HELP-how to hide or secure bra straps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

HELP-how to hide or secure bra straps

hey y'all. a few of my bm's have expressed wanting to wear bra's with their dresses. i'm looking for a way to secure straps from staying connected to the dress..what's the best way other than safety pins?

I don't want the straps to show or the back of the bra. what do you suggest?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: HELP-how to hide or secure bra straps

How is the dress cut?  Strapless? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

If they're sleeveless, but not strapless, there is an option.

One of my bridesmaids had her seamstress add little loops on the inside of the straps of her dress, and she would secure her bra straps in those loops. 

HTH!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

My MOH wore one of those strapless bras that stick right on the b00bs at my wedding.  She's got DD's and she was totally comfortable and looked great.  You can get them at Target pretty cheap, I think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We need photos of the back and front of the dress.

The key is generally not hiding or securing the bra straps, but instead purchasing a bra that is naturally, by its strap design, out of sight.  Anything else will probably come undone and be seen or at least have your BMs tugging and stuffing in the straps all night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

having trouble posting a picture. it is a v-neckline and same with the back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

then goodness's suggestion of loops sewn into the dress might work, or are we talking about the bra band? For that you might have to use saftey pins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I used Hollywood Fashion on myself at my wedding and it worked awesome.  Kept my dress in place all day.

http://www.hollywoodfashiontape.com/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: HELP-how to hide or secure bra straps:

My MOH wore one of those strapless bras that stick right on the b00bs at my wedding.  She's got DD's and she was totally comfortable and looked great.  You can get them at Target pretty cheap, I think.
    Posted by kmt09

Thanks KMT!  I'm going to check out Target for a wedding I have this weekend.  I assumed that kind of thing would need to be purchased at VS for an outrageous price.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Posted by kmt09

Those don't stick to your boobs.  I bought one, and it slid down so far I looked like I had four of them.  I think I was a B at the time.  Maybe they work better under a tight dress?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

LOL Now I must thank you Lucy!  Given that my b00bs have shrunk, this dress is definitely not tight.  I'll check it out anyway since I'm going to Target tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: HELP-how to hide or secure bra straps : Those don't stick to your boobs.  I bought one, and it slid down so far I looked like I had four of them.  I think I was a B at the time.  Maybe they work better under a tight dress?
    Posted by lucy7368

I had the same trouble with them.  The dress has to hold them on or they just don't stick.  They look good, though, if your dress is capable of keeping them in place.

ETA:  They also work really well in anything that has a built in shelf bra, like some tank tops.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

I've used the fashion tape before and that works well for the straps. Probably going to have to use a safety pin for the band part.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I got the wedding kit from their website...it came with different sized pieces.  I secured the bust of my dress to my bra and it stayed secure all day.  My dress had a low back, so I used some of the larger pieces to secure the sides of my dress to my skin...that stayed all day too, except I forgot about it when I took my dress off and it hurt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Where else can you get the double sided tape?  Michael's?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Posted by framerican51008

You might be able to get it there...you can get it at Amazon and online :)  depending on how quickly you need it.  I have also gotten it a Joann Fabric and Target.  Target was a couple of weeks ago it was a random find to be honest.

I have used the brands "fashion tape" and "Hollywood tape" I haven't been able to tell the difference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toffee. Show Toffee's posts

Posted by framerican51008

Anywhere!  I used tons of it for DIY projects - anywhere regular tape is sold...Mine was Scotch brand. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall09bride. Show Fall09bride's posts

My seamstress sewed snaps to the outside of my bra and to the inside of the dress. It feels very secure.

Sections
Shortcuts