Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Good Seamstress in Andover area?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Good Seamstress in Andover area?

Hi Ladies,

As I posted previously, I got my dress at Madeleine's Daughter in Poortsmouth, NH - which is just too far to drive back and forth for alterations.  By the time the dress is ready I will be living in Ayer, MA, and I work in Andover, MA.  I figure a seamstress close to work will probably be most convenient. 

So, to get to my question, does anyone have any experience with a good bridal gown seamstress/tailor near Andover, MA?  Also, not looking to spend a fortune, but I will need a hem, bustle, and the bodice fitted.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Re: Good Seamstress in Andover area?

In Danvers, Christina at Pins and Needles does a great job.  Also highly recommended Faye Carraher (not sure on spelling) out of Chelmsford/Billerica.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TammieMarie. Show TammieMarie's posts

Re: Good Seamstress in Andover area?

Try Shaban's on Chestnut Street in Andover.  He does wonderful work and is priced fairly.  His shop is next to Hometown Seafoods.

Sections
Shortcuts