Flower Girl Dresses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Flower Girl Dresses

I need some help finding two affordable flower girl dresses.  I had originally picked out a dress from David's Bridal which are basic but pretty. The dress is $80, which is going to be a problem for one of the flower girl's family.  If I thought they would let me buy the dress for her I would but I have a feeling they would insist on paying for it even though they can't afford it. 

So now I'm trying to find two dresses that are more reasonable, perhaps $50-60 at most.  Their approximate sizes are 2T and 6.  Any suggestions on places to look?  I was hoping for a plain white dress that I could add a sash to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Flower Girl Dresses

etsy has great stuff that's often made-to-order and totally customizable:
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23540319&ref=sr_gallery_12&&ga_search_query=flower+girl+dress&ga_search_type=&ga_page=9&order=price_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

We used My Angelic Kids for my nieces FG dress.  They have a ton of options and the dresses are really cute and affordable (all under $50).  My sister ended up ordering a Christmas and Easter dress for her too. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

When is the wedding? Can you wait for Easter dresses to go on sale?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

The wedding is May 15th so theoretically I could wait for Easter Dresses. 

I just found a few flower girl dresses at JC Penney.  They are on sale for $35!! I'm hoping to take the girls and try them on soon.  But any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayanl5. Show mayanl5's posts

You could try ebay. We got 5 five dresses back in 2004 for about $50 each I believe. ebay is great for a lot of other wedding related items too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

We got our flower girl dress off of amazon for $30!!   It is just like the one that I saw in Jcrew, but for 1/4 of the price.  We added a homemade sash, but I know you can buy them on Amazon as well.  

The designer was Sophia's style i believe and the dresses come in 2T-14, so it would work for sizes.  Amazon is also great for returns, so it would be less scary than ordering from Ebay and not being able to return it.   The dress was excellent quality.  

THis link is in a very similar style (we did an ivory) 

You can see the dress in my photos if you click on my name and scroll through my album. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Found the link to the exact dress:   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from corsetkitty. Show corsetkitty's posts

Just buy some easter dresses after easter.  My flower girl's parents paid 25 dollars for hers.

And seriously?  The flower girl in bridal white with a sash?  CREEPY.  Put them in something appropriate and cute.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's been fashionable and appropriate for years now to put the flower girl in a bridal-type dress.  Not sure why; I like the idea of just a nice Easter-type dress, too, but to say it's inappropriate isn't really fair.

Gosh, I should have posted this when we needed a dress.  We paid $114 for my brother's daughter's dress when we decided kind of last minute to have a ring bearer and flower girl.  :(  Oh, well, what can ya do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I guess I have been to inappropriate weddings then. I'd say 90% of them had the FG in a white dress.  To each their own.
     If the OP wants a different color, then she can search for it, its up to her what color she gets.  I was merely showing how cheap the dresses are. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bimmergal. Show bimmergal's posts

Try the thrift shops- chances are the dresses were worn only once like wedding gowns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdgjp. Show kdgjp's posts

Try calling shops for discontinued dresses. We found one that was $150.00 that the shop sold us for $25.00 because it was discontinued by the manufacturer and the shop felt they wouldnt be able to sell it.
    As far as a flower girl wearing a white dress - GO FOR IT. wE ADDED A BLACK SASH because this was a black and white wedding . it was great!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions.  We are going to check out JC Penney next weekend with both girls.  If those don't work out I will definitely be using the links provided. 

AJuly - those dresses are exactly what I'm looking for.  I don't want them to look like miniature brides but I don't see anything wrong with a simple white dress and a sash that matches the bridesmaids.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from smsalty. Show smsalty's posts

I thought I would add that my mom calls me every weekend from Lord & Taylor they have had some great deals recently on white and ivory dresses that could easily have a colored sash put on them to match the wedding party if you wanted to.... my mom would love for you to go buy a couple since I haven't yet and it's driving her nuts!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elifazeeka. Show Elifazeeka's posts

Burlington Coat Factory...this is where I got my niece's for my wedding.  $25!  Can't beat it.  They have a pretty good selection too.  Best of Luck!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeganAnn. Show MeganAnn's posts

TJ Maxx and Marshalls always have cute little girl dresses that could easily be flower girl material. My cousin found so many cute dress at TJMaxx last summer that her neices could have worn in her wedding. Laura Ashley won out, but Lily Pulitzer and Vineyard Vines were close runners up. The dresses were $24.00 each. In another month or so first communion and confirmation dresses will be out and they can easily double as flower girl dresses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3877629. Show user_3877629's posts

My daughter has been a flower girl four times (and number five is coming up this summer).  The most affordable dress she has worn was from www.flowergirldressesforless.com. They have oodles of dresses for less than $50. The one she wore is still in her dress up bin and has held up beautifully. 

Good luck and congratulations on your engagement.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Conjcerning the flower girls in white - in very formal weddings in England, all the bridesmaids are under 12, usually, and they all wear white. For example, this is Princess Diana, the Queen, and the bridesmaids.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I would dare say that I'm loudly non-conformist, but I don't see anything wrong with a white dress on a flower girl, if that's what you want.
    A white lacy dress does not a Jon Benet Ramsey make. That involves 5 pounds of makeup and 2 cans of aquanet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Donaldclifton. Show Donaldclifton's posts

Hi
    Why not you prefer ebay, a lest you may have idea about the cost,

http://www.myweddinggownpreservation.com

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

Check out TJ Maxx and Marshall's for cute Easter and Holy Communion dresses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I have to admit, I find white flower girl dresses creepy, but I have been forever scarred by dozens of 8 year old girls in all white "Bride of Christ" dresses for their first Communion.  I find those dresses creepy, too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

my flower girls had white eyelet lace sundresses with blue and green sashes and white sandals, they were adorable but I don't know where the dresses came from, their mom picked them out out of state after I described what I wanted.   fwiw my bridesmaides all wore white cotton sheathes so I don't think whites creepy at all

Sections
Shortcuts