Dress Preservations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from molly980. Show molly980's posts

Dress Preservations

what should the cost be? I know lots of places say they are preserving them, but they don't really do it or guarantee it. my sister in law paid $900 in nyc... so I thought that was definitely a good price, I don't think it was even half, and that's with a guarantee?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thrilled2BWed. Show Thrilled2BWed's posts

Dress Preservations

I also used wedclean.com. I had put a note in with the gown, telling them that it was made entirely of silk, and they emailed me to thank me and tell me they always test the fabrics before cleaning.

They did a great job, and I highly recommend them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbride08. Show newbride08's posts

Dress Preservations

Does anyone know a place for dress cleaning and preservation. I live in Newton.

Thanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from molly980. Show molly980's posts

Dress Preservations

did they guarantee it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Dress Preservations

[Quote]Sabella Couture in Boston does real gown preservation. It's even guaranteed for 20 or 25 years! 2 of my friends got theirs done there and they came out great. Theyre in a sealed box, but theres a window so you can see the front of the dress. The girls in the store were really nice and both of my friends were really happy. One of them just had her sister drop off her gown too! Definitely go there, good luck! [/Quote]

I better get on the ball, too, here... Do you know how much they paid there?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from molly980. Show molly980's posts

Dress Preservations

Sabella Couture in Boston does real gown preservation. It's even guaranteed for 20 or 25 years! 2 of my friends got theirs done there and they came out great. Theyre in a sealed box, but theres a window so you can see the front of the dress. The girls in the store were really nice and both of my friends were really happy. One of them just had her sister drop off her gown too! Definitely go there, good luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosKer. Show RosKer's posts

Dress Preservations

i did wedclean.com. i was a little hesitant, since you're basically shipping off your wedding dress to florida. but i actually got it back in the mail yesterday and it came out great. it was so easy, they ship you a box, you put in your dress and you bring it to fed ex. it says on their website they have never lost a dress.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bride2B08. Show Bride2B08's posts

Dress Preservations

Oh mah gawd...I paid somewhere in the ballpark of $300 and thought that was outrageous! I got mine cleaned and preserved at Dependable Cleaners, and it seems they did a great job (but only time will tell, right?).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Dress Preservations

I've had my dress cleaned, but not sure what to do for the preservation.
    Do people still have them sealed in boxes or is it hanging? I guess I should really get on the ball with this one since my wedding was last September.
    I am glad wedclean did a good job for you. Although I am usually a big online kind of gal for services, the thought of shipping it off did make me nervous. Guess it's time to look into it. Thank you for the reminder.

Sections
Shortcuts