Beating bloat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Beating bloat

Hey, gals,

We've talked about pre-wedding diets that help you slim down (safely!), but I don't think we've ever covered this tip I just read in Fitness magazine:

"Pineapple makes it a cinch to zip up your skinny jeans.  'It contains bromelain, an enzyme that helps break food down so that it speeds through your system faster, reducing bloat,' explains Jonny Bowden, Ph.D., auther of The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth."

So, maybe a $5 pinapple purchased and cut up the week of the wedding and eaten as part of breakfast every morning along with all the other tips (low salt, low sugar, no processed foods, high water, etc.) will help that much more.  Not that anyone who's posted their gowns needs help by any means, but don't we ALL want to feel thinner on our wedding days?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

Re: Beating bloat

That is a great idea.  Thank you so much for sharing!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Interesting you should post this... I'm going to the beach next weekend, and I was just pondering whether I want to subject myself to a colonic first.  Undecided

I'm not a fan of pineapple, but this would be easier.  And I can also see if there are other foods with the same enzyme.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm going to a pool party on Sunday and was thinking the same thing!  Although, I do like pineapple.  I wonder what else has it or if capsulized supplements are available that would be just as effective.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Not only does it come in capsule form (available at health food stores), it appears that it helps with arthritis, tendonitis, and similar conditions.  Then again, I find the list of side effects concerning.

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvitaminsa1/a/Bromelain.htm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've never had any of those negative effects from eating pineapple or known anyone to have had any.  I think that's probably if you take it supplementally and maybe overdo it?  Maybe I should can that plan of eating 10 pineapples on Saturday!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

A word of warning, if pineapple is not usually a big part of your diet, go steady on it.  The acid in it can also make ones tongue swell up... and, well, nothing will murder the wedding night quite like a swollen tongue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

nice tip, Kar, thanks for sharing!

I'm going to assume those side effects are from ODing on it. I've been known to pig out on pineapple and it never gives me any problems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awesome - I'm so glad I saw that this morning! 

My grandmother had a sensitivity to it that caused itching and swelling, but she didn't have to wolf down a whole pineapple to have a problem.  If you've never had pineapple, maybe give it a trial run before the week of your wedding just in case.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I love pineapple!  Thanks for the tip!  And I have to say I wouldn't mind feeling a little skinnier in a week or two.  I'm not sure if it is paranoia or what, but I'm petrified I won't be able to fit into my dress.  It was a little tight already and we let the hips out as far as they can go.  I just don't want to feel like crap all day because my dress is too tight!

Think pineapple juice works too?  That would be easy to drink all week with breakfast!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Enzymes break down easily.  I do not have specific knowledge about pineapple juice, but it could be lessoned by time and processing.  I'd personally go for the fruit itself if I wanted to make sure I got all the benefits.  Aside from the enzymatic action, there is far less fiber in juice than the fruit it came from.  Get it pre-cored and sliced in the fresh produce section; it's not that much more expensive (at least at Price Chopper), and it will be just as convenient as pouring a glass of juice!

P.S.  I worried about fitting in my dress, too, but as long as you weigh the same as when you had your last fitting, it WILL fit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Isn't it a scientific fact that ALL brides lose at least 2-3lbs the week before their wedding? Yes, I think it is! :) Trex, you will do just fine :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Trex, your dress has to be tight to stay up.  It's going to be perfect! 

That said, for my sake, I hope to heck Peonie is right! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Actually, yeah, that's totally true.  We were watching the newlywed game the other night, and in the intro they said the bride flashed the whole reception.  She said that she lost enough weight that the top was too loose to stay in the right place.  They had to have the photographer photoshop all the pictures (why didn't he just tell her at the time...safety pin, anyone?!).

I didn't lose any, but I didn't gain, either.  If your jeans fit, your dress fits. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justinboot. Show Justinboot's posts

Justin boots and music

Look closely and you’ll find your favorite celebrities in Justin Boots. George Strait, Tracy Byrd and Terri Clark take the stage in their favorite style, while Nolan Ryan and Randy White wear Justin Boots off the field.

These days some of the brightest stars on the country music scene can be seen in Justin Boots-Terri Clark, Tracy Byrd, and George Strait to name just a few. Justin Boots have long been affiliated with music and the Western lifestyle. Terri Clark–Born in Quebec, Canada, but with strong roots from her childhood home of Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada writing and singing country music just comes naturally for Terri Clark.

A multi-talented musician, Terri not only sings, she also plays the guitar, drums, piano, and cowbell. She is known for high-energy performances and songs from the heart, which have earned her gold and platinum albums. Terri says that her new album “Fearless” has led her full circle – and helped her grow as a musician. An evolution in her career, “Fearless” has helped Terri realize “what she wants to be when she grows up.”

Favorite Justin Boots: Style #L8933 – Black Full Quill Ostrich Western—Tracy Byrd–His recognizable rich baritone and hit singles like “Holdin’ Heaven” and “The Keeper of the Stars” have sold more than five million albums over the course of his career. A native Texan, Tracy Byrd enjoys giving back to the community that gave so much to him. The annual Tracy Byrd Homecoming Weekend has raised over $350,000 for his hometown of Beaumont, Texas since 1994. An avid interest in the outdoors led to Tracy’s role as a spokesperson for the TNN Outdoors Program and the release of a charity album called the “Wonders of Wildlife” to help protect various native animals and their natural habitats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Beating bloat:
    [QUOTE]Actually, yeah, that's totally true.  We were watching the newlywed game the other night, and in the intro they said the bride flashed the whole reception.  She said that she lost enough weight that the top was too loose to stay in the right place.  They had to have the photographer photoshop all the pictures (why didn't he just tell her at the time...safety pin, anyone?!). I didn't lose any, but I didn't gain, either.  If your jeans fit, your dress fits. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Surprised

This is why the jump test is so important for strapless gowns! I can't believe no one had a safety pin for her!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

That is precisely why I don't wear strapless dresses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

To all you lovely ladies, who want to look skinny. Kar is right - bromelain does indeed make you get rid of your bloat. However, raw pineapple can be caustic. Be careful when you eat it. Too much will burn your esophagus. Don't eat it all be itself, but mix it with something else as a part of a meal. Or better, use suplements. I learned the hard way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Randomly, this chick on Bridezillas a couple of weeks ago got a colonic.  She was a bigger girl to start, and she lost 3 pounds.  I suspect that, if I'm not quite as big as she was, it may not be worth it to lose a pound or two.

So, pineapple is probably a better idea.