Dress cleaning/restoration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrywebb. Show cherrywebb's posts

Dress cleaning/restoration

Hi everyone. I'm new to these boards - have read some interesting discussions but never posted before. Since it seems like you ladies are all so smart about these topics I'm hoping you can help me!
    My question is that I really would like to wear my grandmother's wedding dress but it was not properly stored so it needs some work. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I can go to get it cleaned or restored? (This is all new to me, so please bear with my terminology!) Luckily it fits PERFECTLY but I would like to have it altered a bit for style so recommendations there would also be extremely appreciated!
    Thanks for your help

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Re: Dress cleaning/restoration

Miss Hefferman's Cleaning in Newton Center (just past intersection of Center and Beacon Streets) did an AMAZING job cleaning a friend's dress.  We all thought it was ruined beyond repair, it had caked mud on hem, a huge red wine spill with lots of splatter spots and some tearing.  It was not cheap to fix but they really preformed miracles on this dress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrywebb. Show cherrywebb's posts

Thanks! Will definitely check it out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I don't have anything to add in terms of a recommendation but I think it is very cool that you are going to wear your Grandmother's gown (if it can be repaired and cleaned etc.). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrywebb. Show cherrywebb's posts

Thanks. I'm really hoping that I can get it fixed and wear it. I always thought it would be nice since we were very close and she passed away a few years ago but wasn't sure until I tried it on and it fix perfectly everywhere, even the length. Who would've guessed!?

Sections
Shortcuts