Donate Gown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from simon08. Show simon08's posts

Donate Gown

Was wondering if anyone could advise where I could donate a wedding gown - was hoping to find someplace other than a consignment shop that would be able to "match" the gown to someone who is not able to possibly afford a gown - does something like this exist?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Re: Donate Gown

I donated my gown and veil to Brides Against Breast Cancer. They take the gowns that are donated (some used, some new) and sell them at big sales around the country. The money raised goes towards breast cancer research (or was it support groups for them? I can't remember). Check out the website cicirose linked. I felt great knowing a bride could get a great dress at an affordable price and that I was helping such a great cause.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanHassle. Show VanHassle's posts

I bought my gown at the brides against breast cancer sale, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the organization.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

there are lots of sites for pre-owned wedding dresses. if you really want to make someone's dream come true, you could post on there with a bargain price and wait for the right buyer.
    My friend got her wedding dress through preownedweddingdresses.com she had her heart set on a Nicole Miller, but couldn't possibly afford a new one. She saw a pre-owned one there that she loved and she messaged back and forth with the owner and ended up getting the dress for less than it was listed for, because the owner could tell my friend was on a tight budget but this was her dream dress.

Sections
Shortcuts