Help! I'm totally FREAKING out!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Re: Help! I'm totally FREAKING out!

Awesome!!  I think this is the avenue I need to take.  A question though, how would a gown be lengthend?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'm not sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Is there any kind of a hem on the dress at all?  It doesn't sound like it, but if so they should be able to let it down.
    It must have been shortened already if your feet show even in those flats?  Alterations can be so frustrating!
    P.S. I know Chris O'Hare has received good reviews on here, but I personally do NOT recommend her.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

In Response to Re: Help! I'm totally FREAKING out!:
    where could I find a bustier or corset for a nearly backless dress?
    Posted by teeny331

Your dress is gorgeous!! 

Have you tried Lady Grace for undergarments?  They have a pretty big selection  all types of foundation garments, including strapless, backless corsets, etc.  They also have lots of sizes, so they are great for any size "endowment"...  I know that they are in Brookline, but also have other locations  (Waltham, Braintree, and others, not sure where...)

Hope this helps!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wedding dresses often are not lengthened at the hem because of things like the lace you have on yours.  I think they can be taken apart at the waist (or somewhere else) sometimes and let out there.  If anyone knows, though, it's Anahit. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Anahit is not retired (well, I hope not, because she has my dress!), but she might now only work with dresses purchased at Vows....  Definitely worth a call, though. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't think she's associated with VOWS anymore (in years past she actually worked for VOWS), but she told me in 2008 that in 2009 she was planning to slash her business by about 1/2 in preparation for retirement.  Not sure if she ever did reduce her workload, though.  Don't worry, if she has your gown, she's working on it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrabulous. Show scrabulous's posts

I have my first appointment with Anahit tomorrow, so she's definitely still around, and my dress isn't from Vows.  She asked me if it was, though. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, good!  Teeny, PLEASE, take your dress to Anahit no matter how far away it is.  She works miracles with every dress; she's truly gifted, not just talented.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's funny, Chris also told me she is going to cut back... and that she has been saying that for years.  It must be really hard for seamstresses to say no to brides!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I guess so.  It's in Anahit's blood for sure.  I wondered if she could "cut back" when she told me that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Teeny- question about the length..you tried on the dress in the petite and it was the right length correct?  Then when you got your dress, shouldn't  it have been the correct length?  If this is what happened, it sounds like David's should be responsible for ordering you another dress, it should not be your problem... i may have miss understood though. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I second Lady Grace for undergarments. They have a huge store in Woburn by the train station. The people who work there must get a ton of training because everyone is so knowledgable!

If it makes you feel better, I'm having a little buyers remorse with my dress, but I think I'm just uncomfortable with the whole experience of the big poofy dress and the all-eyes-on-me thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lady Grace rocks - all my bras are from there, and, unlike at VS, the staff really does know how to measure you properly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

I did try the Lady Grace in Danvers, after searching both nearby malls with no luck.  The saleswoman was very helpful, but all she could offer me was a bra extender that wraps around your waist to create a v-back with any bra.  Well that gave me rolls were I didn't have them.  I ended up ordering a bunch online.  I ordered all different styles/products from HerRoom.  None of them fit properly and/or would go with my dress.  I also ordered from JCPenney and stuck with the bra I bought there.  It's by Va Bien and was the most affordable and comfortable.

ajuly, when I first tried on the dress, the sample, the length seemed perfect, but I was also barefoot.  The sandals that I bought are as flat as you can get, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Do any of you think that if I wore a petty coat underneath my dress, that it would help camouflage my toes?  I'm not really concerned about it during the reception as much as I am about the ceremony. 

Or, if any of you know where I can find pointy-toe flats....in white...

=)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Actually, a petticoat will make it worse because it will draw up your dress to accomodate the extra poof underneath.  UNLESS, your petticoat hangs below the hem of your dress doing the job of covering your toes itself.

P.S.  Here are white, pointy, flat shoes from Zappos; the Pliners aren't cheap, but a lot less than another dress.  The Romantic Soles are only $65, but you might not like the rose detail.

Pliners
    Romantic Soles

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Teeny, ajuly is right.  It doesn't make any sense if the dress you tried on was the right length, and the one they gave you is too short.  Those sandals you got are flat - they shouldn't affect the length of the dress at all.  See if DB will order you another one, if there's still time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Lucy and AJuly, you're both probably right, but that makes me so nervous.  What if I wasn't paying attention to that when I initially tried it on?  What if it's my fault?  I have to search through my pictures to see, but I am pretty sure that I couldn't see my toes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

the sample:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That clearly covers your toes since it's actually dragging on the floor and would in any flat (up to 1/3") shoes.  If you go the route suggested, go in confident.  Hesitation and apologies will NOT get you a new dress.

I added a couple of links to flat, white shoes to my post above, btw.  I got my wedding shoes on Zappos - great return policy (which I used a couple of times), and the reviews are very helpful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Wow, are you sure the sample was petite?  Maybe they told you to order a petite by accident.  That dress is definitely longer.  I second what Kar says: go in confident, knowing that you are right and they made a mistake.  Talk to the manager.  Be polite, but be firm that you are unhappy and you want them to get you a new dress.

Oh, and I also don't think a petticoat will solve your problem.  That dress doesn't really need one (since it is so slim).  Although you could do a slip with a lace edge on the bottom that peeks out below the dress and covers your toes. However, that would be a total last resort if they won't get you or if there isn't enough time to order a new dress.  But David's dresses usually come in pretty fast I think, or they can get it from another store that might have it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

this is the regular size sample, in ivory...I'm wearing 3inch heels with this dress.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Now, my next appointment to see my dress isn't until mid-May, should I wait until then or try to get in sooner?  My wedding isn't until September, and their dresses to come in pretty quick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Seriously?  And you didn't go right to the manager when you tried it on in FLATS and could see your toes and having them order a new one?  I'm confused.