I really hate giving negative reviews :(

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I really hate giving negative reviews :(

Ok, I hate giving a negative review, really I do, but I just thought I would share my lovely experience with Allegria Bridal in Belmont.

I am in a wedding on June 20th, and I ordered my BM dress March 2nd, 4 months in advance, plenty of time. I went in the store with the exact dress code and color, and they measured me and got my accurate size. I know people make mistakes, so the first time I was very understanding. When the first dress came in, it was a size 2, clearly not my size at all! But they were still a little b*tchy about it with me, kind of like it was my fault?

Anyway, they ordered it for the second time, and 3 weeks later it comes in....in turquoise! So now I am getting a little annoyed, but keeping my cool. But they start to get annoyed with me? How is this my fault? Anyway, I told them to please this time just send it directly to my house and I will have it altered (if need be) somewhere else.

Finally one week ago, 3 weeks before the wedding, the dress finally arrives at my house, in a size 22!!! Hello! Can't these people put their orders in right?? My dress is currently at Newtonville Tailors be altered, and I am not picking it up till next Tuesday night, and I am praying it fits me, otherwise, I will not have a BM dress!!
    Oy Allegria, how you stress me Undecided

I don't think they like BM's there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Re: I really hate giving negative reviews :(

Oh no! I'm sorry about your terrible experience there!  that's where I got my bridal gown and they were terrific, but I did not get my BM dresses there.  Perhaps they are predjudiced!!  I am glad, however, that you are not going to their person for alterations - she is a nightmare!!

Good luck - I hope it all works out.  I used to frequent Newtonville Tailors and felt they were very good, but never had anything really important altered. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That is totally unacceptable.  They should not only apologize to you for their mistake, but PAY for your alterations (being that they got your size wrong twice!).  I would be livid!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I hear they are great with brides!! I mean I can understand that this wasn't a huge sale foir them. Also they noticed my engagement ring and kept trying to get me to try on gowns and I kept saying no thanks. When I first went in, I had JUST gotten engaged, so it wasn't time yet. Oh well. I will just blame my friend who is getting married who had to have this specific bm dress, haha jk!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Oh no! I'm sorry about your terrible experience there!  that's where I got my bridal gown and they were terrific, but I did not get my BM dresses there.  Perhaps they are predjudiced!!  I am glad, however, that you are not going to their person for alterations - she is a nightmare!! Good luck - I hope it all works out.  I used to frequent Newtonville Tailors and felt they were very good, but never had anything really important altered. 
    Posted by heatherv1211

Heather, their alterartions woman is no good? Oh thank goodness I didn't have her do it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Wow, after they screwed up multiple times and gave you attitude, they thought they could get you to buy a wedding dress from them?

Delusional.

Although negative reviews are no fun to give, they help the rest of us!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Well they wanted me to try on gowns when I first went in and when I didn't, I think it really pissed them off!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with them.  Seriously, how many times can you mess up one bridesmaid dress?!

My sister got her dress there and had a wonderful experience, but we didn't get our bridesmaid dresses there.

P.S.  The word "s-crew", as in "s-crew up", is not allowed on these boards.  Seriously???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's terrible, and very worth posting.  Brides have a right to know, and just about every bride has a wedding party, and she wouldn't want them treated that way or end up with the wrong dresses.

You'd think the shop would understand that these BMs have brides they are attending and can be brides at some point themselves. Why trash the BM end of their business?  How can they think that would be good overall for them?!

Good luck, Liz with the final try!!

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Liz - I don't know about "not a big sale for them"... I looked there for bridesmaid dresses and found them extremely expensive!!  No matter whether they are selling you a designer wedding gown or one hairpin, they should treat every paying customer like a paying customer!!  It's terrible business, and especially in this economy you would think they would know better!

I agree with Goodness - they need to pay for your alterations.  Their alteration woman I think is a talented seamstress - my dress came out very nicely - however she is CRAZY and I did not trust her.  I would not recommend her to anyone and I am going to write a letter to her, Allegria and the woman from whom we bought the BM dresses (who also recommended her). 

let us know what happens with the dress!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Well yes the dress was $250...ugh. And when I thought about it, it could be the manufactuer's mistake...they could have sent them the wrong color, size, etc. Oh well...everything worked out in the end. Well...if the tailor pulls through! :)

You are going to write her a letter about my situation, or yours?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Well yes the dress was $250...ugh. And when I thought about it, it could be the manufactuer's mistake...they could have sent them the wrong color, size, etc. Oh well...everything worked out in the end. Well...if the tailor pulls through! :) You are going to write her a letter about my situation, or yours?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

I'll write a letter about my experience with the seamstress they referred me to, but may throw in a bit about how word-of-mouth is such an important part of the industry and although my general experience with them was good, I have heard differently from different people! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Crisis Averted! Got the dress back lastnight and it fits like a glove :)

Sections
Shortcuts