Desperately Wanting: Maggie Sottero "Ireland" gown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstar121. Show mstar121's posts

I bought a dress a few months ago, thinking it was "the one" but have discovered that it is not and am looking for the Maggie Sottero "Ireland" dress. If anybody is looking to sell their gown, or have any ideas on where I can find one, please let me know! Thanks!

Also- I am looking to sell the dress that I do have- it's a Watters style 8051B, size 10. I bought it at a sample sale and it's never been worn outside of the boutique. Please contact me with any questions!

Megan
    meg_johnson 81 at hotmail

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Meg- that is how spammers get email addresses. You should never post your full email address like that on message boards.

You should edit that post so it includes spaces and spells out things, like this

jand_smith at hotmail dot com

ETA- Good luck and I hope you find your dress

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstar121. Show mstar121's posts

thanks for the advice - clearly i don't do this often :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I found this dress on an ebay store in sizes 0 - 16:

Ireland

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

It makes me a little nervous that the ebay seller links to Maggie Sottero's website instead of providing pictures of the actual item - especially since they've loaded pictures of the sizing chart, so they clearly know how to do it. I tend to be overly suspicious, though.

Either way, it's a beautiful dress. I hope you find it.

Another site

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]It makes me a little nervous that the ebay seller links to Maggie Sottero's website instead of providing pictures of the actual item - especially since they've loaded pictures of the sizing chart, so they clearly know how to do it. I tend to be overly suspicious, though.

Either way, it's a beautiful dress. I hope you find it.

Another site
    [/Quote]

You are wise to be suspicious. I am, too, but they do offer an explanation for it on their site. It may be true, maybe not, but they do explain it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstar121. Show mstar121's posts

It does make me a bit suspicious, too. I'd rather just buy it off of someone who wore it at her wedding or bought another one instead. I can order it new at the bridal boutique for the same price as ebay is charging and be assured that it is the real deal and not a replica. Thanks for the advice so far and if you happen to stumble across the dress, keep me in mind!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstar121. Show mstar121's posts

Ideally I'd like a 10 but could probably make a 12 fit- I am looking for white though. Do you have any pictures of it? I've actually never seen it in ivory- maybe it would work. thanks! You can email me at meg_johnson81 at hotmail dot com.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

by the way, did you check preownedweddingdresses.com? I've heard raves about that site before.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[Quote]Ideally I'd like a 10 but could probably make a 12 fit- I am looking for white though. Do you have any pictures of it? I've actually never seen it in ivory- maybe it would work. thanks! You can email me at meg_johnson81 at hotmail dot com.[/Quote]

Wedding dresses (when new) can be altered up to 3 sizes either way. If you are having it altered to be smaller than the first bride, it won't be a problem at all to go down one size. There will be no need to "make a 12 fit." Any bridal seamstress could easily take it down to an 8/10 from a 12.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstar121. Show mstar121's posts

[Quote]remember the dress is boned so if you are reducing the size it often means moving the boning which can be expencive.
    i have this dress in a size 10 white but have had to put my wedding on hold so may consider selling it if you are interested? i payed 800 for it and have not even tries it on yet and its still being kept in the shop so really is good as new![/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstar121. Show mstar121's posts

I'd definitely be interested in talking to you about buying the dress if you are going to be selling it... please email me at meg_johnson81 at hotmail dot com... thanks!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Re: Desperately Wanting: Maggie Sottero

[QUOTE]I bought a dress a few months ago, thinking it was "the one" but have discovered that it is not and am looking for the Maggie Sottero "Ireland" dress. If anybody is looking to sell their gown, or have any ideas on where I can find one, please let me know! Thanks! Also- I am looking to sell the dress that I do have- it's a Watters style 8051B, size 10. I bought it at a sample sale and it's never been worn outside of the boutique. Please contact me with any questions! Megan meg_johnson 81 at hotmail
    Posted by mstar121[/QUOTE]

I don't know if someone else already mentioned this - but Precious Memories in Malden lists the "Ireland" by Maggie as one of the dresses they have in stock - worth checking out!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: Desperately Wanting: Maggie Sottero

It makes some people nervous to buy used or even never worn dresses, but my friend bought her wedding gownd on Preownedweddingdresses.com and was very happy with the experience. They have a ton of designers and you do all the negoitiating with the seller. I would try that website to see what you can get! Good Luck!

Sections
Shortcuts