Dyeing Fabric?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Dyeing Fabric?

I've had success dyeing fabric at home with RIT dye purchased from a craft store. I recommend DIY dyeing outside with a few clean plastic tubs or buckets.
    If you're not into DIY, I'd check with your local consignment/seamstress/tailor shop to see if they know of anyone who offers the service.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Dyeing Fabric?

I'd start with the shoe dye places...they may do that, too. Not sure who else would be equipped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Dyeing Fabric?

Howdy ladies,
    I never thought I was one to become so wrapped up in wedding planning that I was going crazy over something as simple as the perfect color sash to go with my bridesmaids' dresses... alas here I am, agonizing over finding the perfect color of coral. I can't find the color I'm looking for anywhere!

I'm wondering - does anyone know about where or how I would go about getting fabric dyed? Say I bought the sashes that come with the dresses in ivory or white... could I get them dyed the perfect shade or am I asking for a disaster? People get shoes and purses dyed to match wedding theme colors (don't they? or is that an 90s thing...), but they're usually dyed through the company you purchase them from.

I don't even know where to begin to look! (Aside from my first stop - you all, naturally.) Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Dyeing Fabric?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Dyeing Fabric?

[Quote]I've had success dyeing fabric at home with RIT dye purchased from a craft store. I recommend DIY dyeing outside with a few clean plastic tubs or buckets.
    If you're not into DIY, I'd check with your local consignment/seamstress/tailor shop to see if they know of anyone who offers the service.[/Quote]

Cool, thanks! I don't think I'd want to risk DIY... I'm good at some projects, but I don't think I'd be good with that one!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Dyeing Fabric?

yes, it can go very bad very quickly, that's why I do it outside in my rubber rain boots with a rain slicker on and rubber gloves. and i always test it on an old t-shirt first.

[Quote]

Cool, thanks! I don't think I'd want to risk DIY... I'm good at some projects, but I don't think I'd be good with that one![/Quote]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Dyeing Fabric?

I am making sashes (well my mom is sewing them not me!) and I bought the fabric in the perfect color blue. Sashes are actually quite easy to make, if you know someone that can do it, even a tailor/seamstress will make them for about $15 each. I went to Joanne's Fabric with a swatch to match the blue I wanted and just bought the material. Just another idea for you!