn't get mine from Zappos this time - I got them on sale at a Rockport store where it was buy one get one for 1/2 price. 

And, I agree, Pinkkie - I wear my pink shoes with everything but red.  I have deep purple nail polish on so it goes with all my sandals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

pink goes with every color except red. I used to have a pair of bright pink leather kitten heels and I wore them til they fell apart, with jeans, dresses, skirts and just about everything.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Those pink shoes Kar posted would be really cute, especially if the bouquets tied the colors together.

Maybe they would be cheaper at the end of the season?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe...they are pricey.  But, I will say, though, that they have the ledgendary comfort Rockport is known for.  The BMs would definitely wear them again and again every Summer.  The thing that really sets them apart is the serious padding they have at the ball of your foot.  Usually, after a few hours of standing in heels I feel like a nail is being driven in the center of the ball of my foot.  Not in these.  Also, the upper is already very soft and broken in when you first wear them.  They are worth the money, imo, but I'd be reluctant to ask anyone else to spend that much.  I mean, I routinely spend that much on shoes (and I don't have a closet full of them), but other girls wouldn't dream of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Very cute, Kar!

I plan on buying them flip flops to change into for the reception, because I know what you're talking about standing in heals for a long time. My feet just can't handle that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

look what I found!
    Now just picture them holding the bouquet in my avatar.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Peoni! That would be so perfect! I love those colors.b.g.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Oops, spelled your name wrong Peonie.