Alterations!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Alterations!

I had my first fitting last night with Fay Carraher in Billerica and she is *awesome*!!!  I am so happy!  I picked up my dress at Camilla's in Arlington a few weeks ago and had a brief encounter with their seamstress.  The prices she quoted me were pretty outrageous and also kept changing (which bothered me).  I didn't feel comfortable with them and I have heard Fay is really good, so I took it to her.

She is SO nice!  She was super sweet and showed my MOH how to properly lace up the back.  She also showed us how to fluff out the tulle to make the skirt more poofy, which gave it the look I watned (I never would ahve known you have to do that!).  She gave me a ton of suggestions and is doing everything I want to the dress, including shortening the train!  At Camilla's it was going to cost me twice as much as Fay is charging me (which was actually cost prohibitive for me).  Now I can get everything I want and my dress is going to be perfect!  I'm so happy!

If anyone wants her contact info, just message me and I can send it to you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Re: Alterations!

Hi Trex!

I would love Fay's contact info but I couldn't figure out how to message you.  My email is mollymorse12 at gmail dot com.  Could you email it to me???  I work in Billerica so her location is perfect for me, and I got my dress up in Portsmouth NH, which is way too far to go back and forth for alterations.  Right now my dress is sitting in the closet of my old room in my parents house, haha.

Thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Nevermind Trex - I found it online.  My first fitting is 6/29 - hooray!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Twinklie,

Great, I'm glad you found her!  She is really great and she gets great reviews from other brides on the knot (that's how I found her).  So I know she'll do a good job!

I so can't wait to see my dress again!  Next fitting 7/5.  I kind of miss my dress already... :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Trex - I know what you mean, I just had my dress on last night at my parents' house trying to figure out how long of a veil to order.  Now I sort of miss it since it is fresh in my memory - I hadn't seen it since we picked it up from the shop.

I guess Fay booked a long vacation in the beginning of August, so I will have to have my dress done 2 weeks in advance of my wedding (wedding is 8/14).  Fine by me!  I can't wait to see it all fitting me.  The bust on my dress is way too big since I'm by no means bountiful up top.  Once it actually fits me I will be able to really imagine it all, I think.  Yay!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Oh, Fay didn't tell me about her vacation!  Mine is 8/21... I wonder if I will need to pick it up early too?  I'm having her press it so I'd like that to be done as close to the wedding as possible.  It is taffetta and wrinkles SO easily!  And she said steaming it is not good for taffetta...

What kind of veil are you getting?  I'm planning on elbow length.  I want one with beading but I'm debating whether it is worth the cost.  I will only wear it for the ceremony.  Occansey can make it for $70 (wicked cheap for a beaded veil) but just not sure it is worth spending the money for like 1 hr.

I got the "push up" cups for my dress!  I didn't think I would want that, but it helped fill out the top much better since I too am not that well endowed!  I'm sure FI will like it!  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Hi trex!

I ordered my veil from Occansey!  I got a 90" standard-fullness, single layer veil with cut edge, with scatterred rhinestones and crystals in diamond white, and it matches my dress perfectly, and I looooove it.  I also got a cheap short veil for the reception in case I feel less bridal without a veil and I want to keep rocking that bridal feeling!  :) 

Oh my goodness, there are push up cups?  Sooo count me in!  I am all for anything that help me out up top!  My first fitting got pushed out to next Wednesday because  her shoulder was bothering her and she had to go to the doctor.  I hope she is ok and able to get both of our dresses done in time!

In Response to Re: Alterations!:
    Oh, Fay didn't tell me about her vacation!  Mine is 8/21... I wonder if I will need to pick it up early too?  I'm having her press it so I'd like that to be done as close to the wedding as possible.  It is taffetta and wrinkles SO easily!  And she said steaming it is not good for taffetta... What kind of veil are you getting?  I'm planning on elbow length.  I want one with beading but I'm debating whether it is worth the cost.  I will only wear it for the ceremony.  Occansey can make it for $70 (wicked cheap for a beaded veil) but just not sure it is worth spending the money for like 1 hr. I got the "push up" cups for my dress!  I didn't think I would want that, but it helped fill out the top much better since I too am not that well endowed!  I'm sure FI will like it!  :)
    Posted by trex509

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had those stick on silicone pushup boobs, and it worked great even after the stickiness wore off (if you wore it in something that held them in place like a bra or tight dress).  I actually didn't need anything in my gown, but if I needed "help" and wanted something that would be completely invisible and worry free under a wedding gown I'd get those.