dress help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

dress help

Hi ladies.. TGIF!!! I'm Looking for some help... my bm dress's are Merlot, and long. with Merlot beading at the top.. it's a v-neck sort of thing... I can't find a pic on line... it's a Jordan.. it that helps... regarding shoes.. would you do the same color as the dress.. or silver.. the jewerly will be silver of some kind.

Thanks for your help!

Staci

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: dress help

Steer clear of dyed shoes to match the dress... it's not the mid 90's any more!  Try silver or black or even champagne/gold (not sure what season the wedding is in, but gold could be nice if it's fall).  Truth be told though, under a long dress, it probably doesn't matter too much - your b/ms all probably own a pair of strappy black heels (or similar) so could just as easily wear them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I agree w/Prill. Metallic or black would look very nice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I completely agree with Prill on every point and suggestion except I think that gold isn't a good idea only because the jewelry is all silver.  (I remember the dye to match thing being 80s...did it really last 20 years?!  Yikes.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon, don't have them dye the shoes.  I think silver or black would look great.  Also, I would recommend just picking a color and letting the BM's choose their own style.  Not everyone's comfortable in the same style shoe!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I had a friend who was a bm, last year, the bride insisted on dyed shoes... yep, by the end of the ceremony all 4 of them were sporting lovely kelly green feet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

If the dresses are dark, I say go with black. I'm just thinking the metallic might be distracting if the dresses are really dark. I also agree CLC to let the girls wear their own styles. The only wedding I've ever been in that got specific about shoes was my brother's, where they had to be dyed red and had to be open toe. My shoes didn't match the dress and were so uncomfortable that I left them behind at the reception hall!

My girls are all wearing brown shoes of their choosing. I wasn't about to mandate that my cousin who hates her toes and my SIL who hates heals and my friend that's pregnant have to match the girls who want to wear heals so they don't need their dresses hemmed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Agreed with the rest.  I'm really picky about dressy shoes because my feet tend to hurt in most things.  It is rare that i can find something I can wear for a few hours.  Give your girls a break and pick either silver or black and tell them to wear whatever they like.  They will *love* you for it!

Based on what you are describing, long Merlot dresses, I'd probably lean towards black.  Especially since they won't be seen much under a long dress, everyone probably already has black shoes (or if they choose to buy them, can definitely wear them again).

Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

Thanks girls... I think I'm going to go with black..and let them pick their own styles... have a good weekend!

Sections
Shortcuts