Corset for bridesmaid dress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

Corset for bridesmaid dress

I am going to be wearing a form fitting mocha colored dress at the beginning of June as a bridesmaid. I have never been in a wedding, so I wouldn't know where to get something like this, especially a well quality one. Can anyone suggest a store that sells corsets that are high quality? It does not necessarily have to be expensive, just something that will hold me all night and be comfortable at the same time!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: Corset for bridesmaid dress

Hi Elmgirl, I have this corset from Davids Bridal that I have had since 2007 and have worn in 4 weddings under my BM dresses and it has worked wonders!!! It was only $60. I know there are better places out there to get them, but I would highly recommend checking out DB first! Their prices are so reasonable compared to other retailers. Good luck :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

Thank you, lizinboston. I will check them out! I can't believe I didn't even think of that, that is where our bridesmaid dresses are from!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I get all my specialty undergarments at Lady Grace. I know it sounds totally "grandma" but they have a lot of really great stuff there and the sales staff are geniouses!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

Thank you Friar, I will check them out, too :) Anything to s*ck me in! hahaha.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Lady Grace sales people understand fit - and dignity. 

Special occasion wear does not have to be exceptionally durable, and lots of David's Bridal stuff will do, but the sales staff in some stores could  not be less knowledgeable if they hired them out of a high school automotive shop class. 
          If you are a very easy standard size, DB will do - just search yourself.  LG costs but when you leave, what you have fits and lasts.  They know their stock.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In Response to Re: Corset for bridesmaid dress:
         Lady Grace sales people understand fit - and dignity.       Special occasion wear does not have to be exceptionally durable, and lots of David's Bridal stuff will do, but the sales staff in some stores could  not be less knowledgeable if they hired them out of a high school automotive shop class.        If you are a very easy standard size, DB will do - just search yourself.  LG costs but when you leave, what you have fits and lasts.  They know their stock.
    Posted by whatawagSBNy

True, however, they did not have anything long enough to fit me - and I am only 5'8"!  Think they cater for an older and shorter clientele.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

There's a lingerie store in Copley that is fairly expensive, yet supposed to be fantastic.  WPP could tell you the name of it.  Or Aunt Beth, I think.

I got all my corsets at Victoria's Secret.  Since you have time, you can try on stuff in the store, then search the catalog online.  And, if you want, since they email me about 20 coupons per week, I can see if I can find a code you can use when you're ready to order.

I also have a long line bra (not exactly a corset, but the same general idea) that I got at Macy's.  It works surprisingly well.

Oh, and I know that people highly, highly recommend Spanks to wear under formalwear.

HTH.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

Thank you, Lucy. I think the store you are referring to is Intimacy? I hear it is super expensive, but might be worth checking out!

And you are absolutely right in that I have plenty of time. But the dresses come in at the beginning end of Feb and I wanted to have it by then for all of the fittings!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Thank you, Lucy. I think the store you are referring to is Intimacy?
    Posted by Elmgirl82

Yes!  Intimacy.  I've never been there, but I've heard excellent things about it.  And they have another location that could be more convenient.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

Great advice! And Lucy, Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies! Remember the episode of The Office where Jim asks everyone what top 5 movies they would bring on a Tropical Island? Pam says "The Princess Bride"!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Great advice! And Lucy, Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies! Remember the episode of The Office where Jim asks everyone what top 5 movies they would bring on a Tropical Island? Pam says "The Princess Bride"!
    Posted by Elmgirl82

Greatest movie of all time.  Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Response to Re: Corset for bridesmaid dress : True, however, they did not have anything long enough to fit me - and I am only 5'8"!  Think they cater for an older and shorter clientele.
    Posted by Ihavemyhats

My mom is taller than I am, 5'9", and she and a few sisters used to complain, til the LG store near her started carrying a tall line of several of their brands.  Apparently this is a stocking option, not all managers order, but can carry where there is a market. 
        I am not tall, but long waisted - Back neck to waist of 17 and about 1 1/2 inches longer than standard for waist to crotch.  A PITA for bathing suits, Leotards, and such especially as all 2 1/2 inches of me longer than standard for 5'6" - 5'7" is together.  They custom measured and ordered my long-line bras for strapless/low back things, and Also custom measure regular bras because I am barrel chested (racial type) so I need 1 1/2 inches more in each side section under the arm than normal for any but a lace and elastic bra ( A DD, those are sexy but not much use.)
         Do you perhaps go to a mall store,  where they pack in all standard stuff and do fewer requested custom things?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

whatawag, I am fairly normal in size I think? A 36C and about 5'5", maybe a little shorter? I was measured a little under 65 inches at my last physical. I definitely do not want to pick one on my own though and would need the help of an "expert"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

You should be easy.

Sections
Shortcuts