Alterations - Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tex5. Show Tex5's posts

Alterations - Boston

Can anyone recommend someone for alterations in Boston?

I ordered my dress from Allegria Bridal in Belmont but haven't heard anything great about the seamstress they are associated with.

I live in Charlestown and work downtown and would like to find someone a little more accessible, (as I know time will be tight as I get closer to the date).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Alterations - Boston

Hi there,

The place I went to is in Newton, but it is SO worth driving to.  I went to see Anahit at Bridal Alterations by Anahit, 331 Watertown Street.   She is a wonder worker with bridal gowns.   Kargiver will attest to it too!    She is reasonably priced and knows what she is doing.   I'd check her out if you are willing to drive to Newton!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I will definitely attest to it, but I believe she might have retired and is why I didn't post.  I know she was planning to scale way back last year.  Give her a call, though, and if she's open and taking clients, PLEASE GO!!  She's the best there is.

331 Watertown St
    Newton, MA 02458
    (617) 795-1940

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

I love Best Fit on Newbury. 

www.bestfitinc.com
    268 Newbury Street
    (617) 266-4490

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here's what Anahit did for me:  Lace fitting with boning, de-poofed and shortened long trumpet sleeves to 3/4 length, bodice fitting, cathedral train shortened to chapel length, sewn in petticoat, French bustle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Omigosh, Kar. I have never seen your gown before. What an elegant, gorgeous gown. I love the scalloped neckline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thank you, Peonie!  I got it at VOWS, and they estimated it worth about $5400 but Anahit estimated closer to $8000.  The silk was "second to none," she said.  I got it for $700.  It started out $1100, but I waited a couple of months, and it had been marked down to $800, and I asked for another $100 which they gave me.  YAY!

About alterations, though, I'll see if I can find a picture of the "before" dress.  It was awful - I had to really use my imagination to fall in love with the dress before it was altered.

...nope, my mac is still dead, and that's where the only "before" photo taken at VOWS lives. :(  The lace was all saggy, the train was HUGE, the sleeves were hideously poufy and totally covered my fingers, the bodice was roomy, the skirt was flat.  Anahit is a miracle worker.

Sections
Shortcuts