Fall River dress shops?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asimplecook. Show asimplecook's posts

Fall River dress shops?

Hello,

Has anyone tried their hand at the Fall River bridal shops?  There are a number out there, including Gilda's, Carmen, Alexandra's, and more, and I'm not sure I want to go to all of them given that it's a trek and I've already been to a number already (reaching the end of my patience!). My budget is under $1k and I've been to a number of the suggested shops on this board (M&T, Vows, Bride 'n Belle, David's).

It's so hard to tell with Yelp stories; just wanted to hear what you folks think about those shops, how they compare to other popular local places, and which is the best bet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Re: Fall River dress shops?

I would not recommend Alexandra's if your budget is under $1k. I went there this summer and they did have some beautiful dresses, but were not in the least bit concerned about my budget. They never even asked! All the dresses I tried on were much closer to the $2k mark and they flat out refused to help me try on any of the cheaper ones.
    I looked at Party Dress Express for BM dresses and they actually had a decent selection of wedding dresses too. I think they offer some deals on alterations too. I would recommend at least stopping by there.
    ETA: I got my dress from Helene's in East Providence. It's not far from FR and they do not charge sales tax in RI.