Help! I'm totally FREAKING out!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Help! I'm totally FREAKING out!

the sooner the better, you don't want to have to worry about it for any longer than you have to.

one question- did you notice the length isue after the dress had been bustled? gathering up the skirt ibn the back may be making it shorter in the front.
    and can you see your toes standing still, or when you walk? It's normal for the toes to be visible when walking in the dress, as you don't want to trip on the skirt and fall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Kar, I know, you're right.  That's why I'm freaking out.  I should have done something then and there.  The seamstress said she would fix the left side of the hem because it was crooked.  I needed to make another appointment to have more work done.  That's not until May.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

here's a picture of me walking in my dress from David's, which has a similar skirt shape to yours, do you see how my feet peek out when I walked? If the skirt were any longer, it would have been too long and I would have tripped all over it, but when I stood still, you couldn't see my feet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Pink, those are good questions.  It's def shorter with the bustle, so I took it down to check and it's still pretty short.  Now it's not like an inch too short, but you can see my toes standing still, and esp when walking, but I understand that part of it.  It kind of just hovers on top of my toes.

The length of your dress is perfect, mine does not look like that when I walk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My seamstress did my hem first then my bustle - the front of my dress was 100% unaffected.  That's not to say that every bustle and every hem would behave the same way, but it seems very unlikely to me that the bustle would have that effect.  And, if it were going to, they should have known and left the necessary length in the front to accomodate the bustle.

Pink is right - you should be able to see your toes when you walk or you'll trip on the dress.  If you see them while you are standing still, though, it's too short.

May?  When is the wedding, again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Well, they weren't supposed to shorten my hem, and they didn't mention anything about shortening it. 

The wedding is in September.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

okay, I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.

when the petite dress first came in and you tried it on, was it the proper length?
    did they take the waist in at all? maybe if they altered the bodice it affected the length of the skirt?

I know I had to ask specifically for my skirt to be left a little longer than the seam stress would have initially hemmed it. She warned me that it might get really dirty from dragging, but I told her my wedding was indoors, so I wasn't worried about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd try to get things going on fixing this before May.  If you end up needing a new dress and starting completely over 4 months isn't a long time to do that especially given that the second time around might not go 100% smoothly, either.

(LOVE your dress, Pinkkittie - that's a great shot of it, too.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

(thanks Kar! simple and timeless is really what I was going for)

In Response to Re: Help! I'm totally FREAKING out!:
    I'd try to get things going on fixing this before May.  If you end up needing a new dress and starting completely over 4 months isn't a long time to do that especially given that the second time around might not go 100% smoothly, either. (LOVE your dress, Pinkkittie - that's a great shot of it, too.)
    Posted by kargiver

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

I don't remember how the length was in the initial try-on, but I didn't have my shoes then either.  I wish I took pictures at every stage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They sound like bumbling idiots.  You can try on dresses initially in any old shoes, but you should never have a true fitting without the shoes you will be wearing on your wedding day on your feet.  It's not up to the BRIDE to know this; they need to be told.  Anahit insisted I come to my first fitting with the shoes I'd be wearing for the wedding and said if I didn't she would have to reschedule.

Sections
Shortcuts