bridesmaid dress situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Let's hear a big chear for Spanx, ladies!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]
    What are you going to do if she ends up getting pregnant, and doesn't want to wear it?[/Quote]

that is why it is her decision come May 1 which dress she wants to order. She has a few options and I'm willing to even consider buying the other style just in case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]

I had to wear an ivory, heavy satin bridesmaid dress once. I was fine, but I was certainly sucking it in all day that day.

[/Quote]

yeah. I'm sure that is what I am going to be doing in my own wedding dress if I don't start busting my butt at the gym,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Thanks Missy. Sorry if my post was misleading I didn't think my possibly pregnant bridesmaid would wear spanx with the dress. And, just so you know everyone of my bridesmaids is a size 6 or smaller. And, they all love the dress. I was in every single one of their weddings and loved the dress that we wore. And, even if I didn't, I would have smiled and wore it anyway.

I have never once said I am forcing her to wear the dress. It is ultimately her decision what dress she chooses to get so that she will be comfortable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha! Kar - they didn't rock much for me. After carefully measuring myself - I sent for one.
    It came and I tried to try it on. Oh my God - I couldn't press myself into the darn thing. Had to ask hubby to help me out of it. We were both laughing so hard that our tears were rolling down our cheeks. And I am quite a normal size - not a 2/4 as you, but more like a 12/14. What's the secret? - Pingo

[Quote]Yeah, Spanx rock. I'm a size 2/4, and they make me nice and smooth under anything, jeans to gowns. I don't need to look smaller, but they are smoothing and shaping, and after I eat I don't have to suck in to look the same as pre-dessert.[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]Oct, that is a tough situation! I know there have already been tons of posts, but I agree with those posters who have recommended for the BM to get the same dress in couple sizes larger... it looks like one that could be taken in to fit her perfectly, baby bump or not. If she likes the dress to begin with, then that might be the best option.

(p.s. it's gorgeous! Are all of your BMs tall?)[/Quote]

One is 5'5, the rest are my height so about 5'7 and one is 5'9

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Oct, I think that dress is gorgeous! I thought I would end up with a rouched dress for that same reason... hiding problem areas! The best part is that it looks like it would show anything!
    My dress may not have that feature, but my new bathing suit definately does & boy does it work miracles :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

[Quote]Pink - I get all my Spanx at http://www.spanx.com/home/index.jsp

Missy - I love my maternity Spanx because they smooth out my ever expanding hips and thighs.
    I don't mind looking pregnant (having a belly) 'cause I'm excited about the babies, but I don't want to look like a fat shlump either.
    And like TXgirl said - they actually offer some "bump support."
    :)[/Quote]

I agree with you miss lily, I love looking pregnant (now that I am of course! lol) :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Okay, now here is my question regarding the spanx. I really didnt know they made maternity spank, but now I am wondering, why would a pregnant woman wear them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, pingo - too funny! Sorry you didn't have the same awesome experience as I did. However, I forgot to mention that I generally order one size "too big" for ALL pantihose, not just Spanx (that's why I forgot to mention it 'cause it wasn't Spanx-specific for me). The charts are off as far as I can tell. I'm obviously an "A" given my height and weight, but I've worn a B hose since high school. I can't remember if Spanx uses the lettering system or not, but I'm sure I ordered a size bigger than I should have according to their charts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[Quote]I do the same thing, Kar! I'm a size 2, 5'5" and I always get B hose. They just fit better.

[/Quote]

I am so glad I'm not the only one!!! I am only 5'1" and it's tough fitting into those A hose!! I was just saying to my fiance the other day that I don't know who on earth they design them for. I mean, I could be a skinnier, but still I am 5'1"!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd wear them pregnant for the same reason I wear them now - to smooth out hip buldges, make clothes flow over me without any seams or whatever showing. I don't think they are meant to hide the baby bump...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

That is a very pretty dress! I think she would be fine in it pregnant.

One thing though- have you thought about whether or not her chest is going to fit in it appropriatley? I have that problem without being pregnant, and it's only gotten even more out of control now that I am, lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]I do the same thing, Kar! I'm a size 2, 5'5" and I always get B hose. They just fit better.

[/Quote]

Thanks, pink, I thought it was just me. I've seen your lovely photo in the flowers thread - anyone would think you were an A if they didn't know the problem with the hosiery size chart. How can it be so wrong? I would have to tug and tug at As to keep them up...they just don't have enough material to stay on, even.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]That was my first thought too! Forget about her belly, what about her boobs?

[/Quote]

She said in her email that she hopes if she's pregnant that it would help her fill out the dress a little more. I have full C's and thought the dress looked great on me. No cleavage. I asked the sales people about that and you can really alter the top to make you feel comfortable so that nothing is hanging out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I was hoping one of you lovely mommy-to-bes would chime in on the spanx topic :)

[Quote]That dress is beautiful! And guess what? They do make Spanx for pregnant ladies. I just bought two pair and I love them. (Mama Spanx available on-line or at Motherhood Maternity).
    Good luck to your friend. I'm sure if she gets pregnant you can work something out. In the long run a dress is much less important than a baby. Maybe she should order the regular dress now and if she gets pregnant she can just order another one. An added expense of course, but not a huge deal in the long run.
    That's what I would have done when I was trying. I always planned things assuming my treatments wouldn't work - I figured I'd adjust when and if they finally did. I felt less disapointment that way. :)
    Again - good luck to everyone.[/Quote]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

ugh, I had a similar experience with control top fishnets! it was like a reglar pair of nylons on top, but then fishnets for legs.
    I was like "Great, fishnets thast won't leave a funny pattern on my rear end!"
    Yeah, try fishnets that squeezed the life out of me, but said on the package they were my size.

[Quote]I totally agree on the hose! I am the same size as Kar and I always wear a B. I cannot get As on!
    Also, I bought the cutest pair of textured black hose from the Gap a few weeks ago, I bought a small.
    I could not get the things over my ankles!! seriously.
    I went back and bought a Large. I have no problem with sizing, so long as it fits, but it shouldnt be that off! What about the lovely size 16s who would like to wear the cute textured hose?
    The Large is still a little too small too!! It takes me about 15 minutes to get them on. 15 minutes well worth it though - as they are just about the cutest things I have owned in a while.

Beauty is pain ladies[/Quote]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I do the same thing, Kar! I'm a size 2, 5'5" and I always get B hose. They just fit better.

[Quote]Hey, pingo - too funny! Sorry you didn't have the same awesome experience as I did. However, I forgot to mention that I generally order one size "too big" for ALL pantihose, not just Spanx (that's why I forgot to mention it 'cause it wasn't Spanx-specific for me). The charts are off as far as I can tell. I'm obviously an "A" given my height and weight, but I've worn a B hose since high school. I can't remember if Spanx uses the lettering system or not, but I'm sure I ordered a size bigger than I should have according to their charts.[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I think they assume that anyone in the A size has no @$$ whatsoever.
    I think they should go by the size of your hips, not how much you weigh.

[Quote]

Thanks, pink, I thought it was just me. I've seen your lovely photo in the flowers thread - anyone would think you were an A if they didn't know the problem with the hosiery size chart. How can it be so wrong? I would have to tug and tug at As to keep them up...they just don't have enough material to stay on, even.[/Quote]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OMG! Where'd you find them? I need to go buy a pair right now!

[Quote]
    Pink - get the Spanx fishnets (better buy a size "B"). They last forever and have a regular top - no butt grid! I LOVE mine. I have both the black and the nude - which are sexy without being too overt. :)[/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Pink - I get all my Spanx at http://www.spanx.com/home/index.jsp

Missy - I love my maternity Spanx because they smooth out my ever expanding hips and thighs.
    I don't mind looking pregnant (having a belly) 'cause I'm excited about the babies, but I don't want to look like a fat shlump either.
    And like TXgirl said - they actually offer some "bump support."
    :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

That was my first thought too! Forget about her belly, what about her boobs?

[Quote]That is a very pretty dress! I think she would be fine in it pregnant.

One thing though- have you thought about whether or not her chest is going to fit in it appropriatley? I have that problem without being pregnant, and it's only gotten even more out of control now that I am, lol.[/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

[Quote]ugh, I had a similar experience with control top fishnets! it was like a reglar pair of nylons on top, but then fishnets for legs.
    I was like "Great, fishnets thast won't leave a funny pattern on my rear end!"
    Yeah, try fishnets that squeezed the life out of me, but said on the package they were my size.

[/Quote]
    Pink - get the Spanx fishnets (better buy a size "B"). They last forever and have a regular top - no butt grid! I LOVE mine. I have both the black and the nude - which are sexy without being too overt. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

That dress is beautiful! And guess what? They do make Spanx for pregnant ladies. I just bought two pair and I love them. (Mama Spanx available on-line or at Motherhood Maternity).
    Good luck to your friend. I'm sure if she gets pregnant you can work something out. In the long run a dress is much less important than a baby. Maybe she should order the regular dress now and if she gets pregnant she can just order another one. An added expense of course, but not a huge deal in the long run.
    That's what I would have done when I was trying. I always planned things assuming my treatments wouldn't work - I figured I'd adjust when and if they finally did. I felt less disapointment that way. :)
    Again - good luck to everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

[Quote]Okay, now here is my question regarding the spanx. I really didnt know they made maternity spank, but now I am wondering, why would a pregnant woman wear them?[/Quote]

I would think that I'd want them to wear under dresses and things like that so that my legs and butt still look good...Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I don't want to look hot! lol

Some people like the feeling of their belly being "held in" too...Personally, I feel better wearing my Bella Band, because I feel like it helps with my posture...it probably doesn't, but my back feels good!