Cotton Wedding Dress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pandamand5. Show pandamand5's posts

Cotton Wedding Dress

Hi again,
    I'm trying to find a cotton dress for our summer wedding (next year). The Cotton Bride collection is GORGEOUS but a little out of my price range. Justin Alexander's PURE is nice, but I am not sold on any single one. And I am going to visit the J Crew at Chestnut Hill to see what options they have from their wedding collection.

Has anyone run across local stores that sell cotton gowns? The thought of ordering something hand-made kind of stresses me out; I'd much prefer to try it on first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: Cotton Wedding Dress

How formal are you wanting?  If it is quite an informal wedding (e.g - on a beach etc), maybe try looking outside of cotton wedding dresses, and look as well at nice sun/summer dresses.

The good news is, you still have plenty of time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I totally agree if your wedding is informal.  I had an awesome white sun dress from Jessica McKlintock one year, but it wasn't a wedding gown...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pandamand5. Show pandamand5's posts

In Response to Re: Cotton Wedding Dress:
    How formal are you wanting?  If it is quite an informal wedding (e.g - on a beach etc), maybe try looking outside of cotton wedding dresses, and look as well at nice sun/summer dresses. The good news is, you still have plenty of time!
    Posted by Prill

It's going to be a small informal wedding, but I want the dress to still make people say, 'wow'. I'm trying to be eco-friendly while doing it on the cheap. =)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

if you want to be really eco-friendly you can rent a dress from renttherunway.com
    they allow you to rent two sizes at a tiem so you can be sure it will fit.

this one is $100

this one is $200 to rent:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

pink--i love that first gown you posted!  is it nicole miller?  can i get married again, maybe somewhere on the beach so I can wear it? kthanks.

for the op: have you seen the adele wechsler line?
    http://adelewechsler.com
    ...it's eco friendly (silk and hemp i think).  don't know about pricing, but i know a bride who got one and LOVED it.  they sell them at La Reine in Waltham if you want to check it out.

also, not so much on the eco friendly front, but nordstrom has some lovely simple white bridal dresses
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/6014155/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014155
    ...don't know if any are cotton; some are silk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

that is a nicole miller, you've got a good eye jasmine!
    it is lovely, I'm currently helping a friend dress hunt and there's a nicole miller very similar to that one, but in a bronze metallic that she might get. I just love the texture.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Jasmine, you can get married as many times as you want, as long as it's to the same person.  Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If your goal is being ecofriendly, saving money, AND having a "wow" wedding dress, not necessarily needing a cotton dress, I'd definitely go with a rental like Pinkkittie suggested.  Reused, cheap, and the wow factor you want.  I don't think you can get a "wow" wedding sundress, IMO.  Wow cotton wedding dresses are out there, but expensive!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Ariadress.com  where many people by bm dresses has some wedding gowns. There are a few you can get in cotton eyelet that are very pretty. Just a thought if you really want cotton. They are very nice looking, but I would not say they are "in style" or "trendy" per-se. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

You could consider buying a "pre-owned" gown.  Reuse is recycling!
    There are alot of gorgeous gowns for sale both at consignment shops and online. 

-K

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

That's a good idea, Woodie.  VOWS might have something nice in cotton.