Had my first fitting this weekend!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Had my first fitting this weekend!

I just had to share!  After what seemed like an eternity, my dress finally came in!  I had my first fitting on Saturday, and I'm even more in love with the dress than I was when I first tried the sample on.  It felt so great to finally put on MY dress!  I have two more fittings left before the wedding, and I just can't believe how quickly it's coming up.

And here is my dress.  It's the Victoriana by Maggie Sottero:
    www.mariposabride.com/images/gallery/ball/Sottero_Victoriana.gif" alt="" />

I am, however, doing without the feathers in the hair.  Smile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Had my first fitting this weekend!

Beautiful!!! Is it heavy?? It looks heavy!! A lot of the Maggie dresses I tried on felt so heavy to me. What color did you order it in?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

It's actually not nearly as heavy as it looks!  I was surprised at how comfortable I felt in it.  And the combination of a drop waist and corset back won't let me do anything but sit up nice and straight all day!  :)

I got the dress in ivory, and it's gorgeous.  It's a very light ivory, so it looks close to white.  And it matches my $15 eBay veil perfectly!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Yay :) I am so happy for you!! I am going to Hillarys on Friday, but I reaaalllyy like that Alfred Angelo I posted; I even had a dream about it last night, and my friend Jamie who is one of my BM's is letting me borrow her gorgeous veil so that can be my "something borrowed"!

You better post pictures of you! What color are you BM's dresses?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Thanks Liz!  :)  It sounds to me like you're sold on that Alfred Angelo gown.  It's absolutely gorgeous so I think you're making a great choice if you go with that one.  Even if you don't see anything you like at Hillary's, I think you'll really like the salespeople there.  Susan and Mary are fabulous!

I'll definitely post pictures after the wedding!  I have an MOH, junior bridesmaid, and flower girl.  MOH and JB are wearing black dresses.  I told MOH to pick her dress, so she got a gorgeous long black chiffon dress at David's Bridal.  I bought JB's dress at JC Penney for $30...it's a tea length black chiffon that matches MOH's perfectly!  The flower girl is wearing a cute little pink frilly dress that I got at Marshall's for $25.  They're all going to look amazing!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ohhh, cute!! I can't wait to see pictures! I was originally going to go with slate blue BM dresses, but now I am thinking a dusty rose color. I have changed my mind 5 thousand times about the color of my BM dresses. But I have over a year to make up my mind, haha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

What color flowers would you do with a dusty rose dress?  I know you liked the blue dresses with yellow flowers before.

Yes, you definitely have plenty of time to figure it all out.  You'll probably change your mind many more times too!  I just went with black dresses because it was easy.  I figured my MOH could pick out a black dress that she could actually wear again (the color was the only thing I decided for her).  Plus I've always loved black, white, and pink together, so we're going with bright pink, light pink, and white flowers.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Well, I found this gorgeous bouquet...I'll post a picture.

Whoa, that is huge. Anyway...I love pink and green AND blue and yellow. My FI says he likes both, so I am like "wow you are a big help, haha" I will ask my girls their opinions. But Davids Bridal has a nice pink and a nice blue and the girls could just pick their own style.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

That bouquet is beautiful!  The colors are similar to the ones I picked...bright pink, light pink and white peonies.

And don't expect your FI to have much input on flowers, decorations, attire, etc.  All my FI cared about was the food.  He has not given input on ANYTHING other than our dinner choices.  At least yours tells you he likes both when asked; my FI's only response is "I dunno."  LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

you must be so excited!!!! The dress is beutiful!!!! congrats... don't forget to share pics!!!!

Staci

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I looooooooooooooooooove peonies, but they may be a little out of my budget :(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]I looooooooooooooooooove peonies, but they may be a little out of my budget :(
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Remember before I say this that I know NOTHING about flowers, but aren't peonies cheaper than roses?  I was looking at roses at first, but then I saw a picture of a bouquet of peonies in my colors that I loved.  Again, I'm flower ignorant, so I may have just asked the stupidest question ever.

My MIL is paying for the flowers and told me I can have whatever I want, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem either way...  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

No way... I could be so wrong, but peonies are one of the MOST expensive flowers, you are a very lucky girl! :)
    Do you mind me asking who your florist is? My mother and I are toying with doing our bouquets ourselves...but we are still going to meet with some florist to see what prices they can give us, because we don't need any centerpieces.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Haha, I did my research after I asked that question, and WOW, they are expensive!  I'll have to get a quote before I order anything just to make sure I don't give my MIL a heart attack!  LOL!

We're actually using Roche Bros. to do our flowers.  Their prices are awesome...I think their most expensive package is around $400.  If you're looking to save some money on flowers, grocery stores are the way to go.  In my opinion, they do just as good a job as any florist. 

We're not ordering centerpieces through the florist either.  My mom put together some awesome centerpieces with hurricane lamps, battery operated votives, and colored stones...all from the Christmas Tree Shop and insanely cheap!  What are you using for centerpieces?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

We are very lucky in that our reception venue offers one dozen roses in ANY color we want on each table included in our package! This is one of the many reasons we chose the place we did. A dozen roses is not a lot all smushed together, but at the end of the day, no one cares about whats in the middle of the table....and I get to pick any color rose I want...so I was happy about that. This is what it will look like, although I will have it in either yellow or pink roses...whatever color theme I end up going with.

AND....hurricane lamps are beautiful....flowers are sort of out nowadays for centerpieces. I was thinking of just doing candles, but if they are offering me the flowers in my package, I thought, why not?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I love those centerpieces; they're gorgeous!  I like that they're short...sometimes you can't see across the table when people have those really big centerpieces.  I agree though; if they offer them as part of the package then take them!  One less thing to worry about.  :)