Dyeing shoes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Dyeing shoes?

I have my wedding shoes, which are really beautiful.  I was thinking of doing something different with them, though.  They're a champagne color (satin shoe), which is perfect, but I was hoping to dye them a darker shade of pink.  Does anyone know if shoes can only get dyed if they're white first?  Curious. 

Silly question, maybe, but I was curious. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Dyeing shoes?

Can't you get them dyed at Shoes to Dye For?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Can I get them dyed if they're already dyed?  Is that a silly question?  I should just ask a cobbler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Oh, well I have no idea on that one, lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I would think you can, but since they are not stark white I imagine they will tell you the color might not come out exactly the way you want it. Maybe? Give it a whirl. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

You can get them re-dyed but the new color has to be sufficiently dark to cover the old color. you can dye them black for sure, I don't know about pink.  You should call SHoes to Dye For--they have great customer service, and I'm sure they can tell you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Sorry to be totally OT and take away from your post Goodness, but I looked at your photos again last night, Jasmine. And you are beautiful, like stunningly beautiful!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

In Response to Re: Dyeing shoes?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to be totally OT and take away from your post Goodness, but I looked at your photos again last night, Jasmine. And you are beautiful, like stunningly beautiful!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Oh, I wanna see, I wanna see.  Where are these photos?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

She sent them to me. She is seriously like, gorgeous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]You can get them re-dyed but the new color has to be sufficiently dark to cover the old color. you can dye them black for sure, I don't know about pink.  You should call SHoes to Dye For--they have great customer service, and I'm sure they can tell you.
    Posted by jasmine09[/QUOTE]

Jasmine, is that a picture of you in your avatar?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Embarassed oh I am seriously turning like 10 shades of pink here--you're making me blush peonie!  thank you

hi goodness--yes that is a wedding photo of me in my avatar.  I haven't posted the wedding photos on here yet, but maybe I will post a few. (I emailed the link to peonie.) I've been feeling a little shy to do that though, so they probably won't have identifiable pictures of me in them. :p 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I completely understand.  I wouldn't be able to do it, either.  I'll probably post some pictures after we're married, but none that will show my face or my hubby's (YAY) face.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I second asking a cobbler. I would think since they are dyed a very very light goldish color, pink might come out looking ever so slightly orange.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

sorry, just had to add: mmmm... cobbler...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]sorry, just had to add: mmmm... cobbler...
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Like peach!!!  Apple!!!  MMMM!!!  Hungry for sweets now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I second asking a cobbler. I would think since they are dyed a very very light goldish color, pink might come out looking ever so slightly orange.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

I think that's why I was asking.  My shoes are already a champagne color, and I was thinking of doing a bit darker pink (like the pinkish hue of my new avatar), but I was thinking it might not come out right.  Then, what?  Ha, ha.  I have to start with looking for new shoes all over again. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

You couldn't go wrong with green, if you wanted.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dyeing shoes? : I think that's why I was asking.  My shoes are already a champagne color, and I was thinking of doing a bit darker pink (like the pinkish hue of my new avatar), but I was thinking it might not come out right.  Then, what?  Ha, ha.  I have to start with looking for new shoes all over again. 
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Doesn't go with my color theme or my dress.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

That's too bad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I think if I opt for a darker shade of pink, it'll be fine.  It'll pick up the pink accents in my dress. 

I'll just check with the cobbler and see what he/she suggests.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I think the colored shoes is a totally cute idea, btw!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Hi Jasmine, I just had to add how beautiful you are. You are just stunning!

And COBLER SOUND DELISH right about now! My best friend and I are being total fatties tonight and going to Chinese buffet, so EXCITED! :) I LOVE SUMMER! I also love pigging out! It's ok, I went for an hour and a half run this morning...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

The first pair of bridal shoes I found, were perfect.  But, they were nearly a 5 inch heel, which isn't bad, but after standing in the shoes for 10 hours (at least), they'll hurt.  Plus, it'll make me eye to eye with my fiance on the day of.  I kept them, and I think I'll wear those to the rehearsal dinner.

My 2nd pair bridal shoes are beautiful, too.  They're only a 2 1/2 inch heel, very comfortable and stylish.  They're a champagne color, which I was just going to stick with, but I've been wanting to be bold with my shoes.  My purse is a champagne color, too.  I think I'll carry the purse more after the wedding as it's a beautiful clutch and the color will go with everything.  I can't wait to carry it, actually!! 

So, back to the shoes, I think if I get them dyed a deep pink, they'll look really pretty.  Not hot pink, but something between deep red and dark pink.  My wedding dress has a lot of pink in it, so the shoes will pick up some of that.  Plus, they'll be hidden, so it'll be nice to see them peeking out here and there.

Peonie, an hour and a half run - good for you!!  You're a trooper!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I would die in a 5 inch heal. My God, how do you do it? I can't wear anything higher than 2 inches.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I would die in a 5 inch heal. My God, how do you do it? I can't wear anything higher than 2 inches.
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not the tallest person in the world (5' 3"), so any height I get, I take it.  I won't wear those for hours on end, but for the rehearsal dinner, it'll be okay.  Just a few hours at a time, and I'm fine. 

I've just always been really comfortable in high heels.

Sections
Shortcuts