Fitting worries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Fitting worries

taking it in is easy. letting it out is difficult. As long as it doesn't have a ton of beading and detail in the bodice, which you said it does not, then it should be fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fitting worries

Wedding dresses are designed to be altered successfully +/- 2 whole sizes. You'll be fabulous!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Fitting worries

Hi ladies,

My dress is due to arrive in the shop in late April for my mid-June wedding. I have been watching wedding shows (maybe a mistake, but I can't help myself!) and am now very worried that the dress is going to be way too big. They ordered the size according to my hip measurement, since the most fitted part of the dress is in the hip. Of course, me being built as I am, that is my biggest part. I've been going to the gym and think I've lost some weight, and now am worried about the dress.

Bottom line question: if they have to take the dress in like 2 sizes, can it still look as it is supposed to - have any of you had experience with this? It is pretty plain - no lace or beading except on hem and underlay.

Or should I call the store now and tell them my concerns to see if they recommend I do anything to the order before the dress actually comes in? (If there is even still time to alter the order).

Maybe I'm worrying for nothing, but... any advice is appreciated!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fitting worries

Letting it out would be hard for a regular garment, but wedding dresses are designed with more material everywhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Fitting worries

Thank you! So I got an email a couple of days ago... my dress is in NOW! Exciting, but a bit terrifying!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLLCK. Show LLLCK's posts

Fitting worries

Congrats on your weight loss and gym going!! Don't worry about taking your dress in, a good alterations place should have not problem with this. My sister in law wanted to wear her sister's beaded wedding dress and her sister is 3 sizes bigger, 5 inches taller and about 50 pounds heavier. My sister in law took the dress to Queenie's Tailors in Belmont and they did a wonderful job making it look like it was custom made for my sister in law. Good luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fitting worries

Good luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Fitting worries

Ok - I'm feeling better. Thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fitting worries

Woo hoo! It'll be GREAT, don't ruin the experience worrying! :)