HELP Alterations for bridesmaid dresses for 10/16

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

HELP Alterations for bridesmaid dresses for 10/16

My fellow bridesmaids and I went to pick up our dresses at the bridal salon yesterday and it was bad news. Three dresses, three problems. One of them hadn't been touched in the two weeks since our previous fitting. They didn't have the girl in the book so they didn't do it, even though we all made appointments at the same time. One of the dresses was too big last time, so they pinned it and said they would take it in. It was even bigger this time, falling off the girl when she raised her arms. My hem was too long, the hips of the dress had been taken in, even though I didn't need that done, and any seam that had been adjusted was not straight. The dresses were all wrinkled and a mess. After a twenty minute conversation with the alterations manager, we walked out, all three dresses in hand. We were not confident they could fix the dresses, so we decided to leave with them, mistakes and all. Agggh

So now we need someone to fix them before October 16th, Wedding Day. We need to make a plan fast so we can keep the bride calm. Any suggestions for a place within a thirty minute drive of Worcester? We've already paid for alterations, so price is a concern, as we'll be paying someone to fix what the bridal salon screwed up.

Also, should I call and speak to the owner? let it go and move on?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Re: HELP Alterations for bridesmaid dresses for 10/16

How did you pay for your alteratinos?  Was it on a credit or debit card?  If so, dispute the charges.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I would definitely call to follow up with the owner - that is awful!!
    Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for the Worcester area.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I don't have any suggestions for places since I live in the boston area, but I would NOT pay for those alterations. I would talk to the manager and get your money back asap!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Summer2010. Show Summer2010's posts

If you are willing to drive to Boston I highly highly recommend Newbury Tailoring Company.  They are awesome and have often done things for me same day or in a couple of days. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

Thanks for the suggestions! I think we found two places that can help us in time.

We paid $30 each back in February when we ordered the dresses. I wish now that I had left a balance instead of paying in full. ugh.

I am still furious. I haven't called to speak to the owner, but I will. I'm a little worried because they have the bride's dress and have already made several alteration mistakes on it, so I don't want to make her's come out worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonman1. Show bostonman1's posts

Just pay it and be quiet. Remember, as a bridesmaid you'll probably be getting laid after the wedding, so figure it as payment.

Sections
Shortcuts