Bella Sera or Natasha's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Bella Sera or Natasha's?

My best friend is getting married next June, and she loves Essence of Australia. The two salons that sell this designer are Bella Sera in Danvers and Natasha's in Methuen. Can any of you ladies give a review on either of these? She doesn't know anyone who has shopped at these stores. I told her to sign on here, but I don't think she will :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Bella Sera or Natasha's?

In Response to Bella Sera or Natasha's?:
    My best friend is getting married next June, and she loves Essence of Australia. The two salons that sell this designer are Bella Sera in Danvers and Natasha's in Methuen. Can any of you ladies give a review on either of these? She doesn't know anyone who has shopped at these stores. I told her to sign on here, but I don't think she will :)
    Posted by Peonie

I don't know anything about those two salons, but I do know that Camilla's in Arlington sells Essence, so tell her that! They get really good reviews.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TammieMarie. Show TammieMarie's posts

I shopped at Bella Sera at their previous location.  They were beyond nice and helpful.  Their selection at the time was limited, but I know they have recently moved and most likely have a better selection.  After visiting about 10 salons for my 2007 wedding, I'd say this ranks up on the top of the list.  They were both delightful young women and very knowledgeable with beautiful taste.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

ooh if Arlington is not too far, I had a great experience at Camilla's.  The owner of the shop is really sweet and she is usually there during store hours.  THeir seamstress was quite reasonable, and they steamed my dress and veil for free as part of their services.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

I went to Natasha's this weekend and they were great.  They bring out dresses for you based on what you describe, and the sales woman was a seamstress who could give great insight on each gown and how it could be altered for you (it ws Monica I think?).  They also promise alterations will never be more than $200, which is nice to know.  Also, they accommodated my mother trying on MOB dresses when we finished, even though I hadn't mentioned that when I made the appointment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Thank you, Sept and Jasmine. I told her about Camillas, and she bought an Essence there this past weekend! I had no idea that place is right next door to NYAJoes in Arlington Center. I have eaten there a lot!

Jasmine, was your experience still good with them after you bought the dress?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

In Response to Re: Bella Sera or Natasha's?:
    Thank you, Sept and Jasmine. I told her about Camillas, and she bought an Essence there this past weekend! I had no idea that place is right next door to NYAJoes in Arlington Center. I have eaten there a lot! Jasmine, was your experience still good with them after you bought the dress?
    Posted by Peonie

Yeah, they remained super sweet and friendly when I went back to pick up my dress.  I also spent about 2 hours in their shop trying on every veil and shoe and accessory under the sun, and then didn't end up buying any of them there.  I never felt pressured about it at all, which I really appreciated.  They were just kind and patient.  

The seamstress was reasonable, I think.  I paid $140 for a somewhat complicated bustle (I think it had 5 or 7 points--can't remember anymore), a 3-layer hem, and the addition of bra cups.  They steamed my dress and veil too (even though I ended up buying the veil elsewhere).  I loved the shape of the bustle she came up with.  It was a combination English/French bustle (under-bustle of the underlayers, over-bustle of the over layers), and it worked really well with the lines of the dress.

The one thing I will say is that the seamstress isn't super pro-active at finding little tweaks to make.  She did the bustle, and I was there with a friend who thought the sides of the dress were still dragging a tiny bit too much.  Once we pointed it out, she was happy to find a solution, and thoughtful & smart about what could be done.  But if we hadn't noticed, it wouldn't have been fixed.  So, I would just say that she should bring a friend to at least one of her fittings, make sure everything is just perfect for her.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Perfect, thank you Jasmine! :)

Sections
Shortcuts