Bmaid dress - store with big selection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EJL1023. Show EJL1023's posts

Bmaid dress - store with big selection

I have decided to let my bridesmaids wear black, satin, floor-length dresses of their choosing.  I thought this would make everything easy, but we're having a little trouble because on of my bridesmaids is not comfortable in strapless dresses, which seems to be about 90% of what's out there.  Can anyone suggest a bridal shop that has a really big selection?  The place we went didn't have a very big selection so I am hoping someplace with a bigger selection will have more non-strapless options.  Anywhere north or west of Boston would be great.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: Bmaid dress - store with big selection

We went to Manhattan Bridals, but it is in Dedham so that probably isn't much help.  :)  However, I did learn that almost all strapless BM dresses come with easily removable spaghetti straps.  We have the same problem, one BM doesn't do strapless, but she was fine with adding the spaghetti straps.   Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I went to Pronuptia Bridal in Worcester when I was a bridesmaid once. We got to pick our own dresses and they had enough selection for me.

Have you tried Dessy/Alfred Sung dresses? My girls are wearing this dress with that comes with straps. http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/d421/

Personally, I don't love the look of a strapless dress with the removable spaghetti straps. I just think the straps always look out of place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I thought Cristina's Bridal shop in Andover had a really big selection.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Is she open to shopping online?  My MOH got a dress from Pacificplex (on Amazon) for about $70, and the material was of great quality, nice and weighty.

If you go to Amazon.com, search with "pacificplex long gown black," and you'll find quite a few long gown styles with reasonable prices that are not strapless.

Here's a halter I found in that search:  Halter style black satin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

Hah, my daughter just asked me if i would bring her to the ultimate for a prom dress!  The web site says to call for hours, do you happen to remember if they are open on Sundays?

Thanks!