Can anyone suggest a good bridal shop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: Can anyone suggest a good bridal shop?

I know people don't have good things to say about Davids Bridal for dresses, but what about veils?? Anyone get their veil at DB?
    Posted by lizinboston

My MOH and I went to David's Bridal to get her dress, so I looked around at veils while we were there.  They were SO expensive!  I didn't see any under $100.  I actually ordered mine off eBay for $15 and it's perfect. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Geez, I would have thought you could get inexpensive veils at Davids...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I don't know if Marry & Tux carries Jasmine, but I know that Gianna's in Stoneham does. I got Jasmine BM dresses there for my wedding.  I would imagine that they carry Jasmine bridal dresses too. You could call and ask.  Also, I think the Jasmine website has a store locator and can tell you who in the area does carry them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

I have read so many horror stories about bridal shops in MA, and I really don't want to stress at all! Does anyone have any good stories from start to finish with their bridal shop? The designers I like are Maggie Sottero, Alfred Angelo and Jasmine. The stores that carry those are Yolandas, Camillas, and La Sposa, but I have heard bad things about all three. Any suggestions? Thanks! Liz
    Posted by lizinboston

Try La Sposa for yourself and do not rule them out based on what you have heard.   I bought a bride's maids dress at La Sposa and had a very positive experience.  They were helpful, easy to work with and reasonably priced.  One of the other bride's maids became pregnant with twins and had to change the dress that she ordered to a much larger size and have it altered significantly and La Sposa handled this with no problems and charged a fraction of what we all thought this was going to cost.  I know everyone has different experiences but often I think people vent on line about the bad things that happen with vendors more than they praise the vendors who they are pleased with.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from klm44. Show klm44's posts

I nearly bought my dress at La Sposa and had a great experience there, as well.  They women were great to work with and very sweet.  I got a call last week that my dress is in but I am waiting to start alterations.  I have been going through that "did I buy the right dress" stage over the last few months so I just stopped reading bride magazines and "Say Yes To The Dress" all together :)  Have fun shopping, Liz!  :)  It's so much fun!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I will probably try La Spose because I live in Nonantum and it is literally a 2 second walk from my house. And you're right in that you can't really take negative reviews seriously. If I don't have a good feeling, I just won't purchase from there!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

I got my dress at Modern Bride in Bedford, NH about an hour from Boston.  They have a bunch of Maggie's. It's a very low pressure sales environment. Their prices are great too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

I went to Bride N Belle in Medford.. I agree with the poster before.. very messy shop , but really enjoyed the sales women that work there.. They gave me a good price and were very attentive

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

Hi there... I got my dress at Precious Moments in Malden... Long story short.. I have been carrying a pic around all summer.. it's a Christina Wu.. my motivation to lose a few!!! I ended up driving by this place and decided to stop on a whim... The prople there are soo friendly.. I worked with Donna.... we talked about what I liked, and what she thought would look good on me.. I'm really short... I told her about the Christina Wu dress, and knew I wouldn't be able to find it.. since it's from 2006.. no worries... she pulled out the computer, and I found the dress, and guess what they had it there in stock... so meant to be... it was the 1st dress that I tried on.. and glowed!!!! that was my dress... we did however try on other's such as the one's you mentioned just to make sure, and I did end up going with my 1st choice.... the staff is so helpful and friendly.. it's like bringing a old girlfriend with you.... they really know what they are doing!!!

Keep us posted I hope this helps!!

Staci

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

I just got my dress and Madeleine's Daughter in Portsmouth, based on recommendations here.  I love my dress (a Pronovias) and had a great experience there.  I went to Precious Memories and worked with Donna, too.  Although I ultimately didn't get my dress there, Donna was so nice, I felt bad that I decided to go elsewhere.  I do not fit into the size 10 samples, either, and both places had a good assortment of bigger sample sizes. 

I obviously can't comment on the start-to-finish experience yet but one thing I really liked about MD is that you get your own "salon" room and they bring dresses in for you.  At PM, it was a shared room and during my appointment, another girl was there and brought her father, so there was a man in the main room with the mirrors.  It was pretty uncomfortable to come out with the back of a dress hanging out and a man staring!  And, though I'm glad I went to bridal shops where you can pick your own dresses from the entire inventory, I found that a bit daunting so it was nice to have someone who knows what she's doing pick the dresses for you.

I'm so excited about my dress!!!  (By the way, I found a dress that I thought could be "the one" at each of the three places I went but was only ready to pull the trigger once, which made me know which one was THE dress.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

I've had a pretty good experience with Abbey Bridal in Andover MA. I'm not sure what lines they carry...my dress is MonCheri Bridal. But I have seen girls in there trying on what look to be very high end dresses...They are helpful and ask you what you are looking for, then bring you dresses to try on. It's a small shop and never crowded. They also did my alterations (though hugely expensive..eek) and we had a scare about the dress not coming out right (not their fault), but they were sure they could make it right and they did! I just went there today to try it on one last time for my own reassurance, and they were totally fine with that.

Sections
Shortcuts