bridesmaid dress situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]It's a nice idea, but if you go with that, how about choosing different styles for all the girls - same color/dress manufacturer. If you single her out and she doesn't become pregnant, how terrible for her to have the reminder...and how even more awful for her to have to explain to innocent inquirers.[/Quote]

Wouldn't people just think it was because she's MOH? Or, at least, couldn't she say that?

I am with Missy, though - it would help to see the dress.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]That's a very beautiful dress. Is that the color you are going with?

In my opinion, I don't know if that style would look good on someone who "could be" 6 months pregnant at the time. Might be uncomfortable, too.[/Quote]

I agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]Oh, she's the MOH - sorry I missed that. Yes, of course, that could be the reason for the different style dress.[/Quote]

Not the MOH.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

lol, I think we all made up that she's the MOH. IMO, different dresses on BMs look nice--it highlights their individuality and they'll feel much more confident and in the merry-making mood when they're in dresses that complement their body types.

You could do same designer, but different styles of dresses. If the color and fabric are the same, it'd look very nice. What're your colors?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Sorry, didn't see your post before I posted...stupid BDC...since you don't want to change the dresses for everyone, if your friend is happy with that dress, then ordering a size bigger and altering it sounds like the way to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The dress is GORGEOUS. However, I cannot see it working on anyone who's pregnant and showing at all. :(

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Oct. I looked at the link you posted and in my opinion, that dress will only look flattering on a very thin bridesmaid.

If you think she will be preggo, I would strongly advise letting the girls each choose different dresses since she is not the moh. I know you may like that style, but, the girls are the ones buying the dress and wearing the dress. It is a hefty price to pay for a dress they will only wear once. I would want them to be comfortable in it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]It's a nice idea, but if you go with that, how about choosing different styles for all the girls - same color/dress manufacturer. If you single her out and she doesn't become pregnant, how terrible for her to have the reminder...and how even more awful for her to have to explain to innocent inquirers.[/Quote]

I am definitely not changing the dress for everyone. We've decided to wait until May 1 and it's her choice whether she either gets a different style, waits to order from a different dye lot, or orders a couple sizes bigger.

I don't know how to post pictures on here, but it's Watters style 3733. http://watters.com/dress_popup.php?showid=889&id=0

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

kar, I don't think she's the MOH.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Missy, I was thinking the opposite--I'm small (5' and about 100 lbs) and there's no way I could rock that dress; definitely don't have the chest for it! I think it'd look good on a curvy girl, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That's a very beautiful dress. Is that the color you are going with?

In my opinion, I don't know if that style would look good on someone who "could be" 6 months pregnant at the time. Might be uncomfortable, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]The dress is GORGEOUS. However, I cannot see it working on anyone who's pregnant and showing at all. :([/Quote]

Well, it's her call. She can either go with that dress or go with a different style. The other style is a two piece so probably more comfortable and easier to get altered for someone who is pregnant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]lol, I think we all made up that she's the MOH. IMO, different dresses on BMs look nice--it highlights their individuality and they'll feel much more confident and in the merry-making mood when they're in dresses that complement their body types.

You could do same designer, but different styles of dresses. If the color and fabric are the same, it'd look very nice. What're your colors?[/Quote]

I started searching for a bridesmaid dress months ago. I even looked everywhere for this style dress for the best price. I am not choosing different styles for different bridesmaids. I ordered the dresses and put a deposit down for all the girls to offset the cost of the dress. Everyone responded and said the love it. She responded with her concerns which I totally understand. All I can do now is wait and see what happens.

My bridesmaid dress color is chocolate brown.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[Quote]

Well, it's her call. She can either go with that dress or go with a different style. The other style is a two piece so probably more comfortable and easier to get altered for someone who is pregnant.[/Quote]

That might be a better choice for her. Just imagine not being pregnant, but putting on some weight and having to wear that dress. It seems to show everything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Oct, that is a tough situation! I know there have already been tons of posts, but I agree with those posters who have recommended for the BM to get the same dress in couple sizes larger... it looks like one that could be taken in to fit her perfectly, baby bump or not. If she likes the dress to begin with, then that might be the best option.

(p.s. it's gorgeous! Are all of your BMs tall?)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That's my worst nightmare. I don't want to have to suck it in on my wedding day. I just want it to stay in!! Ha, ha.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I haven't tried them, but I read that Jennifer Aniston requested the company make sheath dresses for her out of their material because she finds it so incredibly comfortable.

[Quote]

I've never tried them. Are they good?[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, Spanx rock. I'm a size 2/4, and they make me nice and smooth under anything, jeans to gowns. I don't need to look smaller, but they are smoothing and shaping, and after I eat I don't have to suck in to look the same as pre-dessert.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I had to wear an ivory, heavy satin bridesmaid dress once. I was fine, but I was certainly sucking it in all day that day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I think it's a beautiful gown and that style of ruching does wonders in creating an hourglass shape on almost any body type. I'd love to wear it!
    But I'm not sure it would look right on someone who was pregnant and showing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

October,
    This dress is beautiful! As someone who design and sew some of my own dresses - I honestly do not think you have to worry. Order your BF's dress a couple of sizes larger - and have it taken in to fit her - pregnant or not - when the time comes. The rouching can be taken in or out to fit her baby tummy - if she has one. In fact I think it is and ideal dress to deal with. And the dark color will hide lots. Good choice. Best of luck to you both.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

[Quote]

It doesn't trust me. I've put on 20+lbs and it hides all my problem areas because of the ruching. And, God created Spanx for a reason. Last year I had to wear a BM dress that was fitted and satin and that dress showed everything.[/Quote]

I dont really think your pregnant bm will be wearing spanx

why are you so opposed to letting them each where a dress in the same color that fits their body shapes? Why dont you want them to be comfortable? Youre not wearing it, they are. Imagine being pregnant in an incomfortable dress for that amount of time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[Quote]Let's hear a big chear for Spanx, ladies!!![/Quote]

I've never tried them. Are they good?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]

That might be a better choice for her. Just imagine not being pregnant, but putting on some weight and having to wear that dress. It seems to show everything.[/Quote]

It doesn't trust me. I've put on 20+lbs and it hides all my problem areas because of the ruching. And, God created Spanx for a reason. Last year I had to wear a BM dress that was fitted and satin and that dress showed everything.