Bustle Ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Bustle Ideas?

My dress is similar--a floaty translucent fabric overlaying a big heavy skirt. My seamstress proposed doing an underbustle with all the layers except for the very top layer, and then doing an overbustle with very top floaty layer. This also maintains the lines of the lace on the dress in a way that is a little hard to explain in words. It basically gives the look of an overbustle without all the bulk and weight hanging off of the delicate lace/organza fabric.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bustle Ideas?

wendy98, I really like those pictures, and I got a lot of good ideas.

I think I'm worried that the tulle will catch and rip. I'm guessing the person who fixes it will know what they're doing. HA! Nevermind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bustle Ideas?

I like that bustle, too, but I think my dress is too heavy for it, as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Fra - I like taht one, I think that is what I'll end up doing as wel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Mine was similar. This is how mine ended up in the bustle :

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Thanks, circles. My work is blocking it though :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bustle Ideas?

My wedding gown has tulle overlay and has a heavy and long train. Does anyone have any good ideas on how that would be bustled up? My wedding is not until October of this year, but I am going to get it altered in late July or early August (my first fitting). I would like to go in with some ideas. I'm sure the seamstress will have plenty of ideas for me, though.

What do you all think?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bustle Ideas?

That's another thing. Not only does my dress have tulle overlay and is very heavy and delicate, it has a longer train.

jasmine09, can you post your picture again? It didn't show up on your post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Did not mean for the photo to be so huge!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Circles, you need to put a link to the photo that is on a public photo sharing site, like flickr, or photobucket.

Goodness here is a link to a bunch of different bustles that may help you out, I had bookmarked it ages ago from someone else that posted it here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Cool, I just didn't want to see you get your heart set on one you find here and then be disappointed. I'm sure she will be able to do a substantial one no matter what. I think "heavy looking" is something that will be very helpful for her to hear that you want.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Hey circles-- I saw the link! Looks beautiful. That style of bustle is perfect for a ball gown cut dress :).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bustle Ideas?

As much as you'd like to tell your seamstress exactly what you want, with a train as you describe, be sure to go with what your seamstress suggests. She will be the only one qualified to make a good design decision given the constraints of your dress.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Bustle Ideas?

I was going to post the same website as Wendy! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saves all kinds of info from the boards :o) I'm going to try for this one, on the left. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Yes, you are right, kargiver. I'll tell her what I'm thinking of having, but I will end up going with whatever she suggests.

I like the look of a really heavy looking bustle in the back, but if my dress isn't made for that, then I will have to just make due.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bustle Ideas?

That's gorgeous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Here's a picture of my bustle, in case it helps.

As a disclaimer, I didn't buy the veil in the picture ;-).

Even though the fabric is very delicate, I was able to get the look of an over-bustle without all the weight, as I described above. I have just a sweep train, so with a larger train the bustle may be pinned closer to the waist as in framerican's picture.

15qyqdc.jpg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Bustle Ideas?

[Quote]Fra - I like taht one, I think that is what I'll end up doing as wel[/Quote]

I have a feeling my dress/train might be too heavy, but I hope not! It seems like a pretty bustle for a train with beading.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Bustle Ideas?

I've given up on posting the picture directly, so here is the link:
    http://i41.tinypic.com/23mo5fm.jpg

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Any luck being able to see my link?
    I just want to make sure that it works. It goes to Photobucket.
    Thanks ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Bustle Ideas?

Fixed my post from earlier. ;)