bridesmaid dress situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

I totally agree on the hose! I am the same size as Kar and I always wear a B. I cannot get As on!
    Also, I bought the cutest pair of textured black hose from the Gap a few weeks ago, I bought a small.
    I could not get the things over my ankles!! seriously.
    I went back and bought a Large. I have no problem with sizing, so long as it fits, but it shouldnt be that off! What about the lovely size 16s who would like to wear the cute textured hose?
    The Large is still a little too small too!! It takes me about 15 minutes to get them on. 15 minutes well worth it though - as they are just about the cutest things I have owned in a while.

Beauty is pain ladies

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

[Quote]That is a very pretty dress! I think she would be fine in it pregnant.

One thing though- have you thought about whether or not her chest is going to fit in it appropriatley? I have that problem without being pregnant, and it's only gotten even more out of control now that I am, lol.[/Quote]

LOL - I've gone from an "A" to a "C" cup.
    And because I'm having twins I look at least 6 months along at 20 weeks. When I'm really 6 months I'm going to look like 8 months I'm sure. Since the maid in question is doing fertility treatments she may end up with the same happy surprise. It's the reason I suggested she might want to just buy her regular size now and wait and see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Ohh. I guess that makes sense for the hip and thigh and butt issue! I was only thinking stomach and I was wondering how you would hide that or why you would bother trying! :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Hi Pink
    Yeah - they're not cheap - but like I said they last forever! They never seem to run or tear.
    the thing I love about the nude is that they've become my choice for the "I think I should wear nylons to this event, but I hate nude hose because they look old fashioned etc." So my very pasty legs are covered, and I dont feel underdressed. I know it's a problem you younger girls don't really suffer from. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I love that you added that last part. I hate looking pregnant, because I'm not! :-)

I'm buying Spanx fishnets and a little something to go under my wedding dress. I don't know why I thought fitted lace was a good idea...

[Quote]

I agree with you miss lily, I love looking pregnant (now that I am of course! lol) :-)[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

whoa, $28! But, if you say they're worh it, I'll buy nude and black after I get paid next week.

[Quote]Pink - I get all my Spanx at http://www.spanx.com/home/index.jsp

Missy - I love my maternity Spanx because they smooth out my ever expanding hips and thighs.
    I don't mind looking pregnant (having a belly) 'cause I'm excited about the babies, but I don't want to look like a fat shlump either.
    And like TXgirl said - they actually offer some "bump support."
    :)[/Quote]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

[Quote]I love that you added that last part. I hate looking pregnant, because I'm not! :-)

I'm buying Spanx fishnets and a little something to go under my wedding dress. I don't know why I thought fitted lace was a good idea...

[/Quote]

If you got curves, flaunt 'em, I always say :-) I can see why the lace can help mask anything you don't like since it's patterned....

I'm finally starting to really show, and I feel better now that I don't just look like a Keg-o-rator! That was the worst, lol.

I felt like when I walked in the gym the woman at the desk was looking at me like she couldn't figure out why I was getting bigger even though I was in there everyday :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Oh, Miss Lilly, don't you remember I was one of those carrying the pro-hose banner on the bare legs thread? Hose, tights and fishnets are staples in my wardrobe. I'm extremely pale too, my legs never even seemed to tan even when I used to sun-bathe, which I don't anymore.
    I love the look of hose, it's so classy and feminine. And I never gave up fishnets after my Hot Topic days, it's good to know I can get a quality pair from a store that doesn't have pictures of teenage vampires everywhere. ;)

[Quote]Hi Pink
    Yeah - they're not cheap - but like I said they last forever! They never seem to run or tear.
    the thing I love about the nude is that they've become my choice for the "I think I should wear nylons to this event, but I hate nude hose because they look old fashioned etc." So my very pasty legs are covered, and I dont feel underdressed. I know it's a problem you younger girls don't really suffer from. :)[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Re: bridesmaid dress situation

UPDATE:

So, my dresses came in and they are fabulous. Now, here is the new dilemma:

So, my BF did not get pregnant. I saw her at my shower and she is TINY. So, I was curious and I tried on her bridesmaid dress. It fit me perfectly and she is MUCH smaller than me. I was like GOD DAMN these are amazing. Love them. Soooooo, I digress, now my BF ordered a 6 hoping she would get preggers (yes, she ordered a size 6 thinking she would be 2-3 months pregnant..that should tell you how tiny she is..like a 0). 3 people ordered a size 6, 1 a size 4, 1 a size 10 and 1 a size 12 (which is a tent on her). So, my question is...should I ask the BM who ordered the size 4 if she would be interested in switching dresses? I'm bringing my girls their BM dresses at the bachelorette. It will ultimately be their decision to make, but I fear her alterations will be $$$$$$.

Thoughts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

I wouldnt, unless the two BMs in question are really good friends and/or the BM's size 4 is too small.

Otherwise, you are asking someone else to pay more money for alterations and asking her to take a dress that is too big, so your other friend doesnt have to.
    Now, I know it is too bad she isnt pregnant, but she ultimately chose to buy the bigger dress, banking on something that hadnt happened.

I am sounding harsh, but I really dont mean to be! I am just seeing it from the other girls side!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I agree.  If I was the other BM (the size 4), I would feel pressured to give up my dress even though I had ordered my own size!  If I were you, I'd probably stay out of it and let them figure out.  If they decide to switch on their own, that's great!  Otherwise, your friend will just have to get hers alterered.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Dresses that are down in what the trade (not me) calls vanity sizing - where the sizes that for years were 6-8- and 10 have become 2-4-6-8  have very little jump in measurements between sizes.  A 12 to a 14 may be a 2 inch bust and 2 1/2 inch hip difference, with just one size, but a 2 to a 6 may be 2 1/4 to 3 inches  in two sizes.  There should not be a huge amount to take in, unless she is under a standard zero, or wants a dress that was designed to have 2 inches ease* to float free of the body and allow undergarments, and have it fit like a skin .

*ease - most non stretch garments, the actual measurement of the dress at any point is bigger than the body by 1 1/2  to 3 inches. more as size increases, or with things designed to fit loosely.  You should be able to twist and turn without tugging on seams or creating any wrinkles.  This is figured in to the way it drapes, so if you start altering smaller or closer to the body than that,  you then have to do a mess of other adjustments to make it look right.  Those are $$$ alterations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

We are all very close. I actually spoke to the BM who ordered the size 4. She said she would be okay with switching because we agree the other BM will have to pay a fortune in alterations. I told her that it's totally her decision. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Is there by any chance time to return the size 6 and get the right size, so no one has to pay for alterations?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

In Response to Re: bridesmaid dress situation:
    Is there by any chance time to return the size 6 and get the right size, so no one has to pay for alterations?
    Posted by lucy7368

No. They were made using their measurements. 

Sections
Shortcuts