Destination Dress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GirlyGirl82. Show GirlyGirl82's posts

Destination Dress

Anyone travelled to a destination wedding? I am attending a wedding in Cancun as a guest and I am trying to find a nice dress to wear. I don't think it needs to be really fancy but it can't be a beachwear dress. Does anyone have any links to recommendations for dresses?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Destination Dress

I love Anthropologie for nice day-time dresses.  You can shop in their Boylston St store or online (anthropologie.com).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

In Response to Destination Dress:
    [QUOTE]Anyone travelled to a destination wedding? I am attending a wedding in Cancun as a guest and I am trying to find a nice dress to wear. I don't think it needs to be really fancy but it can't be a beachwear dress. Does anyone have any links to recommendations for dresses?
    Posted by GirlyGirl82[/QUOTE]

Nordstom.com has a whole "Guest at Wedding" section with tons of dresses in many styles that might help.  Link here:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/6014174/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014174?mediumthumbnail=Y&P=1&viewAll=1&origin=styleCollectionPager_numbers&pbo=6014174

I have this dress in black from Ann Taylor and think it would work for a destination beach wedding http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=20276&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_349&N=1200065&pCategoryId=152&categoryId=349&showAll=Y&loc=sl3&defaultColorNameFromCategory=Dark+Plum&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses

Good Luck with your shopping!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Hawaiian dresses are perfect for beach weddings. Cute retro cuts that work on everyone, fun patterns that make them versatile, and light fabric just made for the beach.
    I've owned a few in my life and it's amazing how breathable they are.
    http://www.shakatime.com/hawaiian_shirt_store/hawaiian-dresses-women.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GirlyGirl82. Show GirlyGirl82's posts

Love these dresses, thank you! Pink I love Hawaiian stuff so I am going to check some of them out. The prices are great!

November, I love the AT dress in the red color. Was it very cottony and casual looking though, like jersey material? I find a fancy dress would be too much but I don't want to be underdressed either. I guess I could order it and return it?

Thanks again for the suggestions!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like the simple J Crew sundresses I've seen in years past - can't speak for this year's inventory, per se, but I bet they'd be nice.  For higher end, dressier summer dresses, I'd check out Ann Taylor Loft.  I bet they'd have those on sale by now...summer's almost over. :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I live in Ann Taylor Loft clothes. I think I have their whole store in my closet!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

In Response to Re: Destination Dress:
    [QUOTE]Hawaiian dresses are perfect for beach weddings. Cute retro cuts that work on everyone, fun patterns that make them versatile, and light fabric just made for the beach. I've owned a few in my life and it's amazing how breathable they are. http://www.shakatime.com/hawaiian_shirt_store/hawaiian-dresses-women.html
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]
    Pink, so cute! Too bad summer is almost over, or I would have bought one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

[QUOTE]Love these dresses, thank you! Pink I love Hawaiian stuff so I am going to check some of them out. The prices are great! November, I love the AT dress in the red color. Was it very cottony and casual looking though, like jersey material? I find a fancy dress would be too much but I don't want to be underdressed either. I guess I could order it and return it? Thanks again for the suggestions!
    Posted by GirlyGirl82[/QUOTE]
    Hi GirlyGirl,
    This dress is not jersey like at all, more like a stiff / pressed cotton. It does not have that cotton casual sundress look but looks more formal and structured which is why I thought it would be good for a wedding.  I worn mine to a roof deck party at the Liberty Hotel for a new company launch in a very conservative industry and it did not look at all out of place. I got several compliments on it from women who wore more evening type dresses and were sweating.  Hope this helps.      

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

the first time I went to honoloulou to visit family, I wondered why everyone wore "aloha" shirts and dresses, as they call them there. Then my aunt brought me out shopping for one. As soon as I put it on I realized it's dress you really can't go wrong with. Cut long enough and retro enough that it's perfect for semi-formal or casual events, yet so fun to wear and look at. You can dress it up with strappy sandals and pretty shell jewelry or dress it down with flip flops.
    Some of the prints are really loud, I know, but others are very modern and cute.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Destination Dress : Pink, so cute! Too bad summer is almost over, or I would have bought one.
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I love looking at all the dresses on http://www.bluefly.com/Designer-Dresses/_/N-1ab7/list.fly

I've never bought from there but they have a lot of pretty things.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

[QUOTE]I live in Ann Taylor Loft clothes. I think I have their whole store in my closet!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha...me too!!!  I'm wearing a complete outfit today, lol

Now is a good time to be looking at dresses because you'll probably find a lot of End of Summer Sales

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLLCK. Show LLLCK's posts

Nordstrom's Rack in Danvers has lots of summery dresses that would work for a wedding in Cancun.  Enjoy your trip.