Can it be??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Can it be??

I didn't have work today, and had lunch at NYA Joe's with a friend. Well after we said our goodbyes, I happened to notice that Camilla's was right next door and decided to take a look, just to see what the place was like. No one was in there, except a really nice woman who greeted me and asked me the normal questions, and then asked me if I wanted to try any gowns on because they were really slow. I hesitated for a moment, because this was my first time trying on dresses, and no one was there with me, like my mom or my BM's. Anyway long story short, I got to try on 5, and fell in *love* with the 3rd one, to the point where I put it back on and kept saying "I don't want to take this off" for about 30 minutes. That's how slow there were today.

Anyway, this is so early, and I feel like I need to shop around more. I am bringing my mom is tomorrow for a "real" appointment to show her the dress and try on a few more, but did any of you just "know" after the first time out?! I feel amazed.

P.S. this is the dress

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=rachelle&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=R1047LU

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Can it be??

I did. I bought the first dress I tried on the first time I even went dress shopping. I had no plans or even the slightest thought I'd get a dress that day. Call it luck or fate.

that dress is drop dead gorgeous, Peonie!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Thanks Pinkie! When I saw it on me, I started to get all hot and like sweaty, it was a weird feeling. I can't stop staring at it on her website.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I know what you mean- it's like a panicky- "OMG I think this is my dress!!" feeling! :) like you can hardly believe it's true so it freaks you out!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Peonie, that's a gorgeous dress, and if you didn't want to take it off that's a reallllly good sign it's the one.  Don't be afraid of finding it early - rejoice!

I also found my dress on the first trip.  It was the second one I tried on, and I had no regrets the whole time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I bought the first dress I tried on. I tried on 4 or 5 more, but yeah, I was done wedding dress shopping in under an hour.  lol.  Sometimes you just get lucky.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I wanted to find my dress on my first time out, and happily I fell in love with a Maggie Sottero. 

Your dress is amazing, and if you love it, go for it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Peonie, I love that dress.  If it is within budget, go for it.
    At around $1400 base price, Rachelle  has many signature MS touches - the corset closure, asymmetrical design and drape, close fitting body and great details, etc.

If it is a little too pricey, there are others in the MS line (and some Sophia Tolli, the old MS head designer)  which have different fabrics,  very similar style features.   Here are a few of them.  Some are 400 or more less, others close in price,  but a Satin instead of Taffeta,  Crystals instead of lace, pleats rather than soft folds.
      Also a few wild cards similar to terms I put in - Melissa Brooch  a 1,000 to 1100 gown also turned up Melissa Brooch Royale that I think is 1700 (OOPS) 

Nothing wrong with finding THE DRESS first time out!

But sometimes checking out a different fabric tells you, that is better,  and other times confirms,  the taffeta I chose to begin with was best.

Unfortunately, many Shops never show you anything more than 200 less than a gown you have expressed interest in - unless you ask for a few by NAME!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/collection.aspx?keywordText=Janelle+Geena+Harriet+Taylin+Paige&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15

http://www.maggiesottero.com/collection.aspx?keywordText=Laila+Ericka+Vivien+Melissa&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15

http://www.maggiesottero.com/collection.aspx?keywordText=Melody+AD3300+Lillian+Madison&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15

Have a ball, Wag

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Count your blessings if you found the dress and it is in your price range.  Originally I thought it would be very fun to try on all of the wedding dresses I could and I quickly realized it was not fun at all for me.  In total I tried on 5-7 dresses with my dress being #4 I tried on the 1-2 afterwards because I felt I had to.  I had only tried on four dresses but ever dress was being compared to #4 and I didn't want to take it off.  And there was one more dress I loved in pictures and had an appointment in a few days to see it, I canceled that appointment because I really could not imagine it topping the one.

Dress shopping doesn't have to be an ordeal and you don't have to try on a ton of dresses.  Some ladies do some don't so go with your instincts they are the best.  Why would you want to keep looking only to find that you keep comparing every dress to the one?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Peonie, that's fantastic!!!  I love Camilla's and that is where I bought my dress too!  I actually did have to do a TON of dress shopping.  I had no idea what I wanted and didn't get that feeling until, well, finally I did! And it sounds like yours.  I basically looked at myself in the mirror and was like "this is perfect!  this dress has everything I want, I don't want to take it off!". 

Since it was your first time out, I'd definitely go back and maybe try on a few more just to be sure.  But I think you'll know if you keep wanting to go back to that dress.  Camilla's prices are very competitive and the price for Maggie's is pretty much set by the manufacturer, so if anytihng it only varies like $20 by store.  The women at Camilla's are so sweet, I was really happy to buy from them!  I also feel like they had some of the nicest dresses, who ever chooses them has really good taste!   They have a seamstress who works with them (Violette I think).  The alterations prices they quoted me though seemed a little high, so I might shop around.  But I have heard she does really good work!

Congrats!!

PS.  Wait, when do you go to Kleinfelds?  Do you think you might buy this one now or wait until after your trip? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Peonie,
    Gorgeous dress!
    Seems to me, it was just meant to be - that you had to have lunch next door and somehow you were guided to the bridal shop.
    If you felt like a princess or one of the Hollywood stars at the Oscar night (even though, your dress is a lot prettier), I would say - stop looking. You will only confuse yourself. If it is in your price range, go for it.
    Nothing wrong with finding THE dress on your first "looking".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Cancelled my appt. at Kleinfelds, and today I went with my mom and fell in LOVE with the Maggie Sottero Harriet, even more than the Rachelle. I am going to keep trying them on, but I would love to have one purchaed by August.

The Harriet made my mom cry, though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Enjoy!  You'll have it long before Aug, I predict. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Oh yes Kar, I am getting a little ahead of myself!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The closer you get to the wedding the more satisfying it will be to have things in the bag, already.  Things hanging over you on your to do list become quite stressful after awhile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

I saw your post on FB & had a feeling you'd share the dress here - beautiful!!!  :)

I tried on 3 dresses.  The 2 I went in for & then one that I tried on a whim, that was totally different.  That was it! It helped that the one I tried needed NO alteration (just a bustle).  It was higher than I wanted to go, but there was no other that would do.  I went home & found it on Ebay for cheap!  Since the wedding was postponed, I had it for over 16 months before I wore it (in public).  Nothin wrong with it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Response to Re: Can it be??:
    Cancelled my appt. at Kleinfelds, and today I went with my mom and fell in LOVE with the Maggie Sottero Harriet, even more than the Rachelle. I am going to keep trying them on, but I would love to have one purchaed by August. The Harriet made my mom cry, though.
    Posted by Peonie

Harriet is an all time favorite of mine.  Very like your Rachelle,  but the sweetheart not scoop detail in front,  the incredible soft material  (and the absence of a cluster of gathers right on the rump)  so gorgeous.

A petite friend from school, looks kind of like Annie Potts in her Designing Women  role,  is waiting for it to come in for her May wedding.   She said her Dad and Grandfather  cried when she tried it on, when she had gone in looking for a sheath.  The sales consultant nailed it.

So happy it was easy, and knowing Mom has seen it, she will be anticipating it for months and months, one of the best things about weddings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Both dresses are beautiful, Peonie!

I just read your update and have to say...though I am supremely disappointed that you won't be on Say Yes to the Dress (and won't be able to report back fully on all the gals at Kleinfeld's)...I think that dresses are really beautiful and I hope you and your mom are having a lot of fun!  Good Luck!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

I bought the second dress I tried on.  I kept my other appointments because my mom was in town just to go dress shopping with me, but I went back to David's on Sunday and bought the dress I had fallen in love with.

I'm so under budget on all my attire it's not even funny.  So far I've bought the dress, the sash, the garment bag, the petticoat, and I just got my shoes, and I haven't even spent $400 yet!  LOL!  I love it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

That's awesome, Rap! What a deal :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awesome, Rap!  See, you got the horrible nightmare over early with the ring fiasco.  Now, you're bound to have smooth sailing all the way.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

I bought the pretty much the first dress I picked up.  I thought it would be a preliminary shopping trip just to look, because I never thought I'd buy on my first try.  But I loved my dress immediately (I think I knew it was it the minute I saw it on the rack...).  I did try on a bunch of others that day, but I as soon as I put my dress on, I knew it was it.

And I bought mine really early, in the grand scheme of planning -- a rather short engagement, but I bought my dress before I picked anything else, including a venue!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Peonie,
    I think it's great that you will have it early.  Both dresses are beautiful.  I found a great find at David's Bridal Saturday and brought it home. It's in my closet and I've looked at it a couple of times already.  :)  It's not a wedding dress per say, more like a special occasion dress.  But it's perfect for me and our wedding.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

My daughter is getting married next month and she also got the Maggie Sottero - Harriet dress at Camilla's.  The dress is gorgeous and made me cry too. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Italian, that is so cool, that means your daughter and I tried on the same exact dress at Camilla's! I would love to see pictures after her wedding :)