First fitting!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: First fitting!!!

Is that a question for me Goodness? 
    My last fitting is 4 weeks (and 2 days) before the wedding, although not 100% sure if it will be the last one.  If there is one more, it will be a few days later, so 3+ weeks before the wedding.  I need to bring mine to a cleaner to get it pressed, plus I always like to build in extra time to ease my stress :o)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

My wedding is in October.  I'm thinking of going for my first fitting (I have to call the seamstress) in late July early August.  I'm figuring that I will need to go 4 times to "get it right".  Then, my final fitting will be 2 weeks prior to my wedding.  I think that makes sense to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Just talked to my seamstress, and the fitting should only take one time.  I just talked to a friend of mine, too, who just got married, and she told me that no one should "have" to go too many times.  They're obvioulsy not doing a good job if you have to go back that many times. 

So, I will go in early August and then go to try it on when it's completed, and that should be it.  Enough time for my October wedding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Still not sure... are you talking to me?  You would have to have at least two fittings - one for getting pinned and one for trying it on to make sure it's right.  I guess that isn't technically a fitting, but either way at least two visits.  I'm going for my third next week.  She had to do a lot of work and we decided at the 2nd fitting that we should make it another half inch shorter.  The third should be the final.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I guess, I'm just throwing my thoughts out there to whomever answers or knows what I mean or asking. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]ajuly is right; you can build muscle and not go down a dress size, but to ensure you do, cut more calories (by increasing veggies and decreasing processed sugar and flour) and focus more on aerobics rather than weight training.  Down a dress size is all about fat loss, and that's all about burning more calories than you take in.  Period.  As far as how long you have to do this as an emergency post-last-fitting, it's up to the schedule of the seamstress, but I'm sure they'd fit you in pretty late if you lost more than 5 - 8 lbs since the last fitting.  Less than that won't be worth changing the dress for. ajuly, is Anahit a goddess, or what?  I can't wait to see pics of you in her work.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I can't wait either! haha  FYI I called to find out about the veil and it is about 275 for a mantilla veil.  That is really the going price for most of them in the shops. I may be going with just a plain veil after all!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My last fitting was 2 weeks before the wedding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

I just had mine this past weekend! It went great. I was a little worried, as I had a hem length issue - you could see my foot when I walked and I had already paid extra to have the lace hemmed to my height, but I wasnt wearing a petticoat when they measured me. 

Anyways - the dress shop lady hates feet poking out too, so we got along great. They are bringing down the lining of the dress 3/4 an inch, and that should work. it if doesnt, they are going to fix the petticoat fluffiness. 

I have lost some weight, so it needs to be taken in at the waist and bust, but not too much. I love my new veil and really felt like a bride! It's coming up quick!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

When is your big day?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

June 13
    I have my final fitting about 2-3 weeks before the wedding. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hey beags!  Where/when did you get the new veil?  Am I officially a stalker now?  I ordered two veils from etsy last week because I couldn't decide on one layer or two.  They are supposed to arrive on 4/26.  Can't wait!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Hi Fra!
    I ended up getting it at a bridal shop that I just popped into to see what they had.
    Found the perfect color, length and fullness I wanted and got a great price for it. No edging, no beading, nothing. My dress is beaded lace with a long dramatic train, so I didnt want to detract from it.
    Another bride ended up returning it, since she wanted something with a little more pizazz. So, it was way marked down and still in the bag from the designer! Worked out perfectly!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good deal!  I can't remember exactly what your review said about etsy/bellabridals, but I will let you know if mine turn out better!  I think you were mostly disappointed in how long it took to come in the mail?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

My review was mediocre, based mostly on my own fault! I did say it took a long time to come in the mail, but that had nothing to do with BellaBridals, just USPS. 

The veil was a great price and nicely made, but just wasn't exactly what I wanted. It was too poofy for my taste, I hate poof, and it didnt fall the way I expected it to.  Again, nothing to do with BellaBridals so much as I knew exactly what I wanted, tried to convey that online, and it didn't look exactly like I wanted.  
    I then decided it wasn't something I could order online, I had to go to a store! 

I still kept the other veil though, just in case!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

beags, I'm glad your hem length issue is worked out to your satisfaction!  That's a relief.  Congrats on the weight loss, too.  That helps "lengthen" the hem, too - your bum (apparently you're not allowed to say bu**) doesn't take up as much material.  LOL - guess how I know about THAT!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I'm glad you found exactly what you wanted- and a bargain, who doesn't love that?
    Smile

[QUOTE]My review was mediocre, based mostly on my own fault! I did say it took a long time to come in the mail, but that had nothing to do with BellaBridals, just USPS.  The veil was a great price and nicely made, but just wasn't exactly what I wanted. It was too poofy for my taste, I hate poof, and it didnt fall the way I expected it to.  Again, nothing to do with BellaBridals so much as I knew exactly what I wanted, tried to convey that online, and it didn't look exactly like I wanted.   I then decided it wasn't something I could order online, I had to go to a store!  I still kept the other veil though, just in case!
    Posted by ilovebeagles[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

[QUOTE]beags, I'm glad your hem length issue is worked out to your satisfaction!  That's a relief.  Congrats on the weight loss, too.  That helps "lengthen" the hem, too - your bum (apparently you're not allowed to say bu**) doesn't take up as much material.  LOL - guess how I know about THAT!!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Sadly Kar, I never had much of a bum to begin with! Lol. I havent been trying to lose weight at all, it is just happening. I am talking like 2-4 pounds here, nothing huge. I did hear it happens right before the wedding, due to stress?? Well, its true!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I still don't believe it Beags!!!!!!  If anything, I'll gain weight from eating Ben & Jerry's right before the wedding lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Bummerrrrrrrrrr!

My dress isn't done after all.  Well one is and one isn't.  It looked OK on the hanger, but once I put it on she decided the lining need to be adjusted underneath.  Then we decided to add more points for the bustle.  It will be done next week, which is fine timing wise...

But I am so sick of having appointments every night after work :o(

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Sorry to hear there's more work to be done.  Just think of how wonderful it will be when they are both perfect :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Hey FRAM, I have my first fitting with Chris next week for a July wedding.  How often have you had to go back?  I need a hem, bustle and the straps pulled up...

QUOTE]Bummerrrrrrrrrr! My dress isn't done after all.  Well one is and one isn't.  It looked OK on the hanger, but once I put it on she decided the lining need to be adjusted underneath.  Then we decided to add more points for the bustle.  It will be done next week, which is fine timing wise... But I am so sick of having appointments every night after work :o(
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]Hey FRAM, I have my first fitting with Chris next week for a July wedding.  How often have you had to go back?  I need a hem, bustle and the straps pulled up...
    Posted by luvRIboy[/QUOTE]

Hi LuvRIboy (never noticed that said RI before!!)

Tonight will be my 4th visit to see Chris.  My dress was shortened from the waist, which meant it had to be taken apart at the waist, then taken up, then taken in.  When I went for the second visit, I knew the dress would only be loosely sewn back together.  So I already knew it would be at least 3 visits.  When I went for the 3rd, it was obvious the dress needed a couple of tweaks to make it fall right but I wouldn't say it's a problem - it's not like Chris messed up or anything. 

Of course the fewer the visits the better, but I think for the work that needed to be done, my situation makes sense.  Tonight should be the REAL last fitting!  :o)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Grrrrrrrrr argh!  By the way, I have totally gone down a cup size!!!  I had to buy a strapless bra in addition to the cups she put in.  Otherwise, it just didn't look like what I'm used to.  I'll adjust to the new b cups after the wedding thank you very much!  Oh well, the alternative is being 12 lbs overweight, so I guess it's a good thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

[QUOTE]  Of course the fewer the visits the better, but I think for the work that needed to be done, my situation makes sense.  Tonight should be the REAL last fitting!  :o)
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

Hey Fra - how did it go?? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi tibird! 

Hmmmmm it went OK.  When I first put on the dress, I was upset because it seemed like the same issues from the week before were still there.  The bottom was still bunched up on one side for some reason.  Anyway, long story short she made some tweaks while I wore the gown and in the end I was happy. 

I was mentally writing a review in my head during the fitting and she went from a 5 out of 10 to a 7-7.5 haha.