I bought my dress, and I love it so much, I have to show it off;)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I bought my dress, and I love it so much, I have to show it off;)

I bought my dress yesterday afternoon :) I love love love love love love it! Can you tell I love it? It was between this and the Alfred Angelo one. I ended up with this one because I have never seen any wedding dress like this on another bride. And since I have my bust problem, haha, the straps are fantastic! No pulling the dress up all night! It is so beautiful in person. I got it in diamond white, which I am assuming is Maggie Sottero's version of ivory. Anyway, thank you for letting me brag, hehe :) It should be in  by Feb/March and then I can start my fittings! Yay:)

P.S. it is not nearly as heavy as it looks!
    http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=S810&backUrl=%2fviewBride.aspx%3fpage%3d0%26Id%3d5659

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Re: I bought my dress, and I love it so much, I have to show it off;)

Wow Liz - that is georgous!! I love the detail in the top and how well it goes into the skirt!!  Congrats! :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

OMG!  I love it!  The back rocks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW, Liz - it's FABULOUS!  LOVE it!  I'm obviously partial to the scalloped edge at the top. ;)  And, the straps are such a pretty part of the design; so often straps look "stuck on" as an afterthought.

Can't wait to see you in it!!  You'll be amazed at how the fittings transform it to true perfection for you.

Thanks for sharing!!

~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Congrats, I am glad that you love your dress.  It is stunning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Congratulations!  It is beautiful. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Gorgeous!  Isn't it an amazing moment when you find THE dress??  Every so often someone starts a "show us your dress" thread, so it's great that you did your own!  I think I can speak for others when I say we LOVE seeing dresses!  I think I will still be watching "Say Yes to the Dress" long after my wedding...

Congratulations!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Liz, what a beautiful dress!!  I love it, and the detail is amazing.  Great find.  Extremely beautiful dress!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Thank you!!! I love it so much! And I love "Say yes to the Dress", even though I could never afford those gowns ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Liz, your dress is awesome! I don't know what they're called, but I love the cascading poufs in front (that sounds awful, lol, but they're very chic!). How long is the train?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

I would love love love to meet the girl in the picture.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I think I will still be watching "Say Yes to the Dress" long after my wedding... Congratulations!
    Posted by heatherv1211

My FI asked me if I still plan to watch it after the wedding.  Of course I do!  I record them, so I have a ton taking up all our DVR space.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Whirled I think they are called pick-ups. And the train is a chapel...so not that long. And when it is bustled, you won't even notice, it will just look like part of the dress, apparently! And Dougas, haha!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Me too - I DVR them all.  Now they are on "On Demand" too, just in case I miss any...

Re the posts by: Dougas, Tarheel, et. al. - isn't it funny how the boys jump in and crash the wedding site in a way that reminds me of elementary school when boys didn't know how to talk to the girls so they'd pull their hair or something just to get some kind of reaction!

My FI asked me if I still plan to watch it after the wedding.  Of course I do!  I record them, so I have a ton taking up all our DVR space.
    Posted by dkb6248

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Yeah, when was the last time you guys got laid?? HAHA, sorry that was mean and VERY inapporpriate! Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

beautiful dress!! I just love Maggie dresses..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Lovely lovely. And "Say Yes to the Dress" is so addictive, I had to quit cold turkey. It gave me serious dress envy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Very mean and very inappropriate. I was just saying the woman in the picture is pretty and then I was attacked with that comment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prettyprincess. Show prettyprincess's posts

at least it's not another strapless dress. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

haha, pretty, don't like strapless dresses?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

lovely!  I wore a Maggie dress in diamond white and it is a beautiful color.  It is not quite as yellow as most ivories.  (Some Maggie dresses come in Ivory too--it's a different color.)  It is more like a very soft white--less blue and less bleachy than a pure white.  The yellow tones don't register strongly.  I think it's a very flattering color.

ANd the signature Maggie corset back is a wonderful feature.  I lost 10 pounds accidently before my wedding, and so we just laced it tighter--it fit like a glove!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: I bought my dress, and I love it so much, I have to show it off;):
    lovely!  I wore a Maggie dress in diamond white and it is a beautiful color.  It is not quite as yellow as most ivories.  (Some Maggie dresses come in Ivory too--it's a different color.)  It is more like a very soft white--less blue and less bleachy than a pure white.  The yellow tones don't register strongly.  I think it's a very flattering color. ANd the signature Maggie corset back is a wonderful feature.  I lost 10 pounds accidently before my wedding, and so we just laced it tighter--it fit like a glove!
    Posted by jasmine09

Jasmine, that is why I love the Maggies. The corset backs really attracted me to them. When I tried them on, I could tell right away that if I gained (hopefully not!) or lost weight, the dress would still fit like a glove, because of the corset!

Do you mind me asking what Maggie dress you wore?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I love when they come out of the woodwork like this.

I have the Sara Maggie dress with the corset back...I love it! The corsets are very sexy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Yes and they s.u.c.k you right in!!!

Are you kidding me BDC I can't say s.u.c.k??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

WPP, The Sara is beautiful! It must really sparkle in the light :)

When are you getting married?

Sections
Shortcuts