For all of you who recommended Marry and Tux...........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

For all of you who recommended Marry and Tux...........

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    I just got home and had the most wonderful experience there!! I even think I found the one. Can you really find the one on your second time out? It was an Alfred Angelo dress I was eyeing and they just happened to have it there AND happened to have a picture of it on their website, so I posted it on this thread! It is between two dresses. A Maggie and an Alfred Angelo. Both have pick-ups, which I LOVE!

Anyway, thank you for recommending this shop. They were wonderful and made it so enjoyable. I think I tried on at least 20 gowns, and they didn't once act annoyed. They made me feel beautiful and I can not wait to get married now!! I still have an appointment with PM and Hillarys, but I might have found the one :)

I would get the sash in an off-white. I think I walked around in this dress for 20 minutes, haha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: For all of you who recommended Marry and Tux...........

Gorgeous! SO glad you had a sucessful and good experience!!

FWIW, I found "the dress" my 1st time out, 1st dress I tried on. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Pink, I remember you mentioning that! I guess when you know you know!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Glad you had a good time.

I second Pink. I got my dress the first trip out.  It was the first dress I tried on. My entire gown shopping experience lasted a total of 30 minutes.  lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Yep, first time for me too. Third dress, although the first two were picked by the consultant. "the" dress was on display when we walked in and both my mom and I had a good feeling about it.

Anyway, glad you had fun and congrats on finding a dress! :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I just got home and had the most wonderful experience there!! I even think I found the one. Can you really find the one on your second time out? It was an Alfred Angelo dress I was eyeing and they just happened to have it there AND happened to have a picture of it on their website, so I posted it on this thread! It is between two dresses. A Maggie and an Alfred Angelo. Both have pick-ups, which I LOVE! Anyway, thank you for recommending this shop. They were wonderful and made it so enjoyable. I think I tried on at least 20 gowns, and they didn't once act annoyed. They made me feel beautiful and I can not wait to get married now!! I still have an appointment with PM and Hillarys, but I might have found the one :) I would get the sash in an off-white. I think I walked around in this dress for 20 minutes, haha.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

That is a beautiful, beautiful dress!!  I love the pick-ups and the sash. 

And, like Pink, I found my dress on my first day out, and it was the first dress I put on. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Liz, that dress is beautiful!!!  I love it!

And like most of the previous posters, my dress was the first one I tried on the first day out.  When you know, you know!  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW!!  Congratulations and it's a relief to hear you had the fabulous time you deserve.

Of course, you can find THE ONE on your second trip!  I found mine on my first, but I didn't purchase it until I went and looked at a bunch again.  No regrets at all, and I know you won't either.

One suggestion, Liz, see if you can order the sash separately (in case you don't care for how the off white looks with white), OR if they will send you material samples so you can see the white and the off white together before you order.

Can't wait to see your wedding photo of YOU in THE dress!  Soon enough the big day will be upon you. :)

~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I am so glad you had a good experience.  I did recommend M&T and the were my second dress shop :)  And my dress was the in the middle of the group I tried on but I knew it was the one but I tried on a few afterwards. 

I wouldn't worry about finding it so soon if you love it you love it and that is awesome.  If you want to try on more go ahead but don't feel like you have to.  I think in total I tried on about 15 dresses between the two stores.  I did get questions from other people asking why I didn't keep trying stuff on and I figured if I was happy why subject myself to the unknown where I could get a horrible sales person and why be dissapointed that future dresses would dissapoint me.

Enjoy your experience regardless of if it stops here with the dress or if you continue searching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Kar, great suggestion! I would order the dress in ivory, and the sash comes in the same exact color as the dress, so I know it would match. Also the beeding you see is gold, but I would order the beeding in ivory as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I got my dress on my first time out too. It was actually the second dress I tried on, but I tried on a bunch more just in case.

I went to M&T and found that dress, but had an appt with David's down the street after M&T. David's was a world of pain and I couldn't wait to get out of there and back to M&T to buy my dress. (At David's, I gave her photos and said: definitely strapless, no ginormous ballgowns. What did she bring out? ONLY ginormous ballgowns and heavy straps. I kept saying *definitely not anything like this!* and she wasn't getting it.)

They have petticoats and undergarments at M&T too and will help you find the right stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Thanks Whirled...I think the one thing I am not looking forward to is finding the right undergarment. I am very chesty and am dreading finding a strapless undergarment that will be comfortable. I avoid strapless bras at ALL cost!! I never wear tube tops or strapless dresses unless I absolutely have to, so hopefully they can find something for me that will be super comfortable and something I can dance the night away in without me pulling it up constantly!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Sept2010Bride, try to find a strapless bra that has a corset, too.  That might work better for you.  It will keep everything in place, and also smooth out the middle and help your dress lay nicely.  That's what I'm using. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

YEah, that is what I have heard, and this is Liz btw ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I knew it was you, silly! 

Just get one of those bras.  You'll feel more comfortable all day in it as opposed to a plain strapless bra.  Mine also has boning in it that helps it stay in place.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

oh, haha...sorry. Yeah...I am def going to have them fit me for something that will make me look and feel comfy!