Cups for my gown?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Cups for my gown?

I tried on my gown this weekend, and I'll definitely need some help filling out the bust on my dress, LOL!

The woman at the bridal shop told me to just buy the cups and they'll sew them in for me.  She told me to go to Target because she knew they sold them there pretty cheap.  They do normally sell them for about $6, but they were completely wiped out and they don't have them online.

Anyone know where I can go to find relatively inexpensive cups?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Cups for my gown?

Have you tried Joanne fabric?? I just saw a woman in line in front of me buying some.  Im sure they are under $10. My seamstress had them so I didn't need to buy them.  Joanne's is my only idea right now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I never would have thought to go there!  There's one about 10 minutes from me so I'll definitely check them out!  Thanks!  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I tried on my gown this weekend, and I'll definitely need some help filling out the bust on my dress, LOL! The woman at the bridal shop told me to just buy the cups and they'll sew them in for me.  She told me to go to Target because she knew they sold them there pretty cheap.  They do normally sell them for about $6, but they were completely wiped out and they don't have them online. Anyone know where I can go to find relatively inexpensive cups?
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I wish I had your problem....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

LOL Liz!  It was a little disheartening seeing my dress fit perfectly everywhere except for the huge gap in the bust.  My upper body looked like an 8-year-olds in that thing.  Ah well, I'll get over it...  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Don't worry - they make the bust larger on wedding gowns simply because it's easier to take in the bodice than let it out.  It doesn't mean you're tiny. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Thanks Kar, that makes me feel a little better!  Thank goodness for cups and push up bras, that's all I have to say!  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

[QUOTE]Oh man, I wish I had your problem....
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Liz, I promise I'm not picking on you specifically, but mostly pointing out to all of the well-endowed women out there who say they "wish they had the problem" of a small/flat chest.  You have NO IDEA what it's like to have no breasts.  Imagine being 11 and being told to wait for your boobs to show up, then 12 passes, 13, 14, 15...  and then you end up at 30 years old with a chest as flat as it was in 5th grade.  No joke.  I wouldn't wish almost 20 years of being teased and embarassed on anyone.  (Can you tell I'm sensitive about it?)  The thing is, the well-endowed women always say "you're lucky you don't need a bra!"  to which I respond "Yes I do, I need a padded bra to look like an adult woman!" 

That said, I purchased the Nu-Bra (those chicken cutlet things that you stick on to yourself) to fill out the cups (because I'm convinced that they can't add enough to make it look right!).  I didn't know you could buy cups at Target?

I just realized I wrote a whole post and didn't help with an answer, sorry :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Sprout, I can totally empathize with you.  I've always had a relatively small chest, and I absolutely wish I just had a little more to work with.  It's definitely tough when you can't fill out a dress/shirt/bathing suit, and I'm sensitive about it at times, too.

However, I know many large chested women (my MOH is a DD), and I must say, a lot of them have as many problems and insecurities as we do.  They struggle with finding the right support in bras and clothing, and I've known a few that actually have back pain because their chests are so large.  And while we can pad our bras to make our chests look bigger, there isn't much they can do to make theirs smaller.

It's just like anything else in life.  We just have to accept what we were given, and work with what we've got!  Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

imagine being 13 years old and being the only girl in your class with boobs. That garners a lot of attention, none of it the good kind. The years of harassing and teasing are there for that too.
    Imagine feeling totally inappropriate in a bathing suit around family and in-laws because someone is going to say something about your boobs. Someone always does. They think they're giving you a compliment, instead you feel embarassed.
    Imagine 75% of people not looking you in the eyes when you wear a v-neck.

Moral of the story: we all want what we can't have, and therefore we're all even.

[QUOTE]Liz, I promise I'm not picking on you specifically, but mostly pointing out to all of the well-endowed women out there who say they "wish they had the problem" of a small/flat chest.  You have NO IDEA what it's like to have no breasts.  Imagine being 11 and being told to wait for your boobs to show up, then 12 passes, 13, 14, 15...  and then you end up at 30 years old with a chest as flat as it was in 5th grade.  No joke.  I wouldn't wish almost 20 years of being teased and embarassed on anyone.  (Can you tell I'm sensitive about it?)  The thing is, the well-endowed women always say "you're lucky you don't need a bra!"  to which I respond "Yes I do, I need a padded bra to look like an adult woman!"  That said, I purchased the Nu-Bra (those chicken cutlet things that you stick on to yourself) to fill out the cups (because I'm convinced that they can't add enough to make it look right!).  I didn't know you could buy cups at Target? I just realized I wrote a whole post and didn't help with an answer, sorry :)
    Posted by LilSprout[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Liz, I promise I'm not picking on you specifically, but mostly pointing out to all of the well-endowed women out there who say they "wish they had the problem" of a small/flat chest.  You have NO IDEA what it's like to have no breasts.  Imagine being 11 and being told to wait for your boobs to show up, then 12 passes, 13, 14, 15...  and then you end up at 30 years old with a chest as flat as it was in 5th grade.  No joke.  I wouldn't wish almost 20 years of being teased and embarassed on anyone.  (Can you tell I'm sensitive about it?)  The thing is, the well-endowed women always say "you're lucky you don't need a bra!"  to which I respond "Yes I do, I need a padded bra to look like an adult woman!"  That said, I purchased the Nu-Bra (those chicken cutlet things that you stick on to yourself) to fill out the cups (because I'm convinced that they can't add enough to make it look right!).  I didn't know you could buy cups at Target? I just realized I wrote a whole post and didn't help with an answer, sorry :)

HAHA Lil....like I said, girls with no chest wish they had them and girls with big chests wish they didn't. I honestly can say I don't know what it is like. And I do like my chest, as does my FI, haha. But it can be a pain in the behind when you can't wear the cute tube tops or silk shirts with spaghetti straps. Oh well, God gave everyone something different :) Maybe I just wish I had the big ones that didn't move...like all the Playboy models Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Yes! I've always been self-conscious about this, but lately for whatever reason it's been much worse. I've just been having days where I feel like my bras DO NOT fit, that they're superhuge, and I'm a mutant. I was complaining to FI about this, and I think he was at a loss for what to say, except "I like you how you are" (he's really sweet).

I hate bra shopping and every time I go and get measured, they tell me a different size, then I try on that size and I'm like, this is huge. My size clearly does not exist. It's embarrassing to see 12 year olds in Victoria's Secret with their moms who can fill out bras better than I ever will, and knowing that their sizes exist! The last store person who measured me said I was a B and I just laughed. The band fits, but the cup is enormous. An A cup fits, but the band is suffocating. I have one super old bra that kind of fits, and the rest are awful and make me feel ridiculous.

Who makes these things???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Peas, they make bras that are for between sizes - I think it's Haines or Playtex. They have A/B or Almost A or Almost B cup sizes.  I take a 32B and you cannot believe how hard it is to find that size.  The sales person always looks at me blankly if I ask if they have any 32s.  It makes me sorry to inconvenience them w/ a small rib cage!  I always end up asking a busty sales clerk too.  I'm going to try buying online when I need some new bras.  I found this place and it looks promising for smaller sizes: www.figleaves.com. One of my friends friend's uses it and likes it.  I've also found this website, but the name irks me and I don't know if I can bring myself to order anything from it:  www.ittybittybra.com.

For the OP, any place that has a sewing dept will carry bra cup inserts.  Joanne's has them, as does Walmart and Target. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Thanks ALF! It sounds like the ittybittybras place needs to work on their marketing, but I'll check those out!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I can understand how it can be emabarassing buying small bras...but it is also emabarassing buying bras that look GINORMOUS!! And, most bras that are DD are not exactly sexy! The straps are thick and look grandma-ish!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I've seen them.  The small bras are little girlish, with frills. lace or bows. Or even worse, with padding.  Some of us just want some support, not falsies! lol.  And they are all super expensive b/c they never go on sale, or else they sell out before you get to buy them b/c they buy like 3 for their entire inventory.  It stinks either way. 

And it's not so much that it's embarrasing to buy small bras.  It's having to ask if they carry that size and being looked at like you're a freak b/c you don't have at least a 34 inch band.  I even think my 32 is too big, but I can't find any place that can measure me properly.  I've actually been told to check out the training bra section.  Um, thanks, sales ladies, but I do have breasts - just smaller ones, and I do need a 'big girl' bra w/ support, not a cotton sling.  lol. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm an odd size (32 C), and I have great luck at Lady Grace - they aren't all old-lady styles anymore.  Really!  And, they REALLY know what they are doing when it comes to fitting you perfectly...that's how I found out what size I really am.  I used to wear a 34 B thanks to Victoria's Secret's boobs - get it?! Ha!  The straps were always falling down, and I thought that was just normal. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

LOL, Kar. The boobs at VS at least told me I was a 32 [my ribcage actually measures 29.5 inches, so I don't know where they are getting the 32 from; the 32 is the breast measurement, maybe, since that is 32in?], not a 34, so at least the bra stays reasonably in place now.  I'd love to try Lady Grace but it's a hike for me.  Even the ones in NH and ME are too far.  Argh.  I get so many conflicting directions on how to measure bras on line. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Such a funny thread!  I definitely think any extreme can be tough to live with.  I'm a DD and like kmt said, I have to buy tops that are 2 sizes too big then they look too big all around!  And I can't wear a lot of the cute clothes that are out there.  I also have upper back pain that won't go away no matter what kind of bra I wear.  I've always wanted to shop at Victoria's Secret, but none of their stuff fits me.  (even their DDs)  I also cannot run for excersize (too painful) and even though I LOVE to dance, I get self conscious bouncing around, so often hold back.  Luckily, my FI loves them!  So that is nice.  But I've also met plenty of men who are more attracted to small-chested women. 

I also have relatively straight blond hair and have always wanted curly black hair, so there you go!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Oh - kmt - did you find cups?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]LOL, Kar. The boobs at VS at least told me I was a 32 [my ribcage actually measures 29.5 inches, so I don't know where they are getting the 32 from; the 32 is the breast measurement, maybe, since that is 32in?], not a 34, so at least the bra stays reasonably in place now.  I'd love to try Lady Grace but it's a hike for me.  Even the ones in NH and ME are too far.  Argh.  I get so many conflicting directions on how to measure bras on line. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

It's crazy - why can't our sizes be defined as they are?  The ribcage measurement isn't the number of inches around you are (WHY, though, I have no idea).  You add 3 inches or 4 inches to it depending on if the real measurement is an even or odd number of inches. I can't remember which is which, though.

I also learned there that a C cup is smaller for a 32 C than it is for a 36 C.  A C is not a C across the board. 

It couldn't possibly be more confusing.

I know it's far, ALF, but I recommend making just one trip to Lady Grace and getting a true fitting and to buy some great bras.  Then, you can order your size from the catalog.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

See, I read that the adding inches to the circumfrence of your ribcage is from when Maidenform first started making bras and is no longer applicable to modern bras w/ elastic!  I may have to make a special lingerie trip to get fitted.  So annoying! 

Then again, I should be used to it by now. I can't wear anything off the rack b/c I'm between sizes, so I spend a fortune at the tailor. :-( 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]See, I read that the adding inches to the circumfrence of your ribcage is from when Maidenform first started making bras and is no longer applicable to modern bras w/ elastic!  I may have to make a special lingerie trip to get fitted.  So annoying!  Then again, I should be used to it by now. I can't wear anything off the rack b/c I'm between sizes, so I spend a fortune at the tailor. :-( 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

So, Maidenform is to blame?  I think they all still use that system, though, because I'm only 28 or so around, and no bra anywhere is a 28; I've never even seen a 30.  (I'm a jean size 4.)

I thought I was between sizes until I got fitted properly only a few years ago.  I sense you are on the precipice of bra nirvana!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Such a funny thread!  I definitely think any extreme can be tough to live with.  I'm a DD and like kmt said, I have to buy tops that are 2 sizes too big then they look too big all around!  And I can't wear a lot of the cute clothes that are out there.  I also have upper back pain that won't go away no matter what kind of bra I wear.  I've always wanted to shop at Victoria's Secret, but none of their stuff fits me.  (even their DDs)  I also cannot run for excersize (too painful) and even though I LOVE to dance, I get self conscious bouncing around, so often hold back.  Luckily, my FI loves them!  So that is nice.  But I've also met plenty of men who are more attracted to small-chested women.  I also have relatively straight blond hair and have always wanted curly black hair, so there you go!!
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

YEAH Heather, I am a DD too!!!! Bras are hard to find! But VS does actually have cute bathing suit tops that come in DD's. And don't even get me started on how hard it is to find a cute bathing suit top in DD's!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]So, Maidenform is to blame?  I think they all still use that system, though, because I'm only 28 or so around, and no bra anywhere is a 28; I've never even seen a 30.  (I'm a jean size 4.) I thought I was between sizes until I got fitted properly only a few years ago.  I sense you are on the precipice of bra nirvana!!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Oooh, kar, that was why I was so excited to find the figleaves.com site. Check it out! They do have tiny bands. They go down to 28!