I have my dress!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have my dress!!

I haven't posted much, but I read the forum a lot. I found my dress Saturday.  I was looking for something champagne/ivory but something without a train or one that could be removed.  This fit the bill so I tried it on.  It needs to be fitted but other then that I love it!!!  Not sold as a wedding dress, but I knew it was "the one" and now I keep looking at the pictures of it.  I may take down this picture in a couple of days so FI doesn't see it.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: I have my dress!!

I love that skirt!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

In Response to Re: I have my dress!!:
    [QUOTE]I love that skirt!!
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I do too.  You can't see the detail in the waist area from the picure though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Beautiful!!!  I can imagine how pretty the top will be after it's altered.  The sweetheart neckline is one of my favorites.  It's so flattering and feminine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats!  I've never seen anything like it, which is meant to be a compliment!  :o)  Cool skirt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats!  I've never seen anything like it, which is meant to be a compliment!  :o)  Cool skirt.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

I'm sure she knows "one of a kind" is a complement especially coming from a dear person like you, Fram!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats!  I've never seen anything like it, which is meant to be a compliment!  :o)  Cool skirt.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  I'll take it as a compliment. Smile Once it's altered I'll have to post another picture.  It came with straps to add, so I have to decide if I want to add them or leave it strapless...decisions decisions! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have my dress!! : I'm sure she knows "one of a kind" is a complement especially coming from a dear person like you, Fram!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree that it's a complement. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Winter, I love it! I also fell in love with the sweetheart neckline! It really makes the arms look thinner and holds my ladies in nice and tight ;)

Congrats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Winter, I love it! I also fell in love with the sweetheart neckline! It really makes the arms look thinner and holds my ladies in nice and tight ;) Congrats!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Hopefully my ladies will be held in nice and tight once it's altered.  The two dresses you are looking at are beautiful as well Peonie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

That is a beautiful dress- I love the skirt design,  and always love sweetheart necklines.

Does it come with cap sleeve or spaghetti type straps?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

LOL glad you knew what I meant - I couldn't think of a better way to word it at the end of the work day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Wow, that is pretty!  Love the draping in the skirt!  So unique!

I'm trying to picture it with spaghetti straps and they look funny in my head to me, like they don't belong on the dress.  Cap sleeves might look better.  Is it a corset back?  If so, you might not even need the straps keep you "secure".  I know when they laced me into my dress at the store, nothing was moving!  Almost including my lungs... I wonder if my BMs can get it that tight...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That is a beautiful dress- I love the skirt design,  and always love sweetheart necklines. Does it come with cap sleeve or spaghetti type straps?
    Posted by whatawagSBNy

The only option was spaghetti straps, but I don't think I'll be using them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wow, that is pretty!  Love the draping in the skirt!  So unique! I'm trying to picture it with spaghetti straps and they look funny in my head to me, like they don't belong on the dress.  Cap sleeves might look better.  Is it a corset back?  If so, you might not even need the straps keep you "secure".  I know when they laced me into my dress at the store, nothing was moving!  Almost including my lungs... I wonder if my BMs can get it that tight...
    Posted by trex509

Cap sleeves were not an option, it wasn't sold in the wedding dress section it was with the Mother's gowns/special occasion dresses.  I agree with you that I think the spaghetti straps would look funnny on it.  It does not have a corset back, just a zipper.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Once it's altered, you won't feel the need for straps for your girls, anyway.  It will either have cups sewn in, boning, or the fabric is heavy enough that once it fits that's all you'll need.  A seamstress will be able to take care of the bodice without needing to add sleeves or straps.

ETA:  It doesn't need to be a corset style bodice to end up being nice and comfortably snug.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Once it's altered, you won't feel the need for straps for your girls, anyway.  It will either have cups sewn in, boning, or the fabric is heavy enough that once it fits that's all you'll need.  A seamstress will be able to take care of the bodice without needing to add sleeves or straps. ETA:  It doesn't need to be a corset style bodice to end up being nice and comfortably snug.
    Posted by kargiver

I don't think I'll be able to have cups sewn in or go without, I'm a D cup but I think once it's fitted that the dress will be fine.