Corset or bra?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Corset or bra?

I know, and they fit everywhere else! It is so annoying!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I want to know why v-necks are soooo low! I wear them because I like them, but I end up wearing a cami underneath to take the cleavage down a notch. I just can't imagine who'd want that much cleavage in a t-shirt!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Yep, always happens to me!!  It looks perfect everywhere else, but then I look at my boobs, and it looks like I'm shoving them in.  Looks ridiculous. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I bought a cute v-neck black dress that I had been planning on wearing to work.  I don't even remember trying it on when I bought it.  I put it on last week, looked in the mirror in horror.  "Um, where do I think I'm going... a club??".  Yep, took it off, put on a cami, and put it back on. 

Crazy low!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Surprisingly I got a great Betsey Johnson jersey dress that's v-neck and it's totally office appropriate. Why is it that this dress by an "edgy" designer shows less skin than the t-shirt I bought from Target??

In Response to Re: Corset or bra?:
    [QUOTE]I bought a cute v-neck black dress that I had been planning on wearing to work.  I don't even remember trying it on when I bought it.  I put it on last week, looked in the mirror in horror.  "Um, where do I think I'm going... a club??".  Yep, took it off, put on a cami, and put it back on.  Crazy low!
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Surprisingly I got a great Betsey Johnson jersey dress that's v-neck and it's totally office appropriate. Why is it that this dress by an "edgy" designer shows less skin than the t-shirt I bought from Target?? In Response to Re: Corset or bra? :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Who knows, but you're totally right!  I bought a couple of those v-neck t-shirts from Target, too.  They're SO low.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Well, I guess if we were all Playboy models, this wouldn't be an issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Goodness, I didn't know you were that big. This really changes things. I'm sorry for stuff I said now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I say do the cups! There is nothing worse than being in an uncomfortable bra!! You'll be so hot in the dress alone!   I got cups sewn in, $30.  My dress was also tight at the waist so it wasn't going anywhere.  See what your seamstress has to say.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I say do the cups! There is nothing worse than being in an uncomfortable bra!! You'll be so hot in the dress alone!   I got cups sewn in, $30.  My dress was also tight at the waist so it wasn't going anywhere.  See what your seamstress has to say.
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

I think I'll literally get rid of 1/4 to 1/2 inch of padding if I go without the coreseted bra.  Even having it on for an hour makes me hot.  I keep thinking of how hot I'm going to be even though my wedding is in October.  I'll be hot that day, I can just feel it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

So I had a dream last night that we all met at a bar.  Everyone was really nice, but you all had HUGE boobs!  I think it was from reading this thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]So I had a dream last night that we all met at a bar.  Everyone was really nice, but you all had HUGE boobs!  I think it was from reading this thread.
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

LOL!!

I find ALL tops are difficult when you have big boobs!  I can't wear high-necked things because it looks like the girls are hanging down to my waist (even though they don't!) and many v-necks are too low, or they're those v-necks that overlap in the front - which only work when the overlapping part is sewn together which it hardly ever is!  I do tend to wear v-necks mostly, ones that are not low enough to show cleavage, because I feel like they are more slimming.  but in general, tops that fit my chest are way to big everywhere else.

Regarding dresses - I do find that double-stick tape can work wonders!  One of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm wearing a semi-low cut top and have this HUGE cleavage line because the girls fall forward and press togehter.  (sorry, is this TMI?)  Now that I've discovered double sided tape, I put a strip of it inside each bra cup and it sort of holds them off to the sides, preventing that overly dramatic cleavage line that I don't like.  It looks much more tidy and proper, less "clubby".  Worth a try!  I did that with my wedding dress and it kept me from feeling self-conscious at all about the v-neck.

p.s. i forgot to look at my strapless bra last night... sorry!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

good advice, double-stick tape works wnders!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corset or bra? : LOL!! I find ALL tops are difficult when you have big boobs!  I can't wear high-necked things because it looks like the girls are hanging down to my waist (even though they don't!) and many v-necks are too low, or they're those v-necks that overlap in the front - which only work when the overlapping part is sewn together which it hardly ever is!  I do tend to wear v-necks mostly, ones that are not low enough to show cleavage, because I feel like they are more slimming.  but in general, tops that fit my chest are way to big everywhere else. Regarding dresses - I do find that double-stick tape can work wonders!  One of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm wearing a semi-low cut top and have this HUGE cleavage line because the girls fall forward and press togehter.  (sorry, is this TMI?)  Now that I've discovered double sided tape, I put a strip of it inside each bra cup and it sort of holds them off to the sides, preventing that overly dramatic cleavage line that I don't like.  It looks much more tidy and proper, less "clubby".  Worth a try!  I did that with my wedding dress and it kept me from feeling self-conscious at all about the v-neck. p.s. i forgot to look at my strapless bra last night... sorry!
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corset or bra? : LOL!! I find ALL tops are difficult when you have big boobs!  I can't wear high-necked things because it looks like the girls are hanging down to my waist (even though they don't!) and many v-necks are too low, or they're those v-necks that overlap in the front - which only work when the overlapping part is sewn together which it hardly ever is!  I do tend to wear v-necks mostly, ones that are not low enough to show cleavage, because I feel like they are more slimming.  but in general, tops that fit my chest are way to big everywhere else. Regarding dresses - I do find that double-stick tape can work wonders!  One of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm wearing a semi-low cut top and have this HUGE cleavage line because the girls fall forward and press togehter.  (sorry, is this TMI?)  Now that I've discovered double sided tape, I put a strip of it inside each bra cup and it sort of holds them off to the sides, preventing that overly dramatic cleavage line that I don't like.  It looks much more tidy and proper, less "clubby".  Worth a try!  I did that with my wedding dress and it kept me from feeling self-conscious at all about the v-neck. p.s. i forgot to look at my strapless bra last night... sorry!
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

heatherv1211, that's great advice.  I hadn't even thought about double-stick tape!!  That's one of my problems, too.  When I lean over, and my boobs squish together and make cleavage that looks like a bum.  I don't like that.  I like pushed off to the side cleavage, too, if that makes any sense. 

I'll try the double-stick tape, too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I wish someone would tell my co-worker to wear a cami under her shirts... all of them!  :o)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]I HATE strapless bras with a passion. I say go with the corset, Goodness. When I was in my brothers wedding I wore one and it held everything up all night!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  I hate strapless bras.  I feel naked, and I spend half the night tugging at it.  I actually look and feel better going without entirely.  However, I love my corsets.  They keep me up, force me to stand up straight, and make me thinner.

With that said - I am far smaller than a DD, which could make a difference.

FWIW, I can tell you that those stick-on cups are entirely useless.  So, if you were even briefly considering those - don't.

Sections
Shortcuts