Dress pressing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

Dress pressing

I got my dress at Filene's and my seamstress only does alterations, she doesn't clean and press the dress.  Can anyone recommend a reputable place for dry cleaning/pressing?  I'm nervous to take it to a regular cleaners. 

Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Dress pressing

I am in the exact same situation.  Where do you live/work/whatever?  I am bringing some jeans and a skirt to a nearby seamstress tomorrow and I'm hoping she can recommend a cleaner nearby for my wedding dress.  Cross my fingers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

I work in Boston, live in Somerville.  I'll go anywhere in the metro Boston area.  A friend just told me to go to a place that does wedding dress preservation, or a cleaner that is wedding dress certified like Dependable Cleaners.  I googled Dependable Cleaners, but they had mixed reviews, so I am holding out to see what other advice I get.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I will say I always used Dependable Cleaners when I lived on the South Shore and never had a problem.  But I certainly never used them for anything like a wedding gown!

I used Anton's up on the North Shore and they stretched out two of my sweaters and I will never go there again!

Sections
Shortcuts