It's possible that I found THE dress...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

It's possible that I found THE dress...

So, I went dress shopping with my Mom, and I found a dress I reallllly like.  It's by Enzoani Blue.  I'm trying to post a picture...not sure if it will work.  If the pic doesn't work, go to www.enzoani.com, then blick on Blue, Collections, 08, and it's the 4th one in called "Adana".  or this link:  http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/enzoani/detail/166447?offset=3

www.brides.com/images/vendor/dressgallery/bridal/bluebyenzaoni/00_main/adana_primary.jpg" alt="" height="340" />
    www.brides.com/images/vendor/dressgallery/bridal/bluebyenzaoni/00_main/adana_sec02.jpg" alt="" height="340" />

So, I still want to try on more dresses...it's so fun, and I'm not completely sold on this one yet.  I wish it was a corset back (for fit and for less expensive alterations!), and the train is too long for me, but I feel bad having my mom pay for nice Italian silk and then chopping most of it off?  I want sweetheart neckline but that's easy to change.  Soooo I'm going to see if nothing else compares when I try on others.  Did anyone else feel afraid to commit to their dress at first?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: It's possible that I found THE dress...

That is pretty!

I really only tried on the dress that I bought, which I got at Filenes.  I had a little anxiety here and there because I really didn't have that dress shopping experience.  But everytime I looked at it or put it on I loved it.  I have no regrets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I found a lot of dresses that I really liked and I would be happy with but they were not the dress for me.  When I found the dress I was not afraid to commit, in fact the though of trying on more dresses that might not be as good as "the one" made me sad so I knew I found my amazing dress and stopped.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

this dress is beautiful! 

I went shopping many times.  with friends, and then just my mom.  I found a lot of dresses that i liked and would have been very happy with, but when i put this one one, i did know it was the one.  I really had never believed that before....Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I was nervous to commit to my dress because I KNEW it would require a lot of alterations.  I didn't mind the impending cost of that so much; what scared me was that I'm not used to imagining such things all done.  I wasn't sure I'd love it as much as I thought I could after it was dramatically altered.  Of course, after going to Anahit, I was thrilled, but I had a hard time committing to the potential I saw in my gown.  What if I'd been wrong about how great it would look after it was done???

By the way, get the gown you want and have the train length you want.  Your mom is not paying for your wedding dress by the yard - she's paying for the ultimate gown you want to end up wearing.  And, the bodice doesn't cost that much to alter.  I hope you won't get a corset style simply to avoid having the bodice altered to fit you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Twinklie, I think it is a beautiful dress, and if the Brides.com website is accurate, it does not look to be outrageously expensive! I say go with your gut :) Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Beautiful dress.  Not one everyone can wear, with it's focus on the side hip feature.  My first thought seeing the back view was that on me, the gathers would be like a giant red arrow pointing to my oh so well developed glutei maximi. 
         I say, enjoy looking around.  It you keep coming back to this one you have done well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

whatawag's advice is great, I have to second it.  See if you keep returning to it.  If you are drawn to that dress even while you're in another shop with other pretty gowns on, it's the one.  However, if you stop looking immediately, you might never know for sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I only tried on 5 dresses before I bought mine! When you know, you know :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I bought the first and only dress I tried on at the first and only shop I went to. I had lots of worries afterwards that I shoudl have tried more and that maybe I would have found another dress, but now that my wedding's been over with for two years I know without a doubt I did what was right for me. My dress was exactly what I wanted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

twinkle, I think it's great if you think you found THE dress.  It's a freeing feeling, right?  I tried on about 10 dresses, but the dress I ended up buying was the first dress I put on.  I've had my dress for just over a year, and I'm getting married in 2 months.  There were times when I thought I could've shopped around a bit more as it was the only bridal shop I went to.  When it came down to it, though, I knew (in my heart) that it was the right dress for me.  You'll just  know when it's right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

I think I might just not be the type of person to commit right away to a wedding dress because I've made quick decisions before (ie my prom dress!) and then regretted them.  So I want to be reallllly sure it's the one!  And I do have a year still, so I can look a little bit longer without worrying.  I can imagine comparing every dress to this one...or trying on another dress and KNOWing it's THE one...so we'll see!  I might do some more shopping this weekend with my Mom.  Kar, you're right, if I want a shorter train I should do what I need to the dress to have what I want!  Thanks all!  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Response to It's possible that I found THE dress...:
    So, I went dress shopping with my Mom, and I found a dress I reallllly like.  It's by Enzoani Blue.  I'm trying to post a picture...not sure if it will work.  If the pic doesn't work, go to www.enzoani.com , then blick on Blue, Collections, 08, and it's the 4th one in called "Adana".  or this link:  http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/enzoani/detail/166447?offset=3 www.brides.com/images/vendor/dressgallery/bridal/bluebyenzaoni/00_main/adana_primary.jpg " alt="" height="340" /> www.brides.com/images/vendor/dressgallery/bridal/bluebyenzaoni/00_main/adana_sec02.jpg " alt="" height="340" /> So, I still want to try on more dresses...it's so fun, and I'm not completely sold on this one yet.  I wish it was a corset back (for fit and for less expensive alterations!), and the train is too long for me, but I feel bad having my mom pay for nice Italian silk and then chopping most of it off?  I want sweetheart neckline but that's easy to change.  Soooo I'm going to see if nothing else compares when I try on others.  Did anyone else feel afraid to commit to their dress at first?
    Posted by twinklie12

Your post has been bugging me on and off for hours.  I finally thought I had it figured out.  I went shopping with my cousin for dresses, primarily in shops which carried the 2 dress lines she was interested in, Sophia Tolli and Maggie Sottero.  She particularly wants some of their typical long fitted or ruched waists, and a sculpted neckline, and likes asymmetrical and bias cuts..
         I was thinking of your dress picture, and your wish - that it was corset back, sweetheart neckline, not as long a train as the semi-cathedral of your photo.  Then it registered - a woman in the Sherbrooke store was picking up her gown and showing it to her mother and sister who had not seen it.
         So I looked up the picture in Maggie Sottero, and it puzzled me.  I knew the back view did not have the molded to the derriere look of yours, but this one had a flat smooth back  so very UN-LIKE  yours.  Then I realized, the B to B wearing the dress had shown it to family with the short train out,  then bustled.  Bustled with the American style 1 point pick-up  like this

the one on the left with the train pulled up in an A of folds to a single point - which your gown has as a design feature  draping down to the long train when not bustled.

The bears in our late to fruit blueberry bushes - or rather, 4 dogs in the house barking at them - got me up, then this image in my mind niggling at me got me  on-line to look, so I will give the links to the dress.  It is not silk, and like many of Maggie's that  this store stocks is in the 9-1200 dollar range, a notch down from yours - but now I can go to sleep.
    AD3300 from the Destinations collection -Maggie Sottero
    http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=AD3300&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=AD3300

Good night,  Whatawag

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice photo, whata.  By the way, the French bustle style on the right can be modified to have more cascading "folds"/layers to accomodate a longer train.  Mine was that style, and I had a chapel train that was on the longer side - there were three large cascading "folds."  It was the most flattering style for my large behind because unlike the American bustle on the left, there was no extra material tied up there adding bulk where I didn't need it, although, the one in the photo starts lower on the body that most American style bustles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Response to Re: It's possible that I found THE dress...:
    Nice photo, whata.  By the way, the French bustle style on the right can be modified to have more cascading "folds"/layers to accomodate a longer train.  Mine was that style, and I had a chapel train that was on the longer side - there were three large cascading "folds."  It was the most flattering style for my large behind because unlike the American bustle on the left, there was no extra material tied up there adding bulk where I didn't need it, although, the one in the photo starts lower on the body that most American style bustles.
    Posted by kargiver

Kar, yes, this particular photo was on leanna's website to illustrate the American vs. French pick-up bustles for the skirt with either little fullness, or slim lines and little train.
    There is a section on fuller skirts  with French pick ups, and a whole page of just French underbustles,  where there are multiple layers- whole waterfalls and wedding cakes of them.  It is an art to plan them.

Sections
Shortcuts