Bridals by Valerie in Reading, MA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleSpig04. Show LittleSpig04's posts

If you haven't ordered your dress yet, go to BRIDALS BY VALERIE!!!!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. You will be treated like a princess. I have visited many stores and they were all the same. They were very pushy especially Yolanda's in Waltham. I have a horror story from that place. My dress there was over $2000. I bought my dress at Valerie's for $700. INSANE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Little Spig, we'd like the review after your dress comes in and the alterations are completed. Almost ALL bridal shops are just wonderful while you're in the buying process. It's after you've put your money down that the customer service stops.

I don't have anything against Valerie's but there are a scary number of brides who have reported big problems.....

Hope that doesn't happen to you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1402053. Show user_1402053's posts

Re: Bridals by Valerie in Reading, MA

[QUOTE]Ditto on stay away from Valeries. The worst vendor I had. You don't need the stress of waiting for your dress(es to come in. I got such a runaround for my BM dresses.
    Posted by Nancen[/QUOTE]
    Ditto, same thing happened to me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1402053. Show user_1402053's posts

[QUOTE]How can you reply to yourself and say the same thing happened to you?  I'm confused...
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Because it's a different person, agreeing with her.
    I had a horrible experience with them. I was the bride and didn't get my dress there, and BM's dresses came in very late, BBV wouldn't even talk to me, because I wasn't the customer. Too much stress, that you don't need.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mulizard17. Show mulizard17's posts

I also had a good expereince here getting my dress. i didn't use them for alterations so I can't comment on that, but my dress came in within a week of when they said it would. I would recommend them based on my expereience.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LtoRsoon. Show LtoRsoon's posts

I agree with everyone. I got my dress there and my bridesmaids got their dresses there. I was very happy with them, the even let one of my bridesmaids drop off her dress two days before and they had it steamed and ready to be picked up with my dress. (she lives in PA and the dress was shipped and got even more wrinkled when she travelled up to MA). I totally would tell any bride to go there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleSpig04. Show LittleSpig04's posts

Hi Cosmogirl,

I will update everyone once I get my dress. I went for the measurements in August and they said it will be in late January. My wedding is in June and so far they have been great. I have already paid for half my wedding dress and they are still amazing. They answer all of my questions and call back every time. They even opened the store for me on a Sunday when I thought they were open!!!!

I'm going to look for bridesmaid dresses in two weeks at both Valerie's and other places. I really want to buy my other dresses from Valerie as well so we are planning to hit other shops just to try on the designers Valerie can order but might not have in the store to try on. They are a smaller store so I got the list of designers and will go back to them for ordering :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I wouldn't worry too much LittleSpig. Seems like every shop has as many raves as horror stories. At the same time, though, it would be good to hear a review when the process is complete. Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Ditto, same thing happened to me
    Posted by Nancen[/QUOTE]

How can you reply to yourself and say the same thing happened to you?  I'm confused...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1402053. Show user_1402053's posts

Ditto on stay away from Valeries. The worst vendor I had. You don't need the stress of waiting for your dress(es to come in. I got such a runaround for my BM dresses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

I got my dress and all my bridesmaids dresses there....they were fine except when it came to calling people back. Everything they said, they did, alterations were great.