Hosiery conundrum...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Hosiery conundrum...

Why not just get a cotton shoe liner? I wear them w/ all my dress shoes if I'm wearing pants and it's a closed toe shoe. HUE makes them. It looks like a little sock, but it's not visible outside the confines of the shoe if you line it up correctly.  It takes care of the foot sweating/slipping issue  but you don't have to deal w/ hose.  GL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've worn thigh highs and don't like them.  I found them to be as uncomfortable as you're imagining.  I'd wear knee highs - he's going to find you super sexy no matter what you choose. ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I only wear thigh highs.  For some reason, nothing makes me feel as unattractive as panty hose.  Victoria's Secret makes some that stay up on their own - honestly, they work really well the first couple of times you wear them, and that's it.  So, for one day, they'd be fine.  They're just not that reusable, unless you get garters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I know it is fall and not as warm as summer, but you will be very hot in your dress, esp. if you are dancing. I would stray far far away from hose. That is just my opinion.  They do have those little slip on nylon socks that I buy to wear with flats and you can't see them. Try DSW, or even target. (prob the same thing ALF was mentioning) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I have worn stay-up thigh highs and I found them to be very comfortable. Since it's your wedding, spend the extra money on a nice sheer silk pair. Err on the larger side when it comes to reading the sizing chart. Silk stockings breathe much better than synthetic ones, and you won't feel hot in them at all.

I recommend stockingirl.com or you can visit the Agent Provocature store online or on Newbury Street

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

I also love thigh highs, but have never worn a garter. VS does have some great ones that stay up on their own, but if they are sold out etc (I've seen this happen) try www.stockinggirl.com There might only be one 'g', I can't recall. They have a great selection of stay up thigh highs and are very nice quality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Hosiery conundrum...:
    [QUOTE]I also love thigh highs, but have never worn a garter. VS does have some great ones that stay up on their own, but if they are sold out etc (I've seen this happen) try www.stockinggirl.com There might only be one 'g', I can't recall. They have a great selection of stay up thigh highs and are very nice quality.
    Posted by MissWolff[/QUOTE]

great minds think alike! and, yes, it's just one "g"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Not to hijack.  I'm getting married in February in peep toed shoes.  I want to wear hose, but it will look odd over the toes.  I heard they make toeless hose.  Anyone know where to get these?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]Not to hijack.  I'm getting married in February in peep toed shoes.  I want to wear hose, but it will look odd over the toes.  I heard they make toeless hose.  Anyone know where to get these?
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

You can get them in any dept store. I know Macy's has them b/c I've gotten them  there.  Hanes makes them as well.  I wear these all the  time w/ peep toed shoes.  Google toeless nylons and you'll get a bunch of hits. I hate anything between my toes [can't wear a thong sandal] but these are doable [in  case you didn't know, they aren't really completely open at the toe; there is a thong that goes between your big toe and the next one to keep it in place. 

The sock/liner thing I'm talking about is what ajuly mentioned.

I've worn thigh highs. I found them annoying. I only ended up getting them b/c I really needed a pair of nylons [b/c I put my thumb though my last clean pair] and CVS only had thigh high ones.  They were the kind that stay up on their own.  I would find a garter annoying, but that's just me. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks ALF I will look for these.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hosiery conundrum... : You can get them in any dept store. I know Macy's has them b/c I've gotten them  there.  Hanes makes them as well.  I wear these all the  time w/ peep toed shoes.  Google toeless nylons and you'll get a bunch of hits. I hate anything between my toes [can't wear a thong sandal] but these are doable [in  case you didn't know, they aren't really completely open at the toe; there is a thong that goes between your big toe and the next one to keep it in place.  The sock/liner thing I'm talking about is what ajuly mentioned. I've worn thigh highs. I found them annoying. I only ended up getting them b/c I really needed a pair of nylons [b/c I put my thumb though my last clean pair] and CVS only had thigh high ones.  They were the kind that stay up on their own.  I would find a garter annoying, but that's just me. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

when it comes to stay-up thigh highs, you need to go for quality. the ones at CVS are total junk and aren't comfortable at all. I had a pair of calvin klien thigh highs I bought at Macy's and they were worth the $20 I paid for them. Very comfortable, and they lasted two years before getting a pull in them. but I still would recommend silk to wear under a wedding gown, as they'll breathe much better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Word of advice - if getting the ones that stay up by themselves, buy two pairs - so you can wear a pair for a few hours before the big day.  I am allergic to the rubberry stuff that holds them up (which is strange, as I have no reaction to anything else other than cats! And this is the only rubber/latex that also seems to affect me) - so the two times I have tried wearing stay ups, I end up with itchy red rings around my thighs.... and that would be a total passion killer on the wedding night!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonman1. Show bostonman1's posts

Something crotchless, thigh highs, or garter belts.
    Panty hose are for chubby soccer moms to be.