Bridesmaid dress recommendation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall08Bride. Show Fall08Bride's posts

Bridesmaid dress recommendation

Hi everyone.  I was recently asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding at the end of September.  She has basically left the selection of the dress to me - all she asks is that it is long and in a shade of pink.  I know I could hit up Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, etc., but I am wondering if anyone knows of a bridal shop or even high end consigment shop, where I might be able to find something.  The odds of my wearing a pink evening gown again are pretty slim, so I'd prefer to find something that isn't too expensive.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Re: Bridesmaid dress recommendation

There is a consignment shop in Wenham that deals with gowns and bridesmaid dresses.  It is called Over the Rainbow.  The website is www.overtherainbows.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

I know it gets mixed reviews, but David's Bridal has a sale section on their website with some nice dresses at $79.  They also have an outlet section with lower prices options, but I doubt you'd be able to find those at any store. 
    If you find a fairly simple long dress, you could have it shortened to wear some other time, if you are a pink-type person.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbsbride1109. Show nbsbride1109's posts

My bridesmaids all got their dresses from Anita at Bridal Reflections in Watertown. She basically runs a shop out of her house but she has a huge selection with several different designers. They all found a dress they like and she gave a discount on each dress. It was a little strange at first going to someone's house, but she is very nice, very easy to work with and really does have a good selection.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I'd definitely check craigslist.  Also ebay if you can find someone local so that you can examine the dress and try it on before you buy it! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Websites like Amazon and Overstock have some long dresses.  I was looking there to order for my BM.  Here are a few examples 

Target also has special occasion dresses online, but only short ones that I found.  Places like Ann Taylor have great sales down to 19.99 for their BM dresses.  I suggest shopping around if you have the time! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

My girls got theirs at Nordstrom...we had a great experience with them and I'd def. reccomend them. I saw a couple of cute ones that were pink and long and under $100 online.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

I am also looking for a long dress (but not in pink) for a formal event in August and saw several on the Nordstrom's web site.  Here is a link to the sale dresses they list as pink, they range from $56 to $207.  Good luck! 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/SR/0~2376788~6002242~6007533~6007554?mediumthumbnail=Y&mode=pfind&viewAll=1&tuid=00000418-006c-085e-6361-745f6d656469&CatID=6007554&color=Pink&Category=6007554&findertypereqd=N&searchorigin=ProductFinder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Cache sometimes has good finds, especially now that it's post-prom season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall08Bride. Show Fall08Bride's posts

Thanks everyone - really like the Nicole Miller at Nordstrom and am going to send it to the bride to get her seal of approval!