I feel sexy in my dress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: I feel sexy in my dress

We're all very different ladies here with different religious backgrounds, bringing ups, and personal morals.  And, we ALL AGREE on this.  I hope that is encouraging enough for you to ignore the one oddball in this situation, your FMIL.  She'll deal, believe me.  If she makes any negative comments about your dress, whoever she's talking to will say, "What are you talking about?!" just like we all have.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Well, thank you all again.  These comments are making me a little more comfortable with the idea of getting this dress.  Its so hard to please everyone sometimes and getting an encouraging word here and there really does help lift the spirit.  I wish I could just show the dress to my FI and get his opinion cause his is all that matters, but he would kill me if I showed him the dress.  That would solve my issue, but he wants the dress to be a suprise.  I agree with him, its just hard not involving him with the decision.  I'll probably make a decision by September so I have a few more weeks to think about it.  Thanks ladies :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

It's either exactly as Kar says OR there's something else your FMIL doesn't like about the dress, so she said "too sexy" thinking it was the best way to tell you she doesn't like it without hurting yoru feelings.

Her just not liking the style is not a valid reason for her to tell you not to buy it.
    I think it's gorgeous, and if it makes you feel gorgeous, buy it buy it buy it.
    I know you said it was a little out of your budget, but with the flower accents it has and all that pleating, you're not going to find that in a cheaper dress. A cheaper dress would have one or the other.

In Response to Re: I feel sexy in my dress:
    [QUOTE]I can't tell you how completely WRONG your FMIL is on this, and I feel bad for her that she feels that way.  She must have gone through her whole life suppressing and punishing herself for her sensuality as a woman and wife...how sad for her. Your dress is beautiful, and you absolutely should feel as beautiful and sexy as you are in it.  Sexy doesn't have to be trashy, and sadly for your MIL she doesn't understand that.  Please don't internalize her emotional problems into your life.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pink is so right!  The details on your dress cost money to make, and you won't find that kind of exquisite detail and design on anything cheaper.  You like the dress because it is classy, well made, well-designed and striking on you.  Those things generally just don't come cheap, and I think everyone here will agree that if you pass on it you'll be SUPER DUPER SORRY.

You hit the nail on the head, you cannot please everyone, and that goes for everything in your life.  She has no right to make you change your mind about anything you don't actually agree with her about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

It was nice of you to even involved her.  I have a great relationship with my MIL, but she didn't see my dress until my wedding day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Okay, now this woman's MIL should have stepped in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LMAO, I've seen a pic of this bride before, but it never fails to make my jaw drop!
    I'm glad she went with such a small necklace. Anything larger would have been too distracting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Yeah, that's a tad low cut.  HA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I would never have the courage to wear anything like that.  Having your father walk you down the aisle (I wonder if she married in a church).  Can you imagine having to hug your FIL in that dress? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Jdd, your dress is so beautiful, I hope you get it. It's tastefull, classy, and it makes you happy, which is the second most important part of your wedding. The first being your groom Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL - oh, my.  dkb, that pic really takes the (wedding) cake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

mmm, for some reason I don't think that bride is having the traditional wedding, lol.  I don't think anyone would be brave enough to give her a hug! 

So another question...I love the dress as is, but I'm wondering if you ladies think that the flowers are too big?

The dress is custom made so alterations are included in the dress (i think someone made a comment about that) so I might ask them about the possibility of making the flowers smaller.  I'm just afraid that if you make the flowers smaller, then you need more of them to go around the shoulder.  I don't know if then its too much.  I'm planning on taking the flowers off for the dancing anyways so they would really only be on during the ceremony and the beginning of the reception.

I'll post the picture again...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Quick question, are you wearing a veil?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I think the flowers are very modern and bold. If you want to leave them as they are, you must go really really understated with the rest of your bridal look. No necklace, no big bracelets or earrings, no flower in your hair. Your hair will have to be completely up and very simple.
    You don't want anything competeing with those flowers. Let them be what stands out.
    Kind of like this, the flower is what pops, everything else is gorgeous simplicity.
    www.brownsfashion.com/PUBLIC/IMAGES/ch6.jpg" alt="" width="372" height="558" />

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I think the flowers on the dress are perfect, imo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

I wasn't planning on a veil anways (FI doesn't want one) and I was just thinking of small pearl earrings and a small pearl bracelet...or...studded diamond earrings and a thin diamond bracelet.  My hair wouldn't have anything in it, just a simple up do.   It would be very simple...but do you think that I would still look like a bride?  Especially since the dress is more of a champagne color (a lot of people see the picture and think its white, but its not).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I think you could have the flowers made a little smaller.  To me, they do seem a little big for your petite frame.  Maybe they could just have the outer petals of the flowers a bit shorter.  Then they will be a little smaller, but you shouldn't need more.  I'd love to see the front of the dress!  It is so pretty!

And yes, you will still look like a bride!  You are the bride, so you should look however you want to to look at your wedding!!  To me, it absolutely looks like a wedding dress.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oh that sounds just lovely, and yes, you will totally look bridal still.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

sorry, but the first thing I thought about that dress was what's up with those flowers!  They're too big!

second thought is, what does the front look like?  it seems to fit you well and look good in the back.

I agree with the others about those Pnina Torney dresses.  But I think the only girls on "Say Yes" who have bought those skanky things all look and sound like they should be "Real Housewives from New Joisey"!   The grossest episode was how the father was so excited about his daughter's dress!  Yuck! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, now this woman's MIL should have stepped in.
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]
    Wait, is this picture for real???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I wasn't planning on a veil anways (FI doesn't want one) and I was just thinking of small pearl earrings and a small pearl bracelet...or...studded diamond earrings and a thin diamond bracelet.  My hair wouldn't have anything in it, just a simple up do.   It would be very simple...but do you think that I would still look like a bride?  Especially since the dress is more of a champagne color (a lot of people see the picture and think its white, but its not).
    Posted by jdd01[/QUOTE]

I think your choices are perfect and elegant.  You're going to look like a bride, don't worry about that. 

My dress isn't white, either.  It's champagne with some ivory.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like the big, bold flowers the way they are.  I agree with Pink, though, that the rest of your look must be demure to balance them.  Simple hair style, no necklace, and simple veil (no embroidery or beads, etc.).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel sexy in my dress : Wait, is this picture for real???
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Ooooh, love the flowers, love the dress... just beautiful!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I wasn't planning on a veil anways (FI doesn't want one) and I was just thinking of small pearl earrings and a small pearl bracelet...or...studded diamond earrings and a thin diamond bracelet.  My hair wouldn't have anything in it, just a simple up do.   It would be very simple...but do you think that I would still look like a bride?  Especially since the dress is more of a champagne color (a lot of people see the picture and think its white, but its not).
    Posted by jdd01[/QUOTE]

You'll look like a bride in that dress.  Check out www.bluenile.com for their freshwater pearls.  I got my MOH's pearls there, and the fresh water ones are well priced and high quality.  Everyone loved them...especially her. :)