Cleaning and Preserving Wedding Gown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

Cleaning and Preserving Wedding Gown

I would love to have my daughter's wedding gown cleaned and preserved for her.  Do any of you know where in Medford/Malden area I can have it both cleaned and preserved?  Also, if you can give me figure on what costs would be, I would appreciate it.  I have been told it could be $200.00 - $300.00.  If any of you had it done, what was the cost?   Thanks for all your help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Cleaning and Preserving Wedding Gown

I used this company:
    it was $149, and they did a good job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I have never been able to find out what the so-called "preserving" includes.

They tell you it's "preserved" as long as the box remains sealed.

I think they just clean it and put it in an acid-free box with acid-free tissue.

I would be interested to find out if anyone has asked a cleaner about this and been told the truth, whatever it might be. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

cosmo is mostly right.  They put it in a acid-free box with acid-free tissue.  they also inspect it extra-carefully for "invisible" sugar stains that yellow over time, though maybe a good dry cleaner does this too--i don't know.
    ...i preserved mine b/c my little sister said she may like to wear it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stacyg. Show Stacyg's posts

jasmine09:

Hi.  Do you know if the place that preserved your dress cleans it first?  Just wondering b/c I'd like to have that done to my dress, but noticed a few stains on it from the wedding.

Thanks.  Stacy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Yes they clean it. They send you a kit with stickers to mark stains, and they also inspect it carefully to identify and remove any other stains.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stacyg. Show Stacyg's posts

Thanks Jasmine09.  Def. thinking about looking into this for my gown.